Reviews by Zerby

Coach Leatherware No. 03 by Coach

I have to say thumbs WAY UP on this one. Reminds me of the smell of My Father's first BMW. I haven't forgotten. The leather smell is unbelievable. I want to buy a bottle soon.

25 April, 2014

Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor

I would give this a thumbs way up!!! Reminds me a lot of Obsession by Calvin Klein. This was my first ever cologne purchase back in 1991 at Macy's. I love the lavender in the scent & it does last a long time. I just bought a 4 oz bottle. I'm set for a while.

15 April, 2014

Beverly Hills Polo Club Classic for Men by Beverly Hills Polo Club

Well I guess I'm in the minority her. I love this fragrance. Reminds me of Givenchy Gentlemen. It lasts all day too. I will be buying more of it.

24 March, 2014

Wildblue Noir by Banana Republic

I tried this in the BR store & loved it. The lasting power is terrific. I plan to buy a bottle soon. It's along the lines of TF Noir IMHO. It's a spice scent for sure.

28 February, 2014

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I got this for Christmas 12/25/13. I was glad to see it. I wore this the next day meeting w/ some people. I got 3 compliments. At work, I got 11 more compliments in 1 day!!! Everyday I wear this I get a compliment. This isn't teenage by a longshot. Very woody. I get over 20 hours lasting time. Sillage is fantastic too. You can't go wrong here.

14 January, 2014

HiM by Hanae Mori

I only tried this at Nordstrom & Macy's. It was love at first sniff. It's also. It's the only Hanae Mori that I like. I don't see it smelling like Curve or Bora Bora. The longevity is about 14 hours on me. I can see myself buying a bottle soon.

03 January, 2013

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada

Prada outdid itself here. Longevity is great. Much better than the original Prada. Similar to YSL's La Nuit de l'homme (IMHO) It really earned it's name (Intense).

23 March, 2012

Mr Blass by Bill Blass

I bought this last month. I don't regret it for a minute. Mr. Blass is all "CLASS" in my book. I suggest getting a bottle. It's that good. It's not like what you smell today like the aquatic & fruity stuff.

19 March, 2012

Great Jones by Bond No. 9

This reminds me of a classier Halston. The word "Great" says it all.

13 February, 2012

Safari for Men by Ralph Lauren

I love this scent. One of the ones that I'll keep buying. I got 2 "You smell Goods" in one day( That's rare). Now I just want to find the After Shave Balm to add to it.

10th January, 2012

Camp Beverly Hills for Men by Camp Beverly Hills

I got this for Christmas back in 1988. It was a fantastic scent. Why they discontinue scents like this is beyond me. I sure hope they bring this back.

11th June, 2010

Lapidus pour Homme by Ted Lapidus

My brother gave me his bottle back in '95 along w/ Balenciaga pour homme. I couldn't tell the 2 apart by smell. I will buy again. Go easy on the stuff or you'll clear the room.

11th May, 2010

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

At first, I didn't like it very much. I thought the longevity would be terrible. I'm wrong!!! This stuff lasts!!!!! Too strong for office wear. I would wear this as an Evening scent. A thumbs up!!!

02 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 05 January, 2013)

Coach Leatherware by Coach

I tried it & was impressed despite it didn't get much love on the Male Fragrance Forum.
    I got a sample (Which led me to buying a bottle.) Reminds me a lot of Boucheron pour homme. I got great longevity out of it.

Initial Reaction: I love it!!!!!!!
    Proper wearing reaction: Still Love It!!!!!!!
    Price Reaction: Holy Cow!!!!! I still bought it.

20th January, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 March, 2010)

Versace l'Homme by Versace

The minute I smelled this I knew Versace had a winner. This one stands out. It kind of reminds me of Givenchy Gentlemen in a roundabout way w/ I'Homme having more lemon in it.The new Versace pour homme doesn't stand up to this one at all.
    If you're sick of clean blue scents give Versace I'Home a try.

