Reviews by genvy5

genvy5's avatar
    genvy5

Méchant Loup by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Bowl of honey nut cheerios. With extra honey. I like them like that.

I don't get a naughty character out of this. To me the wolf just woke up and is starting his day with a bowl of honey nut cheerios.

I like it a lot. I've always thought a scent like this would be excellent and it is. The hazelnut is surprisingly tolerable for me. Woody and creamy and a little nutty. Doesn't make a bold statement, it's just soft and lush. Not particularly bottle worthy to me but it's good.

30th September, 2008

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

There is a certain sweetness to this that I find most prominent at the top of the fragrance. It reminds me of milk, or cream, mixed with honey. I smell the blackcurrant immediately as well, and it lasts for quite a while (which is excellent). SMW seems to play with these most powerfully throughout its life, along with some heady note which adds a little black to this very white fragrance(with a touch of purple). It dries down very similarly to GIT, but you can distinguish between them and they are both amazing drydowns. SMW is somewhat light for a Creed, but that lightness is most obvious to the wearer, as others can smell this a lot better on me than I can. Lasts through swimming in a public pool. That's impressive. Beautiful fragrance that I'm very glad to have added to my collection. It's hard for me to wear anything else over this.

24 June, 2008

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Beautifully constructed, paramount sillage and longevity, amazing smell. Not much can be said of the way it smells than what has been said. And yes, it is reminiscent of Cool Water at the start. Irrelevant. Smells way better than Cool Water anyway. Not Creed's best, but it's so popular because it is so good.

24 June, 2008

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Never got much of a chance to use my sample from Mugler. Just attended a Daft Punk concert, which was basically like a big club and everyone was freakin on everyone. Normally I found A*Men overbearing. I shot a spray at my chest under my two shirts mid-concert just to see what would happen. By that time, I was covered in sweat(and not just my own ;D) and continuing to produce it. A*Men is golden for clubbing. I can't explain it any better than that. Even post-concert it smelled divine, and tamer than my previous experiences. I can't think of anything I would rather take clubbing.

31st July, 2007

212 Men by Carolina Herrera

It reminds me of Allure Sport. A very nice cologne, appreciated by everyone. Fresh when worn right, stuffy when worn wrong. I usually go with two sprays, 3 if I'm feeling daring. A little goes quite a way. Lasts great. I can still smell it on my shirt/skin from 8 hours ago, and always. Darker than your typical fresh scent. It's very unique, imo.

18 April, 2007

Sunset Heat for Men by Escada

Right off the bat I am put off because it smells like fruit punch soda. When given the chance to dry down, it smells more acceptible, but still as though all it's got to offer is fruit.

05 February, 2007

Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret

I don't really get it. At first I thought it was cool, but didn't really wear it for me as much as for the ladies. However, I find that its subtlety and undeniable sexiness is splendid. I just.. I dunno, it's a little fruity on the top, and yet pretty warm and almost musky. It's kinda weird. But the person below me is right. It's a nice and sexy comfort scent. I'm definitely glad that the cinnamon bark is in there. When I don't feel like wearing something with such extreme sillage, I go for this. I have no reason to like it for myself, but for some reason, I do. Funny thing is, my friend's girlfriend's father wears this stuff. And we're 19. Hah.

07 December, 2006

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Smells great, girls love it, TBA Pour Homme is a wonderful addition to the D&G line.

10th November, 2006

Visit by Azzaro

I started off loving it, just as teflondog and livejazz did, and now I share their sentiments. Too much nutmeg indeed. It doesn't smell like much else to me. I still like it, I don't know why, but I can't wear it anymore, which sucks because I have a 97% full 3.4oz bottle of it.

07 November, 2006

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Men and women alike really appreciate this scent. The top notes are almost pungent, but in a pretty way. It is kind of a pretty scent. Amazing in summer. AMAZING. In heat. But boring in fall. Nice in winter. That's how I experience it. Dry down is really something. Spicy fresh. Woody lemon. I really like the bottle too. Get it.

26 October, 2006 (Last Edited: 08 June, 2008)

Prada (new) by Prada

Wear this and someone will fall in love every time you walk by.

19 October, 2006

Euphoria by Calvin Klein

This is fantastic and very well named - all I did was smell it out of the bottle by chance and was instantly mesmerized in a state of euphoria, paralyzed to the spot for a few seconds before coming back to reality and thinking darn, that is amazing.

19 October, 2006

Vintage by John Varvatos

This is the only cologne I have ever got a headache from. All I did was put some on my wrist, sniff once, and then POW. Man oh man. It doesn't smell good, either. Not at all.

21st September, 2006

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

A brighter, oranger, fresher take on Allure. Works well in all seasons, best in summer by far. If you are in the market for a fragrance which every girl in the world ADORES, this is a great one. The orange aquatic opening laid over black pepper and cedar is EXTREMELY good smelling, the accord created from the top and heart is beautifully unique and one I have yet to find done the same in any other fragrance. Beautiful base too with that "orange" theme carrying all the way through. Great longevity and sillage. This is an A+ scent.

01st September, 2006 (Last Edited: 18 July, 2009)

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

Well, this is interesting. I can't STAND the top of it, far too pungent(dear gracious I pray I haven't forgotten how to spell that) for me. However, the drydown is beautiful. I'm not sure if it's the type of fragrance that women would like, though it exudes class.. is it worth it to sit through the beginning to get to the drydown?

01st September, 2006

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This one comes to life in the summer heat during the day. Works also as a nice evening fragrance in summer. Any other season and this is snoozeville. Sweet lemon mandarin opening with peppery aromatic spices underneath. I love fruit/spice fragrances. Base is very sweet woodsy tobacco. Pretty much the same thing everyone else has said. And if you are in the market for a fragrance which every girl in the world ADORES, this is a good choice. My only gripe is that I know too many people who wear it. A better alternative in every aspect is Platinum Egoiste.

01st September, 2006 (Last Edited: 18 July, 2009)

Ezra Fitch by Abercrombie & Fitch

Well, I like it, but it smells very similar to Armani Mania, and since it doesn't last very long, you're better off buying Mania. It also smells very.. "high school" to me. And I just graduated!

24 August, 2006

Jake by Hollister

A fresh scent with a woody undertone. Chicks dig it entirely. Nothing special I guess, but if you just want to make young women love you then wear it. I like it, but I like pretty much everything.

12 August, 2006

Guess Man by Guess

I've smelled pretty much everything you can find at Nordstroms and Macy's, and this is my favorite thing I've smelled next to Armani Code, though they are different fragrances. Guess Man is my signature wherever-whenever scent.. and the girls absolutely love it. I'm a man who is always very aware of his surroundings. I was walking on the sidewalk and passed around two very attractive girls. With my heightened sense of hearing, their whispers were audible.. "He smells so good.. see" and they walked behind me for a ways. I can't see anyone not liking it.

12 August, 2006