Reviews by LeMâle

LeMâle's avatar
    LeMâle

Dark Aoud by Montale

Dark Aoud is my favorite of Montale's lineup, it is brooding with masculinity, while never faltering in its sinister nature. The smell of petroleum lasts from top to bottom, and this scent begs questions from all of those around you. Nothing comes quite as close to truly describing what Freddy Kruger would smell like as Montale Dark Aoud, and for that reason alone this is something that I am pleased to have in my collection.

17th February, 2012

I Love NY for All by Bond No. 9

As hard as I tried to like this, I couldn't keep the bottle I had purchased. The best way I can think of describing it is the smell of a Starbucks Barista at the end of their shift. The smell of sour milk and coffee beans, which is definitely far from pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to wear this if it didn't remind me of my first job ever, it's quite unfortunate.

17th February, 2012

New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

This perfume is amazing! It smells almost like burnt marshmallows to me, which is pretty fantastic. A definite "to buy" for me.

24th November, 2007

Voile de Fleur by Tom Ford

I have to say, this is a much better version of what I consider a weak offering in Black Orchid. This fragrance is sweet, but not overly girly. If this was offered as an EdP I'd have a bottle already. Oh, and to me this seems like a completely different formula than Black Orchid, at least parts of it. Enough so that I like this one while I do not like Black Orchid.

10th November, 2007

Aromatic Lime by Montale

This is a very, very nice lime fragrance, one that ought to be suited very well to warm summer weather. As other people have stated, it doesn't smell too much like lime juice, it smells more of the peel than anything else. Overall, a nice light, but long lasting citrus scent. Is it worth the $175 for a 100ml bottle? Maybe not, however I certainly would buy it again.

09th November, 2007

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I hate this fragrance. It smells like some sick type of medicine. Yuck.

30th October, 2007

Versace Man by Versace

I think this has to be the best cologne I've bought recently. It starts of smelling almost like fruit loops, and as time goes by it just gets better and better. This is a light fragrance, so its lasting power isn't the best.

06th January, 2007

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This is one of those that one day I will love and then the next I'll hate. I love how this smells after a few hours, it is an amazing gourmand. I do however occasionally dislike the top notes, I find them a bit of a let down for something as great as Angel Men. The drydown however makes up for the opening, and makes this one smell incredibly delicious, I would never hesitate to wear this granted I had a few minutes to allow the opening to die down.

27th December, 2006 (Last Edited: 17th February, 2012)

L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

After previously giving this one a thumbs down, I have finally come around to appreciating the delicate scent that this is. It is yet another Jean-Claude Ellena fragrance that is somewhat muted and less in your face that I can truly appreciate for the beauty that is L'eau D'hiver.

27th December, 2006 (Last Edited: 16th February, 2012)

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I have to say this was one of the bigger let downs for me. I was expecting this to be the holy grail of scents, sadly I was mistaken. This opens up with a very strong licorice note, black licorice at that. From there it got better, though it did take two hours. I cannot imagine spending the money for this however.

27th December, 2006

Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier

Lovely fragrance, it sticks very well to my refrigerator. I think this is an amazing warm scent.

B*Men by Thierry Mugler

A good alternate to Angel Men, though I do love both. This works better as an everyday scent while Angel Men is reserved for special occasions. Lovely scent.

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

This one is difficult for me to wear. I cannot stand the top notes, it smells almost like body odor to me, but once that goes it is incredible. I absolutely love this in cooler weather, I just wish the opening wasn't so harsh.

Pi by Givenchy

I've had girls I know tell me they would love this "lick" this off. That must mean something is right about it. Lovely smell from Givenchy.

Scuderia Ferrari Black by Ferrari

I really like how this one smells, it's very different from anything else I own. I just feel it doesn't last very long nor does it project well. I would recommend this but I can't say I'm a fan of the "fresh" fragrances so I couldn't compare it to anything else.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

A very fresh fragrance, I think it will be my summer choice along side Terre d'Hermes. A very comforting smell, something that is fresh and very clean.

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

The absolute best woody fragrance there is, hands down. I love it.

06th December, 2006

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

An excellent fragrance, on of the best that I own. My only grief is that it gets old very quickly. I'm on the verge of running out and am not sure whether to buy another bottle or not.

02nd December, 2006

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Terre d'Hermès is the scent of 2006. It is a warm, welcoming scent that keeps you coming back for more!

04th August, 2006