Reviews by fraddicted

fraddicted's avatar
    fraddicted

Moustache by Rochas

Moustache = PERFECTION. Have worn this gem off and on since the '70's and I think it is superrior to many of the "classics" in its' catagory. Love the smooth transition and the aforementioned "funk" that lasts close to the skin for hours ( pretty special for a citrus based concoction!). In an earlier day this fragrance was available in edp. Can you imagine? Maybe it still is in France. Need to check as it would be very special indeed.

08th September, 2010

Ébène by Pierre Balmain

Never smelled it, but it's getting ready to be re-introduced! Let's wait and see what the results are, boys and girls!!

27th May, 2010

Vetyver / Vétiver by Givenchy

Absolutely wonderful. Have been a big fan on Guerlain's (especially original edc.) and am reminded of this one somewhat. It seems more a combination of original cologne formulation of Guerlain Vetiver and Carven's original blend of Vetiver. Woody, smokey and extremely rich. I am going to enjoy this one a lot.

26th January, 2010

Zino Davidoff by Davidoff

One of the best scents in my wardrobe! It is warm and rich without being cloying and is versatile enough to be worn year round. IMO it is perfectly blended with good longevity and sillage- a real winner.

03rd June, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th March, 2011)

Monsieur Balmain (new) by Pierre Balmain

I love this fragrance! From its' lemon drop opening to its' lemony musk drydown I think it is wonderful. Lasts well on my skin and smells wonderful on clothes worn over it. Terrific!

10th May, 2009

Bergamotto Marino by Gianfranco Ferré

Great fragrance and a wonderful alternative to the "fresh" ubiquitous scents in today's marketplace. It has a distinct eau de cologne feel but packs more of a wallup! The opening is very much in the vein of a stronger 4711 with the ambergris in the base giving the fragrance weight and good longevity. Not a sillage monster but wears close and is really perfect for the warm muggy days of late spring and summer. I really enjoy this one.

21st April, 2009 (Last Edited: 23rd May, 2009)

Blue Jeans by Versace

O.K. folks, I have never actually smelled VBJ but today at work I remarked to a co-worker that his cologne was nice and I inquired as to what he was wearing. It was VBJ. I was amazed because I really thought he would say "Givenchy Greenergy". I certainally wouldn't second guess this man, but I did say it smelled like grass (meaning green) but he seemed to know what he was talking about. So there, I thought it was Greenergy, it was VBJ....whatever! Thumbs up because I really happen to like Greenergy for what it is!

23rd March, 2009

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

This was one of the first fragrances I purchased after joining BN. It practically became my signature I enjoyed it so much. It is definitely an "acquatic" but much more interesting and aromatic than most. Love the opening freshness and the smooth transition to the smooth musky drydown. Longevity is not a problem with my skin and the humidity here in N.O. Defintiely a summer favorite.

10th March, 2009

R de Capucci by Roberto Capucci

When I first sprayed R de Capucci (I had bought blind due to the recs of BNers) I was immediately reminded of the opening blast of Monsieur de Givenchy. That is, however, where the comparison ends.* This is one of the most interesting fragrances in my wardrobe. Beautifully balanced and very long lasting. The dry down is fabulous without ever becoming cloying or "stale". Truly a "sleeper".

*shouldn't say comparison ends. As I think about it, is is very much like MdG only with more "oomph".

18th December, 2008

Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy

Distinctive and classic. Have had MdG in my wardrobe intermitantly since I was in my early 20's and still go back for a "smash" every so often! Love the way the lavender tones the citrus and, along with the oakmoss, holds the formula together in such wonderful balance. Since I don't wear it that often, I haven't developed olfactory fatigue to this marvel and it lasts quite a while on my skin. Put it on as my SOTD about 9:00 am and it is still going strong now at about 3:00pm. Really like this one!

17th December, 2008

Insensé by Givenchy

Are you out of your mind! Love this one. Bought it blind due to reviews here on BN and have not looked back. As with all my collection, I don't wear it that often so I am able to really enjoy it when worn. Love the opening blast and middle notes and find it lasts quite well for me. I usually put on fragrance before I dress and add a "touch up" if I go out for the evening and have never found Insense to be too much. It actually reminds me somewhat of the dry down on Platinum Egoiste.

17th December, 2008

Héritage by Guerlain

OK, here goes! As per usual for me, I bought this one blind based on the reviews here. Tried for the first time today. Have to admit that the initial blast was very "unusual". Actually thought I had received my first "off" bottle. Left my bathroom and went to get dressed in a quandry over what I had just experienced. Walked back by my bathroom door and smelled the most wonderful "Habit Rouge" light smell and felt I might be in for a treat after all. What a difference 1 hour made! It is perfectly lovely. Rich and mellow and definitely Guerlain. Re-read some of the reviews and noticed a couple of other BNers we somewhat perplexed by the opening but were sold on the middle and dry down. Count me among them.

Thanks to all of you BNers who give such wonderful reviews, both positive and negative. It makes the "addiction" much more tolerable when you can depend on good and informed criticism

17th November, 2007

Knize Ten by Knize

I had been wanting to add a leather fragrance to my wardrobe for some time when my physician actually "prescribed" several, Knize 10 being one of them. I purchased a 1 oz. spray "blind" and am truly pleased. It is, on me, right up there with "Mouchoir de Monsieur" and "Jicky", especially in its' drydown. Its' opening is exactly like "Tabac Blond" and I am happy to report the sillage and longevity are well above average. I applied lightly, as per a previous poster, and really enjoyed the "Knize 10" experience.

22nd October, 2006

Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Beautiful, beautiful. The only way to describe this patchouli is "rounded". Not at all harsh but extremely smooth and soft. Sillage is excellent and it lasts very well on my skin. Since I'm in New Orleans, it is too hot and humid for this fragrance now, but is perfect for cooler and drier weather.

17th August, 2006

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Think this is probably one of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever smelled right out of the bottle. Too hot and humid here in New Orleans to wear it now but will certainally be enjoying it this fall.

17th August, 2006