Reviews by Moff

Artisan Black by John Varvatos

Lovely unique dark and spicy scent. Just a shame that projection and longevity are so poor otherwise I would wear this a lot more often than I do.
17th June, 2012

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

I just don't understand why there are so many negative reviews for this guy on here...Dior Homme Sport is a fantastic fresh citrus fragrance with a nice depth and warmth to it. Very high quality stuff for the money, a cut above the rest in this genre. Just got my first bottle today after falling in love with it after I bought a small sample. Will be a regular in my rotation, great for daytime/office wear, but also rich enough to wear at night time.
28th February, 2012

Big Pony 1 by Ralph Lauren

Absolutely horrendous. Do not bother with any of the Big Pony's. I got all 4 in a gift pack for Christmas and I wouldnt dare wear any of them in public. Or private for that matter. No redeeming qualities whatsoever in this one.
05th January, 2012

Big Pony 3 by Ralph Lauren

Smells a bit like a far inferior version of Live Jazz. The only remotely wearable out of the 4 Big Pony's. I would not buy it.
24th December, 2011 (last edited: 05th January, 2012)

Cool Water by Davidoff

I really wanted to like this fragrance, and ive tried very hard to after I blind bought it a year or so ago. To be honest the top notes are quite nice and the first 15 min or so is promising...nice and fresh and clean....however the dry down is just an absolute disaster. Smells so cheap and abrasive, i get a cigarette ashtray and body odour vibe and I just want to wash it off my skin.

I can happily wear most super-popular mainstream scents, but not this one.
21st November, 2011

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Sex in a bottle. I absolutely adore this stuff, its my "special occasion" scent for a big night out. Monster projection and longevity, people are going to notice this one. Too overpowering for casual social wear in my opinion (although I have been known to spray it on my wrists at home some nights just so I can bask in its sweet glory).

I get rich, sweet incense which morphs into an almost marshmallow-like quality on the dry down. Seductive.

Cannot fault this one if used in the right setting. Magic.
21st November, 2011

Allure Homme by Chanel

This stuff is just glorious. It's a little bit of, deep, woody, sweet, smooth. Really well balanced, exceptional quality. Projection is decent and longevity is just average.

A night time scent for me. Expensive, but worth it for the Chanel quality.
20th November, 2011

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Popular, hyped, ubiquitous, but just so nice. I know there will always be ADG haters out there, but I will always have a soft spot for this one.

Massive projection and great longevity on me.

By no means the best fragrance in my collection but I really enjoy wearing it every now and then on a warm day with friends.

It has gotten more compliments from women than any fragrance I own.
17th November, 2011

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Wow, almost a year after writing the below negative review I decided to go back and revisit this scent and my opinion has completely changed. I've actually grown to enjoy the harsh opening and the dry down is simply amazing. I am going to have to buy this now for the winter, I cant get enough of that dry down, wow! I now see what all the hype is about.
Original review, thumbs down:

After reading so much hype online of what appeared to be a very polarising scent I bought a small sample off eBay which arrived today. I must say I'm definitely not a fan. Just too sickly sweet and the tar note is really off putting. I couldnt ever see myself wearing this.

It sounds like I would enjoy Pure Malt more and I'm very keen to try it but can't find a sample anywhere online. Although if Pure Malt is as similar to the original as people say it is, I doubt I would like that either.

Very glad I did not blind buy this one!
11th August, 2011 (last edited: 01st July, 2012)