Reviews by ToadKings

ToadKings's avatar
    ToadKings

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

This is a scent that I keep craving to wear. Mugler cologne is very inoffensive and is a scent you can never apply. It is soapy green citrus scent that make me feels fresh and clean. It does remind of Creed's Orginal Vetiver but this one does have a green fruity topnotes mixed with soap. It not overly masculine or overly feminine. It is a very soapy refreshing scent. It does turn "sour" sour on my skin after a couple of hours but is a woody sour and is managable. This is a perfect summer scent and has great longetivy on my skin. I have not worn it in the winter yet but I am sure it would fine there too. A great add to any collection.

24 June, 2007

M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent

One reviewer said this smells like fruit loops, and after wearing it last night thats what came into my mind when I sprayed it. The fruity top notes give off a good smell that is unique and rich. During the tops notes you still get that wonderful smell off agarwood in the background which is what makes M7. As the scent progresses, it reverts back to the orginal M7. Which is a good thing becauase it smells amazing. Overall it is a fruity yet deep cologne that I would suggest to anyone.

18 May, 2007

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

It reminds me of Uomo? Moschino mixed with Polo Black. It is a very dark scent with an ok mix of woods and fruits. The middle notes of olive flower turn me off because I just hate the way olives smells. I would have like to seen more of a dominance in the note of guiac wood and it might have been better. Overall it did not impress me and their are better frags out there.

04 November, 2006

Chrome by Azzaro

Azzaro Chrome is very similar to CK Truth to my nose. Chrome and Truth have the synthetic smell to them. One thing that Chrome does is give off a sweet foral smell that does not really strike me as interesting or smelling good. A average fragnance and would only wear in the office.

25 October, 2006

Brit for Men by Burberry

A very sophisticated and classy fragrance. Brit walks a fine line but this powdery, spicy, woody, oriental that has enough spices and woods that a man can wear it and not be ashamed. The use of ginger and orange is a great opening contrast and leaves a refined smell of spices and sweetness. The spice of the ginger and nutmeg gives Brit just enough masculinity to create a pleasant aroma. The use of roses pushes femininity in your face but is balanced wisely with cedar wood and nutmeg. The roses give off a powder smell that makes me feel refreshed and very clean. The smell of Brit is something I love and I am sure everyone around me loves too. It is the perfect balance between femininity and masculinity that creates such a unique smell. A great fall/winter scent that will always be in my wardrobe. It is very versatile and is suitable for many occasions. Whether you are taking a walk in the park with a loved one, out to dinner with your love, working hard in the office, or just lounging around the house, Brit does it all. The longevity of this scent will be present all day and the sillage is very subtle but will turn heads. Whenever I wear this, I feel like a million bucks, and I am sure you will too.

16 October, 2006

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

The perfect counterpart to Givenchy PI. While PI gives off a strong vanilla theme, A*Men gives off a strong chocolate theme which is a great contrast to Givenchy PI. In fact, I wonder if you sprayed them both on your skin how it would smell. It opens up with notes of Peppermint and Bergamot to give it a mint orange smell. With the sweet notes of chocolate in the background of the top notes, it sort of smells like a chocolate covered orange. This part of the fragrance did not really excited me and I knew what A*men is all about comes in the middle and heart notes. After about 15 minutes, the top notes disappear, and the scent becomes just chocolate. I get smells of caramel, chocolate, coffee bean, and a hint of musk. A*Men does have great longevity and sillage. I can respect A*men because of this and it unique smell but I find it hard to wear this cologne on a day to day basis. It’s only suitable on me for going to the club or nights out, which are not a lot. Other than that, I find that the smell of A*men is something I would not want people smelling on me. For a more useable chocolate scent, I would try Givenchy’s Very Irresistible. If you tend to like the smell of vanilla rather then chocolate and are looking for that smell in cologne, I suggest Givenchy’s PI. Overall, this is a very unique fragrance, but it is so unique that I am cannot wear it on a constant basis.

14 October, 2006

Live Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

Live Jazz is unique cologne. It’s best described as an icy, minty, fruity and woody scent all wrapped into one. Most say that Live Jazz is a great summer time scent, and I agree. However, I find it perfectly suitable for a cold day with ice and snow on the ground that would compliment its icy and mint notes. Upon first spray, I get a blast of cilantro, this quickly fades after about 10 seconds and the fruity notes of lemon peel and grapefruit come to the surface. The opening notes of this scent are about as fruity as it will get and progresses through a unique journey from here. With the opening notes of grapefruit and lemon peel, there is a subtle smell of iced mint which makes you feel chilly as well as clean and refreshed. These notes come together to form a pleasant smell that gives you just the right amount of sweetness and spices. Its get spicier when the note of cilantro appears, but is well balanced together with the sweet smell of rhubarb. After the icy and sweet contrast of the top and middle notes, Live Jazz takes a drastic change, but in a good way. On my skin, the base notes of Live Jazz smell very little like the first set of notes. The progression of the notes in any cologne is a good thing, and in Live Jazz it leaves an amazing smell. The cedar wood and ambergris combine to form a stunning smell. These are two of my favorite notes and when I can get the base notes to appear on my skin, I don’t want them to ever leave. Overall, I would suggest Live Jazz for anyone who is looking for something more than just a generic sweet smelling fragrance. This offers minty spicy sweetness that makes it one of a kind. This scent will literally send chills down your spine.

