Reviews by wilz

Green by Byredo

Green by Byredo is nothing green at all. The floral is more pronounced throughout, particularly the jasmine and the violet. On me, it is a bit like Prada Infusion d'Homme. Green notes, presumably the orange petitgrain, can only be detected when you put your nose close to your skin. If you are looking for a burst of green notes, then you should definitely look elsewhere. Lasting power is poor though, for an edp, hence the neutral rating.
25th February, 2011

Chamen's Party by Honoré de Prés

Am juggling between a thumbs up and a neutral. Chaman's Party is hardly a favourite from my vetiver collection. I'd like to compare this with Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. Grey Vetiver, to me, is more subtle, and more aromatic. Chaman's Party begins with a burst of green notes, where the vetiver and basil are noticeable. I love the green notes, but there's also a harsh-ish alcohol top, which, to me, ruins the green opening. The dry down is more pleasant though, with the vetiver becoming more pronounced. Longevity is above average. Considering the price tag, I would probably recommend Grey Vetiver rather then Chaman's Party.
23rd February, 2011

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Cheap smelling. A deodorant like Chanel fragrance? You must be kidding me. But that's what it smells like. It's so different from Polge's last two Chanel creations for men: Allure Homme Sport and Allure Homme Edition Blanche. A total disappointment from a perfume house like Chanel.
21st February, 2011