Reviews by d_silent_one

d_silent_one's avatar
    d_silent_one

Love Spell by Victoria's Secret

Simply mesmerizing, I loooove this fragrance. When I smelled it for the first time when it came out, it reminded me of candy. I know, candy is sweet, but I just couldn't get enough of it. I set out to find out what it was, because the girl that wore it at my job just wouldn't tell me. So I went everywhere until a customer had it on and I asked her. She told me it was a purple bottle of perfume from Victoria's Secret; so on my lunch break I went there and the rest is history. It is one of my favorites and I've always owned it ever since then.

26th December, 2012

Pour Une Femme by Roger & Gallet

I was just given this perfume as a gift a week ago and I have been wearing it ever since. I've been told that it is extremely scarce, I don't think it's made anymore. When I sprayed it for the first time I thought: "Oh my gosh, another gardenia perfume!" I personally detest scents that smell like gardenia and this one strongly smells like it. But yet there was something about it that kept me trying it, I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt, and by wearing it everyday I've learned to like it. I don't love it, but I do like it. The negative aspect of it is that it doesn't have any staying power, at least not on my skin. It would wear off in a couple of hours. There was one day that I sprayed it on four times, it's that bad. But other than that, if you like gardenia-smelling perfumes, then this one if a fine try.

26th December, 2012

W by Banana Republic

When I bought this I noticed something familiar about it but couldn't pinpoint what it was. I put it on today and in a snap I found out why I bought it: it smells just like Very Sexy Now by Victoria's Secret, the latest version of their Very Sexy line of perfumes.

08th August, 2006

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Wow this is a truly amazing scent. The smell translates into beautiful in my mind. It's free, playful, and even childish. I see myself running fancy free into an open field of colorful flowers and greenery in the warm sunshine. Totally beautiful.

06th August, 2006

Trésor (original) by Lancôme

I found this an intriguing perfume. I smelled it a long time ago, thought about it. Smelled it again another time, thought about it some more. At last I decided I liked it and bought it and have been complemented on it.

Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani

Very good quality perfume with the unique sophistication caracterized by all of Armani perfumes. It's got that usual woody smell, but this time around it's sweeter than its predecessor Mania. Overall, it's a sweeter version from all the Armani perfumes opening the door to Sensi which came after, and by far, the one I like the most.

Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham

Yeah it's definitely a fall/winter smell due to its warm quality. Very nice perfume. My best friend was the one who introduced it to me (actually I liked it so much on her that I had to inquire about it, and also put it on). It is creamy and rich. Very nice, feminine smell, I highly recommend it.

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

Wonderful wonderful fragrance. I love to smell this very nice, refined man's classic.

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Kouros: the scent of true man. And this is just to put it in a definition kind of way. I love this cologne on men. This is extremely sexy and it says MAN to me.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I absolutely love this cologne. I used to buy it to my ex-boyfriend all the time because I used to love it on him. Very manly.

cK one by Calvin Klein

How funny what feuermandala said. I love my gay friends and all gay people in general, but it's true, Calvin Klein with all his advertisements, that's the image that comes to mind. I personally don't like the perfume as I don't like the citrus based, cool perfumes.

Poême by Lancôme

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I really don't understand why a lot of people are saying that Poeme is very sweet when there are perfumes like Romero Britto, Escada Ibiza Hippie, Angel, Euphoria, and the likes of Burberry that are even sweeter and disgusting by far. Poeme is sweet, but not overly sweet. I can't stand perfumes that are too sweet (like the ones I mentioned) because they make me sick to my stomach, but Poeme is not the case here. This is a very good perfume that is more suitable for a mature woman who is sure about herself, it's not for teenagers. Mind you, I used to love it when I was a teenager and still I love it today, but I guess I am a strange breed. I just don't conform to the media, or the masses, I guess that makes me an individual.

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier

What a delicious smell. Warm, seductive, sensual, exotic. You can't go wrong with this scent. Wear it when you go out with your man, he'll love it. I use this when I go out to nice places, more of a night time scent. Definitely not casual. Perfect for dates.

Organza by Givenchy

A wonderfully dressed up in evening gown smell. Very delicious and definitely for the evening. It's warm, elegant, and very well made, and the bottle design clearly depicts what's inside.

Mania (original) by Giorgio Armani

I own a little bottle of this now discontinued fragrance. What attracted me the most was the fact that now it's gone and the notorious dark appearance of it. Its smell is very woodsy, typical Armani fragrance.

Dune by Christian Dior

At first I thought of this as a very sweet smell and I always hesitated to buy it. But I smelled it again after some years and decided to buy the miniature. I like it but have to use it in small amounts because of its sweetness. Overall I like it.

