Reviews by continental

L by Lolita Lempicka

This scent is simply great. Brings back so many memories. When I first smelled it, I remembered a traditional Christmas cookie that my grandma used to bake. This perfume is very comforting and brings the wearer into a cosy state of mind. It smells like lemon peel, caramel and vanilla. U could just eat the person wearing it. L lasts a very long time and is destined to become a classic. The bottle is fancy too. Thumbs waaaaayyy up!!!

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

I got this one blindly based only on the reviews. It's a winner. It screams French all over. It's a very elegant scent, fruity in the beginning and then becomes earthy, like the name sugests it. Not an ordinary earth, but a mediteranean type. It's not the usual fresh smell. It's different and makes you special. When sprayed with responsibility it last decently. The bottle asks for engineer skills to open...just kidding :D. Very original indeed.

Gendarme 20 by Gendarme

Gendarme 20 is a classy smell. U can wear this when you go to play golf on a very nice and sunny summer day or for a walk in the park. It's one of the freshest scents around without that annoying green note, that most of the new fresh perfumes have. One can feel the wonderful lavender that lasts for ever. It smells just like freshly washed new white sheets. It's one immaculate smell, one of the cleanest around. And let's not forget that it is a quality eau de perfume with a concentration of 20% perfume and above all is a non-alergic scent. U can spray your neck just after shaving and it doesn't hurt at all. Exquisite!

Nemo by Cacharel

A woody oriental best used in activities related to sports. It has a very dynamic nature that invites to movement whether indoors or outdoors. This is a rather deep scent that can be easilly worn during all seasons and both day and nightime. It does have similarities with Chanel Allure Homme but it's more rugged and manly. Wonder why it was discontinued...

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

I own Jaipur Homme Eau de Parfum. I must admit that it's one of my favorite orientals. Its vanilla is one of the richest around and it does last more than 10 hours. This scent is very smooth and dresses you just like an oriental silk. This is a very chic, stylish smell that works his best in the evening. This is an oriental scent that is easier accepted by everyone. Good going, Annick Menardo!!

M7 Fresh by Yves Saint Laurent

I bought M7 Fresh on ground of the reviews from Basenotes. And I must admit it wasn't a mistake at all. It's a milder version of the original M7 with more fruit than woods. The warm season is the best time for this scent. It gives you the sensation of coolness and turns back time in favour of youth. Unfortunately, it doesn't last so much as M7 but a few sprays more won't harm no one. Everyone I know loves this scent.

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

I was very curious about Opium pour Homme when I first smelled Opium pour Femme. Both are heavy oriental scents that last a very long time after spraying. OpH is very rich and spicy. I feel the vanilla and the pepper the most. This scent is not for everyday wear. It calls for a night at the opera or at the theatre with someone u would like to spend the night with. It's very sensual and mysterious but at the same time gives the wearer respect from the others. Sophistication and warmness are at their best here.

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

At first, I totally disliked this scent. It felt so so heavy and able to strangle someone without even touching them. But I grew to like it. I studied the reactions of others to this smell. The girls like it and say it gives the man wearing it a certain distinction and character. Not everyone is capable to rise to its high level though. This smell teaches the others that he who wears it is in charge. It lasts all day long and leaves clouds of smell behind. One shouldn't exgerate with more than 2 sprays. It's a very classic smell and I think is used at its best during the cold season.

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

My first experience with Yves Saint Laurent scents was my mother's Opium, back in the 80's. I loved that magnetic smell. After the years, I bought my own Opium pour Homme, another favorite of mine and then I looked for another YSL to love. I discovered one of the hottest scents ever: B O D Y K O U R O S !!! It smells very warm and it makes you feel hot and sexy, able to make anyone want to have sex with you. Luckily for the BK users, it's not a very well known scent, it's pretty easy to stand out from the crowd wearing this dream of a smell.
13th October, 2006