21st July, 2009

Swiss Army by Swiss Army

I got this as a Christmas Gift a few years ago from my Sister-In-Law. I used it as a bug spray. It sure smells like it!!! Next year she got me Regular Polo. A BIG step up!!! Swiss Army should Stick to Knives!!!!

14 July, 2009

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel

I give it a thumbs up!!! PM & Anteaus are my 2 favorite Chanel fragrances. I normally don't like a lot of vanilla in any Cologne.
    I'll make an exeption w/ PM. I can understand all the positive remarks on this. I give it a Thumbs up!!!!

05 June, 2009

Vetyver by L'Occitane

I have to say that this is one of the best Vetyver's out there. I plan to get a bottle soon. I doubt that they discontinued it though. It sells like hotcakes at the L'occitane in Minnesota. It does last for a long time. Which is good. I love the price too $46.

11th April, 2009

Santos Concentrée by Cartier

I owned this one not long after it's release. I loved it. Truly loved it!!!! This is what a fragrance should smell like. I loved both of them. I was in 9th grade when I had this one. It was a hand me down though. I do plan to buy it again.

01st March, 2009

Yatagan by Caron

I've heard so much good feedback about this stuff. Now I know why. I also bought a dacant from PerfumedCourt and haven't regretted it since. Maybe it's time for a full bottle when my decant's done.

10th February, 2009

Royal Delight by Creed

I agree w/ MonkeyManMatt on this one. The lasting power is unbelievable!!! I just recieved a compliment
    from someone who told me it was "Delightfull" !! She asked what the name of it was. I told her. To me it's a little stronger than Creed BDG. I do give this a thumbs way up!!!!

19 November, 2008

Chevignon by Chevignon

Add me to the list of people who think Chevignon smells like Polo Crest. I just received a sample from another BNer. Good stuff. I do plan to get a bottle.

19 November, 2008

H.O.T. Always by Bond No. 9

This is my favorite of all the Bonds that I've tested. It's a classic "Back in the Day" smell. So I do see where all these reviews compare it to Givenchy Gentlemen. I just have a decant 7 ml. Apply w/ care. It's strong stuff!!! I plan to buy in the future.

04 November, 2008

Polo Modern Reserve by Ralph Lauren

I'm just sampling it now. For anyone who was unhappy about Polo Crest being discontinued. Break out the wine & celebrate. This smells just like it. That's a good thing. I sure hope to get a bottle. UPDATE:8/7/09. I got a bottle for Christmas and I just love it.

13 October, 2008 (Last Edited: 07 August, 2009)

Red for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

I had a travel bottle of this stuff. I loved it. Anything Giorgio touches turns to magic. If you like this stuff buy it should you find a bottle. Reminds me a bit of joop but not as sweet.

30th September, 2008

Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

You can't lose on this stuff. This is what seperates the Men from the boys. Very close to Zino Davidoff. Please go easy on the application. Thumbs 10.000 miles up!!!!!!

30th September, 2008

IL by Lancetti

This is a one of a kind fragrance. It's Diet joop to me. I'd love to find this again. My chances aren't good. It's too bad that they had to discontinue this cologne. I hope that it's out there somewhere. If joop is too sweet for you, this is the one for you.

22 September, 2008

Oscar de la Renta pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta

I love the smell of this fragrance!!! I don't own it. I plan to now!! I gets rave reviews on here & I know why!!!! It's up there w/ all of the classics of the 80's Anteaus, Jazz, and Kouros. I hope to get it soon.

22 September, 2008

McGraw by Tim McGraw

I lost all FAITH in this cologne. Smells like everything else out there. I'll take Aramis 900 over this any day. This is money well worth wasted.

17 August, 2008

JHL by Aramis

This is one of the best. Apply with caution though. I get good longevity out of this. It' best for Autumn & Winter. To me, I love it anytime. I hardly ever get feedback though. This will stand the test of time.

13 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 22 August, 2008)