Reviews by Appalachianitis

Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture

When I first smelled Juicy Couture, I thought, "Eh, it's nice, but too young for me."

I'm 34, I have dark hair, wear glasses, and mostly wear black. I come across as a fairly serious person, and it felt like this was meant for someone younger. And maybe blonde. And more fun.

Yet, I kept returning to it. Every time I saw a tester, I indulged in another spray.

While many people possess the ability to dissect a fragrance down to its very last note, I do not. Some reviews mention this fragrance as being heavy-handed with the fruit, but mostly I just smell that gorgeous tuberose, which reminds me of Fracas (another one that I have deemed "not me.")

Maybe the fact that I look like a gothic librarian-accountant means that I *can* pull this off better than a tracksuit-wearing Barbie doll.
10th September, 2011

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

If Chanel No. 5 is your little black dress, Lovely is your favorite pair of jeans.
13th July, 2011

Habanita by Molinard

This is the friendliest scent ever. Warm, comfortable, inviting, it's like an easy-going conversation between people who have known each other for a long time.
06th June, 2011

Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Giorgio has quite a reputation, and I vaguely remembered it from my childhood, so I decided to give it a try this afternoon.

I don't get how this can be described as "sweet." To me, it and edgy. It's not unpleasant, but it's not something that I want to wear, either.
27th May, 2011

Séxual by Michel Germain

This isn't the most interesting scent, but nice nonetheless--just a soft, warm rose fragrance that would be beautiful when worn during autumn, maybe layered with an incense fragrance.
01st May, 2011