Reviews by ObsessionForMen

ObsessionForMen's avatar
    ObsessionForMen

Borsalino by Borsalino

Sweet lavender and lots of bitter herbs. A fragrance for a dapper mature Italian gentleman with a Borsalino chapeau. Definitely not a fragrance for a young guy, too old school. I like it, maybe because i'm a 50 something Franco/Italo man. Wish I could pull off the hat! I've always appreciated the quality of Borsalino fedoras and this fragrance lives up to the brand's aesthetic.

30th January, 2014

Fendi Uomo by Fendi

You are spending a year abroad in Roma, the eternal city. You have treated yourself to an expensive FENDI leather tote bag. It will become your souvenir when you return home and remind you of shopping daily at the open air markets.

Today you are shopping for ingredients for a lovely fish dinner you are preparing for a special friend you met living in your building. You head out with the FENDI tote to a favorite market near the Spanish Steps. You toss in a couple of plump lemons and a particularly fragrant bunch of marjoram. Your eye catches a lovely older woman who makes home-made lavender soaps and purchase one for a sybaritic bath later that evening before your guest arrives. Before you head home you peruse the flower section for a bouquet for the dinner table. There is a mixed arrangement that looks particularly appealing. It is comprised of white carnations, white lilies and a few sprigs of jasmine thrown in. It will be perfect in the candlelight.

You stop at a sidewalk cafe' for an expresso before returning back to your apartment. This is the hottest part of the day and your filled tote sits in the sun for a spell. The fragrant items in that tote are at their peak. When you return home you open your tote and the most wonderful aroma of herbs, flowers, soap and of course, the smell of expensive leather envelope you. You are in rapture. That is the smell of FENDI UOMO in a nutshell.

When this was launched in the 80's there was the most sexy promotional film used in department stores. It was a beautiful Roman woman searching desperately through a burning Roman temple. She finally finds what she is looking for, a classical male nude marble statue. She approaches it and gives him a kiss on the lips. Lo and behold he turns human from his solid state. She is in sheer bliss. That is the way I feel when I wear UOMO.

30th July, 2012

Number 3 / Le 3me Homme / The Third Man by Caron

I first discovered Le 3eme nearly 20 years ago on my first trip to France. I visited a perfume store and chose this among all the perfumes. I still have the beautiful original flacon, all smokey grey with the glass stopper. I wish Caron would bring back the original bottle. The current one is just so generic and ugly.

Okay, back to the fragrance. It starts out a bit powdery and aromatic. I'm not one to usually like powdery fragrances but this one seems to pull it off. Beautiful florals kick in and it all settles down with a woods, incense and a bit of smoke. The smoke accord is just so clever. Longevity and sillage are just right and the whole fragrance reeks of class.

21st December, 2009

Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein

I really LOVE this fragrance. I live in a warm climate (south Fla.) and it is a perfect year-round fragrance. Love the "wet" and woodsy notes. People really notice the scent when I wear it and compliment it. Pretty good longevity too.

29 May, 2008 (Last Edited: 16 July, 2008)

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

A hidden gem. ESCAPE never became as popular as OBSESSION or ETERNITY, but it is a great fragrance. It opens with a burst of freshness and it's drydown of sandalwood really kicks in. It's important to note that the fresh notes remain past it's drydown. I have had good longevity and sillage which is important to me. I love ETERNITY but it has no longevity on me whatsoever. What a pity. Wish they would do an "intense" or "extreme" version. I do get lots of complements when I wear ESCAPE. I have made it my signature fragrance.

19 January, 2008

Krizia Uomo by Krizia

Soooo Italian! One of my all time favs. It really smells of the Italian countryside- woods, lavender, cypress, jasmine, etc. Not for everyone but full of CLASS! They don't make them like this anymore.

30th May, 2007

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

So easy to wear. An original fougere/masculine floral like no other. Eternity is my day in/day out fragrance. It is apprpriate for all occassions. It is the fragrance that I still get complimented on the most. I've had women comment that it was their favorite fragrance and men ask me what I was wearing. I also like the body products. They are lightly scented and can be used with other fragrances as well. I use daily the deordorant, body moisturizer, shower gel and after shave balm. All that and the classic Pierre Dinard bottle looks beautiful on your bathroom counter. It fits so nicely in your hand. I really like the pour bottle and splash it generously on my torso as it is never overwhelming. A perfect "10" in my book!

16 December, 2006

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein

The ULTIMATE oriental. It doesn't get better than this.

05 September, 2006

Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein

Brilliant fragrance. Another hit by CK. Although Night bares not resemblance to the original Obsession(which is a masterpiece) I really enjoy the complex notes. Very long lasting on the skin. I find myself smelling my wrist throughout the day

23 August, 2006

Calvin by Calvin Klein

So unique, so powerful, so sexy-a true fragrance masterpiece. I only wish they would bring it back into production before I exhaust my supply that I have saved. I only use it on special occasions to make it last.

10th August, 2006