Reviews by SubBass70

SubBass70's avatar
    SubBass70

A Taste of Heaven by By Kilian

sampled this liek crazy and tried to like it...all i get is lavender and more lavender and a slightly acidic or vinergar like vibe...definate pass disapointing as I had high hopes for this one after reading up and seeing all the love/hype for it. Oh well...next...

19 June, 2012

Wonderwood by Comme des Garçons

Very underwhelming...there's much better stuff out there and I found this to be a real let down.Could be my skin doesn't like some CDG scents as it vanished after 5 mins. Sample first, of course! Having said that I maybe should revisit it and give it another chance.

15 June, 2012

Comme des Garçons 3 by Comme des Garçons

WoW! One of the few fragrances that makes me do a double take and want more...it really is unique and the desription of the "plastic alien flower from a forgotten past" is not wrong..I was almost going to buy a full bottle but noticed it didnt last long on my skin..also felt it leant too much on the feminine side...Ill just buy the odd sample now and then to remind me of it..truly amazing.

15 June, 2012

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Eau d'Été Summer Edition by Issey Miyake

Whats not to like? as YRK said, its generic, but so so nice...an explosion of lemony citrus dries down a more toned down and relaxed version of the original...a very good workhorse of a scent for summer...awesome!

02 March, 2011

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Well constructed, good quality but overall synthetic scent its a safe bet..easy to wear safe scent..perfect all rounder. Nothing offensive here but nothing really out there either. Good for summer and spring but something seems to be missing for me...it lacks real bite to be exciting to wear...give me Green Irish Tweed any day.

25 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 March, 2011)

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

This is a well made scent for sure,,! its a masculine formal lemony cleaning scent, would work well if your a bank manager or wear a suit...perfect for the used car salesman, in fact it reminds me of those trees you hang up on a rear view mirror to freshen a car interior,,oh no wait, those are better. anyway a horrible dissapointment, fails to excite or get compliements ...just too generic to me..and ultimatley.... DULL.

25 February, 2011