Reviews by takeitupthenose

takeitupthenose's avatar
    takeitupthenose

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

1 Million as you can see is one of those love vs hate fragrances. Many people complain about the popularity so let me start there. I live in Dallas, TX and am a black professional suburbian, NONE of the circles I run in, even knows about this fragrance, other than what I tell them, which isn't much LOL. So since we ot that out of the way lets talk about the fragrance.

To me this smells like Juicy Fruit gum or Hawain Punch soda. Some type of fruit punchy concoction. This is at the top which lasts a few hours, it then drys down to a sweet powdery dusty vanilla bubble gum scent and that is what I get for the rest of the day. I am smelling it now and I still get the fruity note at the top but it is in the background somewhere, it pops its head up and then goes back down.

As for the sillage I don't get this nuclear projection everyone talks about. I do about 5 sprays. Two on the chest two on the neck and then rub my arms together so that I can sniff my wrist every so often.

Is it sweet? Sure, is it feminine? I don't know if I would want to smell this on my wife but it is definitely sweeter than most male fragrances I own, maybe sweeter than Rochas but in a different way. It never becomes cloying to me as I type the sillage seeps into my nose every so often and I really enjoy what I am getting.

I wear all my fragrances into the office, usually to get a response from my coworkers. All of them that smelled it said it was sweet and they liked it, and it wasn't too unprofessional as to get a "what the heck are you wearing this for" look. Overall I give it 4 out of 5. It isn't knock your socks off good but it is fun, sexy and I enjoy wearing it. I am about 5 plus hours into it and the sillage is still good though the projection just becomes moderate.

29 March, 2011

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Great Fragrance. I have yet to smell the great Tom Ford so I can't comment to it. I have yet to really take in A*Men so I really can't comment on it. I do own Pure Malt which is probably my favorite fragrance to date. So what about Pure Havane?

Pure Havane is terrific. Think of someone walking into a Cigar shop and splashing everyone with a bucket of honey. To say it doesn't have enough tobacco confuses me because as the sillage now permeates my nose (I am wearing as I type) this is all I get. A sweet cigar smell, which is done wonderfully in my opinion.

I don't think it will be as complemented as Pure Malt but to me it is of the same class and rank. Be careful with spraying I think I went a bit heavy on the trigger this morning and man is this think projecting right into my face. Or at least spray it at the back of the neck. Whew!

15 March, 2011

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

Okay, I am new to fragrances sort of. Since high school I have owned Preferred Stock (don't laugh), Curve, Cool Water, Christian Dior Higher and Dolce Gabbanna. Since I have started collecting colognes. I now own Perry Ellis Man (underrated), Subtil by Ferragamo (they should stop making fragrances), Rochas, Hanae Mori, He Wood, Issey Summer 09 and now Pure Malt. I had to give you a fragrance foundation before I proceed.

Now let me first explain that either I am lucky enough to have skin that keeps fragrances a long time or I picked fragrances that have great longevity. Pure Malt beats the brakes off of everything I own. I put it on at 7:00 that morning and by 10:30 that night it was still going and I mean going strong. The scent is amazing. A sweet. liqueour, coffee, something. My wife loved it at 10:30 when I went to help her in the office she said "you smell great" that was 15 hours into the cologne. 3 out of 5 of the women at worked liked it and when I drop my son off at day care I got another compliment. I like Pure Havanne but it is a little sweeter to me sort of Honey. Out of the Angel Man's that I have sprayed on my skin I have only purchased Pure Malt, I am thinking about Havane but they do have some strong similarities and don't know if I should own them both. I want to spread my love to each house before I double up :o)

10th March, 2011