Reviews by d_silent_one

Basic Instinct by Victoria's Secret

I find this perfume a faithful copy of Narciso Rodriguez only a little more on the sour side. Narciso R. has just a hint of a little sweetness which makes it superior to Basic Instict. It has great longevity and sillage. Sometimes, I couldn't tell the difference between one or the other, so I set out to spray one on one arm, and the other on the other arm, and compared. Narciso R. is more sophisticated, more complete and cohesive, thus a better choice if you want to buy one or the other. Overall, basic instinct is the cheaper way to acquire almost the same smell.

Incredible by Victoria's Secret

It's a nice simple perfume. Young and kind of sweet. Non-complicated and non-compromising. Just another typical frag. from Victoria's Secret. Sillage: so,so
staying power: not much

Scandalous by Victoria's Secret

Scandalous is a sweet scent, sometimes too sweet. I have low tolerance for scents that are too sweet, but I can handle this one. As with everything V.S., you can't go wrong with it. It has its attractiveness. It's nice. Just handle with care because it tends to be too cotton candy-ish. The bottle is absolutely beautiful.

Fearless by Victoria's Secret

What an awesome perfume! I couldn't wait to have it once it came out. Too bad it doesn't have the staying power as the other V.S. fragrances, this is the only thing I regret from it. Otherwise, it's a "beautiful" smelling perfume. I highly recommend it! It'll make you feel beautiful.

Acqua di Parma Peonia Nobile by Acqua di Parma

I'm not one to like florals, but this one surprised me once the lady at the store sprayed it on me. It made me smile. She gave me a sample and I'm using it sparingly because I'm going to run out soon. The more I try it, the more I like it. I may end up buying a bottle eventually, but it's very expensive. Talking about expensive, I would presume that being such an old house, Acqua Di Parma would have more lasting power (at least on this specific fragrance). I would think that through many years of development and innovation, they would have made this perfume last longer. This is my only complaint about it. Otherwise, this is a very pleasant perfume. I recommend it to those that like florals.

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

I absolutely love this violet perfume. It's violet but it's mature. I love it, can't get enough of it.

Daisy by Marc Jacobs

Like a girl in a white, flowy dress who prances around in a field full of white little flowers in a bright, sunny day with blue skies. This is the image that comes to my mind when I smell this fragrance on me. It's happy, carefree, fun, innocent, and sunny. The only reason I don't really care to buy it is because it is a straight-up floral (I'm more into the sophisticated misterious scents). The bottle looks exactky how it smells. I didn't find any violets in it though. Perhaps it really would have been a winner for me had I smelled some violet in it.

Stella by Stella McCartney

This is a rose perfume. Sorry, but I don't like it. The bottle is classy though.

Jimmy Choo by Jimmy Choo

Careful girls, this I sickly sweet, too much for me to handle. It passed my sweetness threshold. I can't wear it on my neck, it's just too cloying and on a weak day it may make me throw up.

Prada Candy by Prada

It's a simply sweet, candy-like scent, but it's a sweetness that makes me smile and doesn't make me throw up. I find it tolerable on the sweetness scale. Very nice.

La Vie Est Belle by Lancôme

I have got to say that this is THE STRONGEST perfume I've ever owned. I own and have owned many perfumes, but this one tops the list of the strongest. It lasts for about three days on me, yes I said 3, it has that much lasting power. Let me tell you, if you're not ready for this, then don't buy it, it can be very clingy. It's sweet. There are some days that I cannot wear it, I have to be in the mood and with a strong stomach to wear it. It can be very overwhelming, so please, only spray a little bit and on parts of the body that are away from the face, like the wrists and the backs of your knees. Not for the office. It's a night time perfume. It's nice though too strong.

Crystal Noir by Versace

Wow, I absolutetely love this fragrance! It's right up my alley. I smelled it on someone and fell in love right then and there. I had to ask her what she was wearing. She was so amazed by how much I loved it that she gifted me a bottle.
It's sexy, soft yet strong, perfect for dressing up beautiful at night while on a romantic outing. Definitely a nightime perfume. It lasts for a long time even after you shower. Great quality, great sillage. You'll get noticed and most probably-- liked.
It has a slight smell of roses, but I hate rose perfumes, so I don't want to sound like this is one of them, not at all.
It smells nothing like Versace Bright Crystal, in fact, it's the total opposite of it. It's intoxicating and inviting, you'll love it!

