Reviews by yapper1

Parfum d'Habit by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

The way I use this is to only spray on clothing (the D'Habit part is true)---and I like it best sprayed inside outerwear, esp. leather jackets that don't get cleaned often, if ever. I give the jacket a spray in each armhole and allow to dry for at least an hour. The patchouli dominates this one, and patchouli always has a unique relationship with a person's individual smell--- Last but not least, I agree with the reviewer who urged people to try before you buy.

08 February, 2007

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Fraicheur by Lolita Lempicka

Has a muddled effect on me, kind of a food-y aroma. This could be the bottom wood notes clashing with one of the other top notes. Not something I'll wear again.

01st February, 2005

Centaure by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Walked by my wife after putting this on--she flipped over it. Passed the test!
    On me the blackcurrant note is most assertive, which makes this an unusual fragrance. This is one for the morning, no need to reapply during the day.

04 January, 2005

Yerbamate by Lorenzo Villoresi

This is the only 'green' I would own--it works really well for me. Subtle, smoky, unlike any other tea-note green fragrance I've tried.

12 December, 2004

Spezie by Lorenzo Villoresi

Funny, this one did not last well on me at all--nothing left on the dry-down. Although I love LV, I won't be buying this one.

09 December, 2004

Rose Poivrée by Different Company

This is a strong, pure rose scent; the pepper and other notes serve to emphasize its predominant rose nature. My wife said it was "subtle;" I don't agree. It's definitely unusual and, I think, assertive.

09 November, 2004

Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal

This and other Annick Goutal scents I own (Lavande, Hadrien) are not long-lasting, and seem to require at least two layered applications. That said, they are sophisticated and fun, and I will certainly retain them in my "keepers." Eau de Sud has surprises beneath its citrus presence, and is a good scent for me for work/daytime.

03 November, 2004 (Last Edited: 24 November, 2004)

Eau de Lavande by Annick Goutal

This is an unusual and interesting lavender, and is the only one I keep in my wardrobe. No sweetness at all. Like other Annick Goutal scents, it doesn't have a lot of staying power on me, but its subtlety is part of its charm. I use this for evening wear--if I wore it during the workday I would need to reapply.

03 November, 2004 (Last Edited: 26 November, 2004)

Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal

This is delightful--like the other Annick Goutal scents I have recently tried, this is far, far away from a "department store" men's scent. It's subtle, and dries down quickly, but seems to have OK staying power. This and LV Dilmun have been two great recent purchases for me in the Citrus category.

03 November, 2004

Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi

Just ordered this along with P. Nigrum. I like it very much; it will be alongside Acqua di Parma (which it resembles somewhat) for an interesting and fun weekend and relaxation scent.

26 October, 2004

Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

This is fabulous. I ordered from Lafco, NY--a good online vendor. Amber has always been a tricky scent for me, and other scents I've tried with amber notes haven't worked. This one works very well.

26 October, 2004

Sandalwood Cologne by Geo F Trumper

This one is both understated and long-lasting; almost a contradiction, which adds to its very English character for me. No harsh or bitter notes at all. It's a keeper for me, and I'll probably use it mostly for formalwear events.

15 October, 2004