Weekend for Women by Burberry

Well, I guess it's unanimous that Burberry Weekend (like all the Burberry's) kind of sucks. I have a little bottle of this and I'm trying to like it (since I bought it). I have wore it twice by now, and the first time it smelled a little sweeter than the second time around. I can't figure out why. I wonder, does that have to do with mood? Or the menstrual cycle? Or what is it? One day a perfume smells one way and the next time around it smell different on you.

Initial by Boucheron

This fragrance is very soft, powdery and warm. Not strong or overpowering at all. Very comforting and lovely. I feel like a pure girl who's never been touched by a man. And the bottle is precious, it's a gigantic pearl pendant. How beautiful and creative is that?

Jaïpur Saphir by Boucheron

Another yet even better addition by Boucheron. Better than Jaipur. I love it.

Jaïpur by Boucheron

Gosh I love everything Boucheron makes. This one is better than the perfume Boucheron, and Jaipur Saphir is even better than this one.

Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum by Paloma Picasso

I used to hate this perfume with a passion when I first smelled it. A friend of my mom's used to wear it all the time and I was just wishing she would leave the house already because it was so strong and overpowering I couldn't stand it. Now I must say, it's an acqured taste. As the years have passed I have grown tolerant of it and I actually like it. Paloma Picasso is a very UNIQUE perfume. There's nothing out there that could equal it. It is a true chipre (I'm not fond of chipres as they are too dry for my liking) but I like it. I could say it's almost like a guilty pleasure. It is highly refined, unique, and expensive smelling. What comes to my mind is the image of a very refined, secure, assertive millionaire lady with very good and exclusive taste.

04th August, 2006 (Last Edited: 26th December, 2012)

Emporio Armani City Glam for Her by Giorgio Armani

Darn, I still can't explain what happened to me with this one. When the lady sprayed it I immediately LOVED it. It was an instant infatuation. I liked it so much that I bought it right then and there. Big mistake. The next day I put it on at night. I couldn't stand it. I said OK maybe I was not in the mood for it. The next day, I put it on again, and had to take it off. I have no idea why I couldn't stand it when at first spray at the store it smelled totally wonderful.

Britto Woman by Romero Britto

This perfume is one of the most revolting scents I've ever smelled. Totally yucky, sticky sweet. Disgusting. I don't recommend it as it will take over your stomach and make you want to regurgitate.

Frederick's of Hollywood by Frederick's of Hollywood

I could say this perfume is so good it is probably my second favorite. F by Frederick's of Hollywood is totally sensual and even the bottle, with the sensual shape of the curves of a woman, suggests the pheromonic power it has. Every time I wear it men ask me what I'm wearing because it turns them on. A total winner ladies, if you want to try it you're gonna have to go to one of the retail stores as it is EXCLUSIVE to Frederick's of Hollywood, you can also get it online at their website. By the way, it is an oriental smell. A+

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

There's something very peculiar about NR. I usually have a hard time liking any chipres as they are not to my liking, but this one is an exception I guess. This is a strong, heady, not for everyone perfume. Definitely for the night. I need to be all dressed up and refined to wear NR as it is what it suggests when sprayed on. I still don't know if I like it or not. I think I do though because I keep spraying the little sample I have. I still haven't decided if I should buy it though. It's very confusing. I sort of like it but still I must be cautious about it. Do you understand any of what I'm saying?

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Ahh, Opium, the queen of the orientals. It's a very sensual, enticing, enveloping, exotic, strong oriental scent. Not for the type that usually wear light oceanic, cool perfumes, as this is totally the opposite. This has class, precense, assertiveness. It is for the exotic woman who feels like the queen of the Nile when she wears it. Very me.

Angel by Thierry Mugler

Oh my gosh this perfume is so nasty. Tremendously sweet, too much. The bottle is the only thing I like.

Charlie / Charlie Blue by Revlon

Yeah, Charlie is definitely a very casual, pleasant fragrance. That was my grandma's favorite perfume and every now and then I used to spray it on me because it is nice. I would describe it as easy going and simple + it's not expensive ;)

Sensi by Giorgio Armani

I think Connoisseur's review sums it up perfectly although the other reviews are right on too. Sensi is lovely and it definitely has that musky vanillaish type of smell to it, and it's not too sweet. I fell in love with it when I smelled it on a co-worker of mine and when she told me it was something by Armani, I went all around looking for it. As a result, I got into the Armani perfumes which I had never smelled before. Armani definitely has his signature in all of his perfumes EXCEPT Sensi. He sort of veered off on this one to my most pleasure. Thanks Armani, you've done a great job with this one!

Ibiza Hippie by Escada

Dude, what a nasty perfume! This is so heavily fruity it's nasty and revolting.