Reviews by citkane33

citkane33's avatar
    citkane33
    Germany Germany

Magnetism for Men by Escada

Bought this on ebay as a blind buy, after reading the reviews on basenotes. Personally I don´t feel this scent is balanced at all, plus the top and middle notes contain something that is pretty appalling to me. Kept it on for ca. 2 hours, hoping I would come do like it, which I didn´t. Ended up giving it to a co-worker who is actually quite found of it. Although it does smell somewhat different on him, I still hate the stuff.

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

The entry is pretty much anisee and very strong for a minute or two. If anise/liorice is a huge turn-off for you, then Au Masculin is surely not your fragrance.
    Once you make it through stage 1 though, the anise settles down quite a bit and blends nicely into a wonderful fresh, yet at the same time gourmand scent.
    Very unique scent, currently my favorite tied with Rochas Man.

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Very compforting scent to wear and lasts all day. I don´t think it is too feminine for a man to wear, although on the other hand it smells fantastic on my GF as well.
    The consistancy of the notes is superb, Black smells much the same from initial drydown till the very end (many 7-8 hours). Testers are available for next to nothing on ebay right now, highly recommended!

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Very interesting fragrance and definitely wearable when used moderately. 3-4 light sprays are plenty. You don´t want to over apply A*Men, ever. I suspect that a great deal of the people who find it repulsive, simply use too much of it.

01st September, 2006