Reviews by tjayuk

Quiksilver by Quiksilver

I picked up a 50ml bottle for just £6 ($9) at a local fragrance shop for that price it really is an excellent daytime fragrance.

Its fresh, very green and I can imagine smelling this on the beach somewhere in the sun. Ive had good comments and people have mistaken it for Diesel. It surprisingly projects for around 2-3 hours and lasts up to 5 or so on my skin!

Excellent cheap buy for the summer

08th July, 2011

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

I disagree with comments this is a mature fragrance im 28 and absolutely love the smell. Its very different to the usual aquatics or sports that are worn by people of my age and I like to be different :)

I love the citrus orange opening that fades to the woody earthy smell to me it has a peppery note that lingers too. It seems to last a good few hours and I get quite a few comments. I think the comments are mainly because i suppose for my age women don't expect to smell something like this it intrigues them

I have only just found this fragrance but I expect it to be in my collection all the time now

08th July, 2011

Bang by Marc Jacobs

I was reluctant to buy this scent as a few people said it smelt like an old man (Im 27)

Personally i completely disagree with them, i argued they are just used to the fresh aquatic smells made for our age group and are too scared to try something a bit different!

Well Im glad i didnt listen to them, I love this scent. It literally is BANG pure pepper upon first spray but i love the drydown on my skin, I get a lovely woody, musky pepper smell that lasts a long time. When I first wore it I couldnt stop smelling myself.

The smell does seem to stay very close to my skin so I would rate it down on projection, I haven't really had many people comment on it so its obviously not intrusive. Not an office smell, its made for the evening or a winters day.

I love it and am happy to wear something different to all my friends!

17th March, 2011

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

Im pretty sure D&G dont make this anymore as its difficult to find it anywhere to buy. I used to wear it 5 or 6 years ago when I was 20 - 21 and its definately a younger scent.

I have managed to buy a bottle from amazon recently and whilst the scent doesnt grab me as much as it did a few years ago it reminds me of some fantastic summers in europe so I still enjoy wearing it now and then.

The scent is definately a very summer smell with very strong citrus tones to start off with. Infact they are almost too strong and it smells like a lemon air freshener which probably puts some people off this fragrance. However if you bear with it and give it 30 mins to dry and tone down there is a lot going on and the woody masculine musk tones come through.

Whilst im wearing this today for nostalgia i cant see me using the rest of the bottle until the summer is here and im off to the greek islands again!

01st March, 2011

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

I dont mind the smell its quite nice very soft and sensual. Like one other reviewer said it stays very close to your skin so people might not smell it unless they get very close.

Personally for me the longevity is very poor within an hour I can smell this on myself whilst others still can obviously i buy the fragrance for myself too!

Im glad ive bought it and tried it and for me it will just be an office or day time scent however when this bottle runs out I wont be buying it again

25th February, 2011