Reviews by MZJ

Incense Rosé by Tauer

I wish I could afford a bottle of this thoroughly amazing scent. It's the best that frankincense has to offer with a side of rose. I can smell a bit patchouli too I think- and orris - but they're a whispers. The frankincense - which I adore -is the star here. I had it on for 15 minutes and two people mentioned how good it smelled....yum!
12th March, 2011

Jasmin de Nuit by The Different Company

This light, delicate fragrance brings back memories of me leaning out a window, late on a sultry night, the night jasmine vines have grown up around the window frame and I lean out of the window to catch a breath of heaven - and then it's gone.

This is a lovely scent with fleeting jasmine notes. I really like it but it is, perhaps, a bit too subtle and fleeting to be a scent that I would invest in. If I had a lot money I would enjoy owning a bottle though. A decant will have to do for me.

I enjoyed the memories it gave me!
08th March, 2011

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

This was the first perfume that I eve purchased for myself. I loved it! I used to think that it seemed a bit too frilly for me- too classically floral - but I loved wearing it none-the-less. Maybe I should go back and see if it still feels too frilly!
20th February, 2011

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

I am no expert in any "scents of the word" but I have loved this perfume for many, many years. It seems to smell very different on different people- and, for me at least, it becomes a softer more powdery scent. I would to read more about how personal chemistry can influence scents.
19th February, 2011