Reviews by Muzzer27

Muzzer27's avatar
    Muzzer27
    Poland Poland

Bleu Marine by Pierre Cardin

This one instantly makes you reminisce about the late 80s - early 90s transition with its dark, somewhat dank nature of a murky puddle or an old wet brick wall, which would be an idea for a quasi-aquatic scent back in the day, obtained from a mixture of moss and a multitide of green and woody notes (carnation, patchouli, cinnamon, jasmine and caraway - all those ingredients can also be traceable). The sillage is quite good, longevity gets close to a couple of hours, albeit I've only tried it on my wrist, and after three hours or so it was still there, alive and kicking. I can't give it a thumb up, because this is not a scent that will appeal to everyone, but there is still some odd quality to it that makes Bleu Marine worthwhile. Yet, you should try it before you buy it.

05 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 06 August, 2014)

Cavalli Man by Roberto Cavalli

A very nice fresh scent with upper class ambitions. Citrus and a pinch of pepper are distinctive right away. After the drydown, musk and sandalwood becomes more detectable with something I would call fresh lemons in a leather bag.
    I'm not sure what the heck is going on with your Cavalli Man scents, guys, but my Cavalli Man last all day long without having to spill half a bottle of it all over me or even reapply it after a few hours. 2-3 sprays is enough, on my skin at least. Of course, after six hours or so is gets a tad closer to the skin, but this is ok considering this is a fresh scent. It is in fact rather plain and linear throughout its lifespan, but still it is clean, elegant and vibrant. Makes for a great business or occasion scent on warmer days.
    Unsophisticated as it may be, the sillage and longevity are very good, therefore the bipolar opinions as to the latter are surprising. Besides, it just smells great!! Thumbs all the way up!

07 March, 2014 (Last Edited: 27 March, 2014)

Chevignon by Chevignon

Chevignon is a blend of wood, leather, floarals and fruit with spices dredged on top. And what a mixture that is! The opening baffles me each and every time. The initial whiff that comes with the first spray is quite hard to define for me, however, you can spot the floral-whiskey-fruity nature of Chevignon right away. The wood and leather comes later with the drydown, and that is when it converts into something you would call a 'classic' cologne. Sillage is great, longevity of ca. 7 hours to me is good enough. On balance, it's a beautiful and versatile scent which seems to quickly adapt to the wearer.

07 March, 2014

Quasar by J del Pozo

This potion had accumulated high expectations on my part before I got to try it for the first time. Unfortunately, the hype around this scent occured to be unsubstantiated. The initial sweet blast faded away into a putrid soapy stench reminiscent of an old cheap after shave lotion. Not my taste at all.

05 March, 2014

Kenzoair Intense by Kenzo

Hi everyone! Although I've been around on this website for a while, this is my very first review on ''basenotes''. Why now? I'm not sure. Maybe I thought this is the right time to share an opinion with you professional scent loving perfume sniffers, or maybe I just wanted to give Kenzo Air its credit, and boy-it really deserves some compliments. Ok, so much for an introduction. Let's cut to the chase: in my case Kenzo Air was a blind buy. All I wanted was a unique summer scent, so I starded to look for something fresh (but not trivial) that would appeal to my rahter individual personality. Having once tried summer scents of the likes of Carolina Herrera Aqua or Versace Pour Homme, I was looking forward to something totally different. And I mean different, something even on the verge of oddness, a harmless olfactory weirdo, a genious maverick of a scent. Browsing dozens of websites and reading loads of reviews, I finally came across a captivating and mesmerizing contraption called Kenzo Air. Without much ado, tempted by its favourable basenote opinions and an enchanting bottle, I decided to give it a shot. So far I’ve never regreted my decision, not for a microsecond. This scent is marvellous and very different from most plain aquatic scents. Anise goes on top from the first spray and it stays on you all the time. The projection is quite moderate, but the sillage is very good, and the longevity is simply top notch! Even if you think it’s gone, believe me, it surrounds you all day long, giving those around you a pleasant feeling of an invigorating and soothing whiff of air once you pass them or a gentle breeze touching your skin when they stand close to you. It's not a conspicuous scent, not that ''Everybody-listen-up-I’m-here'' or ''Please-pay-attention'' type of scent. Rather than that, it’s more discrete, clandestine, somewhat vigilant, a ''Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tiger'' of scents, seems absent, but appears every time you need it. I’ve tried a few scents in my life, some of them I liked, some of them not, there are even some scents I would like to go back to out of sentiment, but Kenzo Air is the one I love and I cannot imagine myself giving it up, ever. If I had to pick my signature scent – this would be it. By the way, I get compliments by literally everyone I know who caught me in the act of wearing Kenzo Air. It may not be sophisticated, but considering the charm of the scent combined with the incredible bottle, it’s a masterpiece worth every penny.

01st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 August, 2012)