Reviews by slesperado

slesperado's avatar
    slesperado

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Take a bar of Ivory soap, set it on an aluminum soap dish, then sprinkle black pepper on top of the Ivory soap. That's what this Silver Mountain Water smells like. Although it's not a BAD smell, it's also not an attractive smell and it's definitely not worth the price they're asking for it.

I'm so glad I sampled this and didn't blind buy it!

05 May, 2013

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

This smells like some guy who refused to bathe himself in four weeks, then he developed some incurable type of skin infection and his flesh begins falling off of his body.

I've tired this so many times. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. It smells disgusting! It's one of the most disgusting fragrances I've EVER smelled. I'll never understand why something this horrid would be allowed on the market. I'll also never understand how it has so many positive reviews.

DO NOT BUY THIS!!!

21st July, 2012

A*Men: Le Gôut du Parfum / The Taste of Fragrance [hot chili pepper paste] by

This stuff smells horrible. There is no balance to the fragrance at all. It just smells like I'm wearing chilli pepper powder. I could not smell any of the other notes in this until it reached its basenotes stage 4 hours later. That stage only lasted for about an hour, then the fragrance was completely gone. This fragrance actually REPELLED girls when I wore it. After two days of testing it, I returned it to Nordstrom. That was the first time I'd ever returned a cologne in my entire life!

Seriously... If this stuff if "good", then why hasn't it sold yet (at this particular moment). It's been on the market for around 6 months now. Some stores have even REDUCED the price of it because of it's low demand.

Thierry Mugler needs to do the smart thing and permanently add Pure Malt and Pure Havane to its lineup.

24 May, 2012

Figues et Garçons by Nez à Nez

This stuff smells horrible! It smells like burnt plastic dipped in rotten Kool-Aid that was stored in a rusty aluminum container and aged for 10 years. It also smells way too feminine for a guy. Also, this stuff would never attract me to a female if I smelled it on her. DO NOT blind-buy this one!

09 May, 2012

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

I received a sample of this a few days ago, and I'm very disappointed. I can tell that the ingredients in this fragrance are of a high quality, but the balance is horrible. All I can smell is INCENSE! It's a shame that they included so many notes in this fragrance only to allow the incense to shine. When I try hard enough, I can smell a smidgen of honey in the background, but that's it.

Also, the projection is non-existent after about 2 hours. I just don't see the justification of charging $300 for a fragrance that performs worse than a $40 fragrance!

On another note... If they were going for the Arab smell, then they were spot-on! I've lived in and visited a few Arab countries, and the incense smell is very popular in that part of the world. I would smell it everywhere I went. This Amouage Jubilation XXV smells exactly like the fragrances that the Arabs wear, but the ones that the Arabs wear cost a LOT LESS and work a LOT BETTER! I think they used some types of oil. I'm not sure.

I'm SO GLAD I didn't waste my money on a full bottle of this stuff!

07 April, 2012

A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

This stuff smells HORRIBLE!!!

I'm a big fan of Thierry Mugler, but they messed up with their last two offerings. I bought a bottle of The Taste Of Fragrance (Pure Chili) months ago, and I returned it because the chili note was overpowering. I bought sample of Pure Shot a few days ago, and it smells even worse than "Pure Chili"! It smells like a decaying rat.

Guys, PLEASE don't blind-buy this. You might not like it. I'm glad I didn't blind-buy this one.
    It's totally not worth $85. I wouldn't even accept a bottle for free!

30th March, 2012

Bulgari Aqua pour Homme Marine Toniq by Bulgari

I'd been wearing Bvlgari Aqva since 2009, and I decided to try the Aqva Pour Homme Marine Toniq a few months after it came out. I'm glad I did.

When I first apply it, it kind of smells like Mandarin Oranges on my skin. A few minutes later, it develops into a watery/salty fragrance that is still balanced with the oranges.

I actually like this better than the regular Aqva because it's not as harsh and it's more likeable from more people. I won't have to go around worrying that it might offend people. I'm not sure of how good the longevity is, because after about 5 hours, I stop smelling it, but I think other people can still smell it. I also can't compare this one to the original Aqva Marine because I never really had a change to properly test Aqva Marine out. I've never owned that one:(

If you can, try it BEFORE you buy it, as this is not for everyone. This is not something I can wear every day, but it is something that I'm proud to have in my wardrobe:)

07 March, 2012