Reviews by Waldemar

Waldemar's avatar
    Waldemar

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

Classy, refined and meditative. Smell exactly like the listed notes but the sum is bigger than the single elements. Magic!

05 November, 2011

Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange

This is nice. Light airy green topnotes, then a rubbery medicinal smell, like a just unwrapped condom that turns then leathery and woody with an hint of iris root. Long lasting. I could wear this, but I've plenty of classic leather scents and don't need to add this to my wardrobe.

06 May, 2008

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

This is disgusting. Nothing sexual at all. The smell of vomit. Unfortunately I've tried this on my skin, had hangover and had to drink lemonade to clean my mouth. Moreover, It is extremely long lasting.

06 May, 2008

Colonia Russa by Santa Maria Novella

This is a marvellous, underrated, gentlemanly scent: soft bitter orange peel and orange blossom with a slightly civetish-russian leather drydown. It has also a soft melancholic and nostalgic quality and I love it. It can take a while to appreciate this scent because it is old fashioned and far from the current mainstrean colognes. Very suitable for fall and winter. There is also a whole line of aftershave balm and lotion, soap, and so on. It is worth a try. The lasting power is not bad, 3-5 hours on my skin, but I can detect very close to the skin some whiffs also in the evening. But you can solve every lasting power problem using the perfume extract, which has a more prominent "animal quality".

20th February, 2006