12 October, 2006

Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

I have developed a love-hate relationship with this smell. It has an interesting contrast between sweet and spicy that makes it pretty unique. I tend to dislike overbearing sweet frags and Uomo? Moschino is just sweet enough to fit the bill. Whenever I put on this frag I can’t help but feel like an Italian gigolo. It’s best described as an Italian man candy scent. Putting this cologne on the top notes hit me and for the first 10 minutes, a weird smell of lemon Lysol is all I can get from this cologne. This is probably due to the notes of kumquat and Coriander. This part of the cologne does not really strike me a pleasant and I am turned off by it every time I put it on. Thankfully, the middle and heart notes come in to save the day. Without them, this scent would be an average scent that brings nothing to the table. The notes of cinnamon and cyclamen give off a sweet spicy and floral smell that is pre-dominantly sweet. The note of lemon is always lurking in the background during the time the scent is on my skin. This is where the progression of the scent stops for me. It might get more spicier with a note of cedar wood but it sweetness sticks to my skin and never lets go. This is not a bad scent but it is nothing special for me either. I would suggest this cologne for someone who does like sweet smelling fragrances or scents that smell very lemony. If you like scents with more spice and woody smells, then Uomo? Moschino will not cut it.

09 October, 2006

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

What is to say that has not been said already. To me this is a very verastile fragnance. I could wear this anytime, anywhere, and in any type of weather. When I don't know what to wear for the day, I know GIT has got my back. The top notes give off a very green and earthy feeling which makes me feel clean, fresh, and one with nature. When the top notes leave I get an amazing sweet but earthy smell that takes my breath away. I would suggest Green Irish Tweed to just about anyone becuase it is so versatile. A must have in any collection.

27 September, 2006

Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein

To me this is a lighter and sweeter Azzaro's Visit. I don’t even consider a counter-part of the original Obsession. While Night and Visit, bear some common bond, Obsession Night has the smell of rich fruit but can hold it’s own on smelling dark and woody, like Azzaro's Visit. The fruit top note of pear and the spicy note cardamom give off the impression of the mysterious yet approachable and curious smell. To me, the scent is pretty much the same throughout its journey, but that is not a bad thing. I just sprayed it on and 15 minutes into it I think I get a faint smell of back suede. It last a good 4-6 hours on my skin. On the dry down it becomes seems to drop the fruits and become woodier. Overall, I think it is a dark yet soothing scent and works great in the winters but can work in the summer weather. If you like woody scents but are looking for some sweetness too, Obsession night does the tick.

18 September, 2006

Magnetism for Men by Escada

Magnetism is a scent that is not afraid to push the boundaries and see how far it can take a fruity scent. Now, I usually don't like fruit smelling colognes but the sweetness in this scent is wrapped up in a a metallic vibe that makes it very two-faced but in a good way. This is the perfect scent for a night of bar hopping and clubbing, but can be used effectively on a one on one date. The smell of this scent pulls girls into my magnetic force field and never lets them go.I really love how this colognes progresses through many stages in it's journey. It starts off smelling like sweet shiny grapes that makes a bold impact. When it moves on to the middle notes you got more a woody feeling but you can still smell those sweet shiny grapes that makes the scent what it is. The notes in this cologne contrasts each other very nicely and one is never over powering of the other. A very well made scent from start to finish that I would recommend to anyone from 18-33 that wants to make a bold statement.

08 September, 2006

Obsession for Men by Calvin Klein

This scents holds a special place in my collection. Mainly because it was formed the year I was born, 1986. I would like to consider this my signature scent, if I had one. To me, Obsession smells like sweet soap. I love the notes of amber, lavender, and nutmeg in this one. I can also smell a hint of cinnamon. The mid-notes and and base notes of this oriental are the best part. It is a very sweet yet woody smell at the same time. It has great sillage and longetivity on my skin which will make me smelling clean and good for hours. This is CK best creation and a great scent to add to any collection.

02 September, 2006

Visit by Azzaro

This is probaly the most solid cologne I own. All the notes seem to be working together and I can smell every note when this is applied to my skin. The pink pepper and nutmeg in the top notes really give off a preview of the things to come. It sort is a light verison of the middle notes. After that the blue cedar and Gaiacwood really give visit a smell of fresh cut cedar logs. The base notes brings everything together and makes this cologne fade away in a way that says "You may smell something good but you missed the best notes!". All the notes compliments each other so nicely. Other reviews says it remind them of a cedar sauna and I completely agree. After I spray this I will be minding my own business and then this scent gives me a blast of it's powerful and wonderful scent which I can't help but breathe in and say "Ahhhh". This scent last quite some time on me and progresses through all the notes perfectly. This is really a cold weather scent but I enjoy it enough to wear it anytime. This cologne will not disappoint.

23 August, 2006

Stetson Black by Stetson

This is a very one dimensional scent for me. It starts off sweet, too sweet, and then just disappears. It does not last long and just too sweet

16 August, 2006