Reviews

Reviews by Zhoya

Le Roy Soleil Homme by Salvador Dali

A beautiful creation. Unique. Brilliant. Enticing. Long lasting, great sillage. Quite possibly one of the most pleasing visually and and olfactorily (is that a word? it should be)of any ever created.
This scent is sunlight falling through a cedar forest. Rich, brown, woody, deep, earthy, full, with a surprising silery topnote, reminiscent of many Etros.

Chaleur d'Animale pour Homme by Animale Parfums

I still love this stuff. It is so very fresh and clean. Not at all my usual type. the cardamom, nutmeg, cumin give it just a bit of edge.

Animale Animale for Men by Animale Parfums

I love Angel, so consider that with this review. To me the scents are different, though there are definite gourmand similarities of the fruit,chocolate, patchouli notes. Animale is closer to A*Men, and Yohji, but still holds its own unique spot. Animale has a delicious and slightly delirious cognac and cigar note not present in the others. It was certainly not popular at the time it was released-- but I am surprised more people have not rediscovered this scent once Angel made gourmand more mainstream. This one is deep and rich and perfect for some enchanted evening, or just when you want to feel lushly sexy.I prefer it to the women's version, which is more dilute and lacks the cigar/cognac notes.
Oh PS-- I am a woman. But find it equally alluring on men.

Navegar by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Navegar-- bay rum, planter's punch, pipe tobacco, old leather; what's not to like here? Deliciously different, hard to find, uniquely intelligent. Carry a refresher if you like intensity-- it fades fairly quickly.
21st September, 2004

L'Eau du Navigateur by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I never got the coffee part; but when I was searching for leather, hand-polished wood, after-dinner brandies in the captain's cabin, with a good pipe-- this was my delight! Perfection for above scenario. I am devastated it has been discontinued, but as there are only about 20 of us in the world who love it, I understand why.
If you ever have the opportunity to sample, please do-- then close your eyes, inhale deeply, and enjoy your voyage.
21st September, 2004

Tabaróme Millésime by Creed

An absolute delight! This is a scent with substance and confidence- wear it only if you mean to be taken seriously. It is warm, rich, and deeply satisfying. A perfect blend of tobacco and spice, with hints of bourbon and leather. Great sillage and lasting power.
"Manly, yes, but I like it too!"
02nd April, 2004

L'Anarchiste by Caron

Thumbs way up on this splendidly crafted olfactory delight! L'Anarchiste manages to strike an odd balance between sillage and skin. Unique, confident, complex- from sharp crisp and fresh opening notes to a mellow and grounded, but never shy, dry-down. One of my new favorites. A perfect multi-sex (or "unisex" if you prefer) scent.
02nd April, 2004

Tam Dao by Diptyque

One of my faves. This is a clean fresh scent with crips topnotes that mellow beautifully into a full and grounded sandalwood. Though the sandalwood most suerly dominates, this is not a simple scent, but confidently and cleverly complex. A very slight pinch of sweetness with no cloying heaviness keeps this fragrance from being too sharp. A comforting, clean, and attracting scent for all genders.
15th March, 2004