Reviews by MarshallLaw

I Love NY for All by Bond No. 9

My new favorite Bond 9! I thought they were loosing there stamina but this is pure bliss!!!
01st October, 2011

Homage Attar by Amouage

When I received my SMALL 0.4 oz cube I was shocked by the size. More so I was shocked by the strength of the top notes. I applied way too much. However, over the course of the evening the Attar was bliss. This was art well received by my nose and the euphoria was nothing I ever experienced before. For those who knock it...give it another chance. This is worth every star Luca Turin blessed. May I mention 2 DROPS IS PLENTY.
01st June, 2011 (last edited: 13th June, 2011)

212 Men On Ice (2009) by Carolina Herrera

Great summer San Francisco fragrance all year around. I apply this in the morning for an optimal wake up consisting of citrus, grass notes and lemon. The dry down is short but I don't mind. This gives me an excuse to add another fragrance for the afternoon. Love this.
01st June, 2011

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

I was a very young boy when this came out on the market, maybe 13 years old. All I knew was Chanel made Coco, which my mom wore. I was very curious. This was my first fragrance and now I am knee deep in niche parfums!!! All that aside, I am happy to see Chanel.com still sells this online. I would rather buy it from the source. While I did try looking at various Chanel stores, they only sell it on the Internet. Back to my story...I was gifted Egoiste by my mother. I loved the commercials and wanted to know what fragrance was all about. Seeing it was my first, I didn't know about notes or different terms. I thought all EDTs were that sweet. While it must have been strange for anyone sitting by me at Phantom of the Opera or Les Miz, I felt empowered. I pulled out my old bottle yesterday. It took me back. This was my first scent and I wouldn't change that for the world. It's not a matter of being young and not knowing...it's about the journey. Egoiste will always move me. This is my favorite fragrance commercial to date!

16th March, 2011 (last edited: 17th March, 2011)

Opus II by Amouage

While this is my least favorite of the Library Collection it does still follow the Opus journey. The pepper is overwhelming for me and the cinnamon doesn't seem to work for me with the dry down. I find this very confusing. I will let you know or update my post when I do a second application.
02nd March, 2011

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

It has all been said. I must admit, sometimes I go to sleep with a little sprayed on my wrists. The sense of smell can have various effects on our sleep. This executes an evening luxurious sleep and when I wake up in the morning I can still smell a great deal of the dry down. I believe the tobacco keeps the longevity fluent.

My morning is just as pleasant until it is time for work and I apply another application of parfum and savor a new scent for the new day. To me this is part of the journey Tom Ford meant to share. While it is nice enough to through on a tux, it can provide serenity.

However, as a collector of niche fragrances, I feel ripped off. To me, this feels like a $69.99 scent I can get at Sephora. I recently was at Neiman's and had the opportunity to have a long conversation about this. We went through each scent. She asked me to layer several. This was very pleasant, but $190 for each bottle of each scent to layer is ridiculous. I might as well buy an Attar from Oman. At least then the execution would be honest. Don't get me wrong, I would layer if they were $69.99 but they aren't. Is Tom going to pay my rent?
28th February, 2011 (last edited: 16th March, 2011)

Memoir Man by Amouage

Nothing new. Kinda let down.
27th February, 2011

Black by Bulgari

I don't feel it should get a negative because I didn't get ill. The rubber note reminded me....dare I say, a condom. I am all for safety but not in my EdT.
20th February, 2011

Opus I by Amouage

I have a sample I applied this morning. I wasn't too crazy about it until I walked into (dare I say it) Sephora to return some skin care products. The sales girls who was helping my around the store for my exchanges kept complimenting me. I felt Opus I was no big whoop compared to Opus III. I could see the excitement in her eyes even before I explained Amouage. She was inspired. I guess that is what The Library Collection is about, among other. I promised her I would give her the remainder 3/4 of my vial. I love this collection and Opus I, now more than before. This time the dry down is growing on me.
19th February, 2011

Essential by Lacoste

To be diplomatic...save your cash for a scent you will treasure.
17th February, 2011

Pheromone for Men by Marilyn Miglin

This is a throw back that never goes out of style. My friend for this for years before he passed. I smelled this every single day for five years while working together. The scent is unforgettable. I don't know where people come up with this hairspray idea. The Pheromone collection is brilliant and Marilyn Miglin sure knows how to create a scent for man. I stand behind this 110%.
17th February, 2011

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette by Chanel

I really miss Chanel's classic devotion to male EDTs. While the top notes provide a fresh burst of some of my favorite elements, I would not purchase this EDT again.
15th February, 2011