Reviews by rvbert0

Starwalker by Montblanc

I picked up this scent really cheap at TJ Maxx, and I've really enjoyed it so far.

It smells very fresh to me, and while I haven't worn it out in public yet, it seems like it'd be a good scent to use after you've taken a shower from a hard workout, something that is refreshing, something fresh. . .

If you can pick it up cheap as I did, I'd recommend giving it a try.
18th September, 2006

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I picked up a tester of this, and thank god I did that before I purchased a bottle of M7. I guess I can't quite get around the harsh synthetic nature of the scent. To me it reminds me of one of those fragrances you get at a Car Wash when you are vacuuming out your car and have the option to spray fragrance into the carpet.

Now its not a completely bad scent, but wow, it made 2 different girls I let smell it nauseous and I actually took a shower to get the scent off me.

This is definitely a "try before you buy" fragrance, and quite frankly I don't anticipate myself ever buying this scent. I have trouble imagining women enjoy this scent as well.

Himalaya by Creed

This is a great scent, I got multiple compliments the first night I wore it. I found it unusual that the complimenters they said it was a very masculine scent, as this one is branded Unisex.

I can see the similarities b/t this and the XS, but I think I would purchase this scent over the XS, as this scent has much longer staying power compared to the XS.

I found this scent to be fairly weak in strength (maybe an older bottle) but it sure stuck for a long time.

I'd definitely pick it up again.

Acier Aluminium by Creed

Very unusual scent. I find it very hard to place what exactly is going on with this scent. I found that it has an initial somewhat sour/bitter note, which then drys into something more tolerable.

I'm not sure if this will be a scent if I purchase or not. It's unique to say the least.

Soprani Uomo by Luciano Soprani

I really like this cologne, however I find that its longevity is very brief on my skin. I find it very clean and refreshing, with a slight initial citrus note that dries down into a nice scent.

I find that I tend to wear this scent primarily during the summer months, and that I haven't had any issues with over applying it.

Overall, I find this scent uplifting, more of an early morning/afternoon summer scent that is invigorating to my senses.
29th August, 2006

No. 88 by Czech & Speake

Very Nicely made scent, but not quite my thing. I've worn this scent a few times, from a decant, and on my body it seems very floral and feminine, with a very slight musk to it. I believe this scent has a wonderful smell to it, but it makes me feel like I'm wearing feminine Men's cologne, or a masculine perfume, rather than actually wearing a Men's cologne.
29th August, 2006

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

To me this is a great scent that has outstanding longevity. I find that this scent always gets quite a bit of attention from women when I'm out and about, with quite a bit of them wanting to purchase it for their significant others.

However with that being said, this is a very strong scent initially, and I find that if I will be accepting a ride with someone for the evening, its best if I apply this fragrance about 20-30 minutes before going out, otherwise in a small confined space, it could be too much for some folks.

I've found that this scent easily lasts between 6-8 hours on my skin, and that aspect makes it very attractive to me.

I recommend it if you liked the Original Issey, but did not like how short it stayed.
27th August, 2006