Reviews by SpinDiva

Virgin Island Water by Creed

This is a wonderful and perhaps more youthful addition to the Creed line.

This is the scent to run for when the winter doldrums have settled in and you need a dose of spring.

Imagine lying on a resort style beach, drinking a mojito, all lathered up in the finest suntan lotion. Combine the smell of the cocktail, the warm skin, the lotion, the ocean and the sun - and there you have it! YUM!
12th March, 2007

Comme des Garçons 2 by Comme des Garçons

How much do I love this!?! Admitedly, I am a lover of the unique, of the sharper scents, of the more unisex, and I LOVE my vetiver and patchouli.

This is a hands down winner. I adore the ink note, and love the bright sharpness of the experience. The sillage is amazing, as is the lasting power.

Funny thing is - I get a strong rose note. I can't imagine what that rose note is, since it seems to have no rose!

I agree with the group. Can't imagine this one on a man...
26th October, 2006

l'eau de parfum #2 Spiritus / land by Miller et Bertaux

here are few scents that make me want to look for full bottles anymore. Usually a 5 or 10 ml dewcant will be enough to satisfy my desire to give it a try, and then I know I will be ready to move on. Spiritus / Land is an exception. I would LOVE to own a full bottle. Now I admit to being fond of more unique, off the beaten track scents, and unisex scents generally rate high with me. Spiritus is the one that in my mind, I refer to as my ginger-ale perfume. The intial blast, right into the sinusus - is in fack ginger. As the drydown occures, a greater complexity is shown.. i etect a cool iris note, a touch of pepper...and a decided soapy cleanness... another BIG plus for me. I can't speak to the lasting qualities, as I have only sampled this gem - never fully and passionatley SPRITZED.... but I will. And soon!

10th August, 2006

Violetta by Penhaligon's

Fresh? YES!, Clean?, YES!, Unisex? YES! Light and office worthy? YES! A perfect light vioet, even for those who are shy of the little purple flower? YES! Is there a but here? YES! Violet fades fast. I've been told that ones nose adjusts to the scent of violet very quickly, so I don't know if it fades, or my nose adjusts.... Either way... it turns a nice clean soapy fresh scent within an hour or two... with a nice sharp bit. Also - on a side not. The bottle is GORGEOUS!!!!

10th August, 2006