Love Spell by Victoria's Secret

Simply mesmerizing, I loooove this fragrance. When I smelled it for the first time when it came out, it reminded me of candy. I know, candy is sweet, but I just couldn't get enough of it. I set out to find out what it was, because the girl that wore it at my job just wouldn't tell me. So I went everywhere until a customer had it on and I asked her. She told me it was a purple bottle of perfume from Victoria's Secret; so on my lunch break I went there and the rest is history. It is one of my favorites and I've always owned it ever since then.
26th December, 2012

Pour Une Femme by Roger & Gallet

I was just given this perfume as a gift a week ago and I have been wearing it ever since. I've been told that it is extremely scarce, I don't think it's made anymore. When I sprayed it for the first time I thought: "Oh my gosh, another gardenia perfume!" I personally detest scents that smell like gardenia and this one strongly smells like it. But yet there was something about it that kept me trying it, I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt, and by wearing it everyday I've learned to like it. I don't love it, but I do like it. The negative aspect of it is that it doesn't have any staying power, at least not on my skin. It would wear off in a couple of hours. There was one day that I sprayed it on four times, it's that bad. But other than that, if you like gardenia-smelling perfumes, then this one if a fine try.
26th December, 2012

W by Banana Republic

When I bought this I noticed something familiar about it but couldn't pinpoint what it was. I put it on today and in a snap I found out why I bought it: it smells just like Very Sexy Now by Victoria's Secret, the latest version of their Very Sexy line of perfumes.
08th August, 2006

FlowerbyKenzo by Kenzo

Wow this is a truly amazing scent. The smell translates into beautiful in my mind. It's free, playful, and even childish. I see myself running fancy free into an open field of colorful flowers and greenery in the warm sunshine. Totally beautiful.
06th August, 2006

Trésor (original) by Lancôme

I found this an intriguing perfume. I smelled it a long time ago, thought about it. Smelled it again another time, thought about it some more. At last I decided I liked it and bought it and have been complemented on it.

Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani

Very good quality perfume with the unique sophistication caracterized by all of Armani perfumes. It's got that usual woody smell, but this time around it's sweeter than its predecessor Mania. Overall, it's a sweeter version from all the Armani perfumes opening the door to Sensi which came after, and by far, the one I like the most.

Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham

Yeah it's definitely a fall/winter smell due to its warm quality. Very nice perfume. My best friend was the one who introduced it to me (actually I liked it so much on her that I had to inquire about it, and also put it on). It is creamy and rich. Very nice, feminine smell, I highly recommend it.

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

Wonderful wonderful fragrance. I love to smell this very nice, refined man's classic.

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Kouros: the scent of true man. And this is just to put it in a definition kind of way. I love this cologne on men. This is extremely sexy and it says MAN to me.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I absolutely love this cologne. I used to buy it to my ex-boyfriend all the time because I used to love it on him. Very manly.

cK one by Calvin Klein

How funny what feuermandala said. I love my gay friends and all gay people in general, but it's true, Calvin Klein with all his advertisements, that's the image that comes to mind. I personally don't like the perfume as I don't like the citrus based, cool perfumes.

Poême by Lancôme

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I really don't understand why a lot of people are saying that Poeme is very sweet when there are perfumes like Romero Britto, Escada Ibiza Hippie, Angel, Euphoria, and the likes of Burberry that are even sweeter and disgusting by far. Poeme is sweet, but not overly sweet. I can't stand perfumes that are too sweet (like the ones I mentioned) because they make me sick to my stomach, but Poeme is not the case here. This is a very good perfume that is more suitable for a mature woman who is sure about herself, it's not for teenagers. Mind you, I used to love it when I was a teenager and still I love it today, but I guess I am a strange breed. I just don't conform to the media, or the masses, I guess that makes me an individual.

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier

What a delicious smell. Warm, seductive, sensual, exotic. You can't go wrong with this scent. Wear it when you go out with your man, he'll love it. I use this when I go out to nice places, more of a night time scent. Definitely not casual. Perfect for dates.

Organza by Givenchy

A wonderfully dressed up in evening gown smell. Very delicious and definitely for the evening. It's warm, elegant, and very well made, and the bottle design clearly depicts what's inside.

Mania (original) by Giorgio Armani

I own a little bottle of this now discontinued fragrance. What attracted me the most was the fact that now it's gone and the notorious dark appearance of it. Its smell is very woodsy, typical Armani fragrance.

Dune by Christian Dior

At first I thought of this as a very sweet smell and I always hesitated to buy it. But I smelled it again after some years and decided to buy the miniature. I like it but have to use it in small amounts because of its sweetness. Overall I like it.

Weekend for Women by Burberry

Well, I guess it's unanimous that Burberry Weekend (like all the Burberry's) kind of sucks. I have a little bottle of this and I'm trying to like it (since I bought it). I have wore it twice by now, and the first time it smelled a little sweeter than the second time around. I can't figure out why. I wonder, does that have to do with mood? Or the menstrual cycle? Or what is it? One day a perfume smells one way and the next time around it smell different on you.

Initial by Boucheron

This fragrance is very soft, powdery and warm. Not strong or overpowering at all. Very comforting and lovely. I feel like a pure girl who's never been touched by a man. And the bottle is precious, it's a gigantic pearl pendant. How beautiful and creative is that?