Reviews by CardaGiorgio

Incense Flash by Tauerville

In my humble opinion it's not necessary that a fragrance should be a masterpiece to give it a possitive point. This is the case.

Incense Flash is a two dimensional fragrance that somebody can find unfinished due to its simplicity. In terms of the olfactory pyramid of a fragrance, it has one middle note and one base note, both mixed at the end of the development. Is this bad in itself?, not at all. Tobacco-Vanille offers a similar simplicity for an astronomical price, and despite it a lot of people loves it (because it smells good). Incense Flash offers the same but for a much fairer price.

In terms of smell, Incence Flash smells like another more complex fragrance after the first half hour. It starts with a single middle note of a very dry incense with a little smoky touch in the background. After half hour, it feels the smoky touch growing til' merge with the incense and even standing above it at the end. I disagree with the people that describe a leather note in this fragrance. If you' ve smelled L'air du desert marocain, you can associate the smoky touch in it with the smoky touch in Incense Flash. It's true that this smell is very prominent at the end of the development of the smell, but I don't describe it as a leather note but a intense smoky note.
At the end, the smell it's not as dry as in the beginning. It's more pleasant and elegant, in part thanks to the prominent smoky note.

Incense Flash is a good smell, unpretentious and for a fair price (at least fairer than another similar and super-hyped fragrances).

22nd December, 2015

Lonestar Memories by Tauer

After a date with my girl, I get on my horse to come back home. It´s too late to make many miles and, at the middle of my path, the night falls on me. It´s too dangerous walking through the night so I decide spend the night near a big tree.

I gather some branches and light a fire with my lighter. While the wood begins to burn, I feel the burning. Suddenly, I notice that something in the back pocket of my jeans keeps me from being comfortable, I put my hand on it and pulled out a bouquet of flowers some dried and crushed. They were flowers that I was carrying for my girl, but I had forgotten to give them. By then, the fire burned completely.

I got as comfortable as I could to rest while the aroma of burning wood, my smoked leather boots and the bouquet of flowers accompanied my thoughts about my girl and how she makes me feel like a star. We should not have spent that night alone, neither she nor I. At that time, just before closing my eyes, only I had her memory; only were the Lonestar Memories.
14th October, 2012

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

Walking through the dunes of a desert, I can see a town to a few meters from me. While I´m walking to there, the sandy and hot air mixed with the smell of all the spices and sweets that comes from the market of the town invade my nose. Before arrive to the town, I realize that I don´t want enter; I only want to stay there between the market of the town and the desert, and take the best of each one.

This is L´Air du desert marocain to me: The best of the market and the best of the desert into a bottle.
07th October, 2012

Cool Water by Davidoff

This is one of my favourite fresh fragrances. Despite of the fever of "sport" fragrances that we live nowadays, some classics like Cool Water still remains in the top. In this rank of prices I think almost nobody offers a fragrance with the originality of this.
28th July, 2012

A*Men: Le Gôut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [hot chili pepper paste] by

Basically it´s Pure Coffee with chili pepper. It smells good but I don´t like so much the pepper note which is very potent in the first hour. The drydown is similar to Pure Coffe but less strong. I got Pure Coffee and I prefer it.
04th March, 2012

Red Aoud by Montale

If you have tried Chocolate Greedy, this scent is basically the same chocolate feeling mixed with oud. The chocolate feeling is very addictive and the oud gives it a touch of elegance and distinction. I really like this fragrance
28th January, 2012

Aoud Lime by Montale

This fragrance is not for me actually. I think Montale don´t get the citric vibe in this fragrance. It has an aromatic, medicinal and metalic felling but not citric (in my opinion) because the lime should have a little bit of freshness that this scent don´t have.

Don´t get me wrong, this is a good fragrance for aromatic and metallic fragrances lovers. The develope of this scent is very progressive and it finish with a comfortable sandalwood note mixed with oud and spices. I like the drydown after 3 or 4 hours but as I said this fragrance is not for me actually.
28th January, 2012

L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent

YSL is killing itself. With a big classics into his catalogue as M7, Kouros or Rive Gauche, they prefer to launch more and more flankers of a boring scent as L´Homme.

L´Homme Libre is the worst flanker by far. It´s sintetic, boring, not even smells good. It lasts almost twenty minutes on my skin (thank god) and it´s price is obscene for what it offers.
06th January, 2012

Allure Homme by Chanel

This is one of my favourite fragrances. Some floral, some sweet, some citrus, some woody........the perfect indefinable. It takes elements from several olfactive families to create an original and quality smell. Allure Homme is a very warm scent with a good projection and longevity. Is elegant, is sophisticated and very addictive for me.
08th September, 2011

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

This fragrance can be called A*Men Pure Honey. It has a lot of honey mixed with original A*Men base and a little bit of tobacco leave in the background. It smells very good, but it´s nothing special.
28th July, 2011 (last edited: 12th August, 2011)

Boss Orange Man by Hugo Boss

The name is good, the bottle is nice, the fragrance is............where is the fragrance?. Shit, this is only water!!!........the most expensive water in the world!!!
04th March, 2011