Reviews by BoomBoomBoom

Blue Jeans by Versace

Really mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it smells nice at first; quite sweet, but not offensively so, chinese notes but not too many. Yet it's not something I would personally want to wear all day; I can't put my finger on exactly why. Perhaps the sweet and Chinese notes grow cloying after a while. Maybe this is one for the younger user? Hard to judge, to be honest.
07th June, 2007

The Dreamer by Versace

Very interesting scent, which may be why I find it hard to describe here- the name is definitely appropriate. Although described as daytime usage, I'm not convinced; actually, I'm not sure what it is- certainly not office-wear. One warning; despite its initial lack of smell, Dreamer develops a lot over time. It can be seriously overpowering if you apply too much. Used carefully, "The Dreamer" will be an intriguing addition to your collection, if not one you have the opportunity to wear too often.
26th September, 2004

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

Disregard my previous "neutral" review- this is vile. I *liked* this on first sampling, but a few months later bought a full-size bottle and realised that I'd made a mistake. However, only recently did I realise how truly nasty this stuff is; the mutant offspring of a generic 1990s CK-One clone, Versace Blue Jeans' chinese notes and lemons. Lots and *lots* of lemons. It's somehow bland, dated *and* in-your-face offensive. Yes, it smells like a youth-oriented scent, but due to its cheapness and lack of sophistication or originality rather than any youthful freshness, vitality or optimism.
26th September, 2004 (last edited: 07th June, 2007)