Reviews by buyers_remorse

buyers_remorse's avatar
    buyers_remorse

Zizan by Ormonde Jayne

At the price this is simply not worth it. Terribly dissapointing, opening notes of Lemon and very citirc, then oak moss and the trouble is the longevity is so long. A crap fragrance which satys forever. What could be worse. Oh the price! Thats even worse!

26 October, 2012

02 Owari by Odin New York

Absolute rubbish. Sorry absolute expensive rubbish, at that. A smell you would associate with one of hose perfumes you can get at the Pound Shop. The box and bottle is where I guess the money is spent. Certianly not on the ingrediants. I bought this on the reviews, wo is me, should be my avatar! Be guided by your nose. It is poor, and I dont get any Kapow, Bang, Slam, more like a theres a hint of fly killer spray.

04 September, 2012

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

Always reminds me of my dad. The advert was brill too bakc in the late 70s. At £2.50 for 100ml there should not even be a thumbs down option. Fresh, clean and you almost want to drink it. The bottle is time honoured and I cant understand why people beliitle this. Had this had a higher price tag, people would be raving about it. It is however become a bit TM AMen, in that it was everone had it, But than you could understand why. CHeap, and nice. Where Amen it just isnt worth the money an the numerous incanations Amen has luancehes tell you this.
    A clean ozonic scent it is an iconic fragrance. Everyboy cuts his fluff to it. Hoever the snobbery has meant when you where this people dont know what it is. It leaves you feeling, clean crisp and well groomed. Where as Amen people think another AMen wearer, has he no originality!

22 February, 2012

Oud & Bergamot Cologne by Jo Malone

For the price its ridiculous, ike all Malone scents, over priced and hyped. Everyone of her frgrances goes ranicd too quick to.

22 February, 2012

A*Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

After reading and youtubing this elusive fragrance. Rumors were abound of it imminent UK launch date around the 4th. I emailed Clarins UK (UK distributors) and Thierry Mugler customer Services. As all other requests, absolute NO customer service! I tracked it down on? eBay. At an exorbitant price! Nearly £80. I was filled with ancipation, it arrived and the words "you was dun up like a kipper" and my avatar name came to fruition. This is old wine in a new bottle. Or should I say old perfume in a new bottle. It lack the punch and total opulance of Amen. The smell in lay man's terms (I am not into drydown, sillage and gouramand.....terminology) is like you put Amen on 4hours ago, went down to the pub, its gone slighty stale and you wreake of whisky. However a good aged malt like Lagavulin. Peaty and smokey. However if you have the original Amen dont even waste your time. I think I amd going to pour myself a good malt and console myself. Doh just spent the money on the Amen pure malt. I could try drinking it!

06 September, 2010

Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Just bought this at a staggering price, shipped from France. I can say when a scent is overated you purchase it at your peril. The stoncking £100 plus for 75ml must be the waste of a day. Think of an old woman, powdery, thats how it turns out. It sarts of like Creeds E.L with a sweet scent. A hint of cumin. This turns into the old woman who turns up to your house and smells of powder! Not impressed.

01st September, 2010

Red for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Ahh all about decadance. This fragrance is poerful, like a Lamborghini, hits you and knocks you for six. Umptious and the women just loved it. A tad leathery with sweet overtones.

15 July, 2010

Porsche Design Essence by Porsche

This should be called Ford Essenence, its absolutley abismal and total let down

09 December, 2008

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Total Rubbish, and thats all I have to say about this

13 September, 2008

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules

The molecule and Escentirc just small like Indian josh sticks. If the smell is based on a certain molecule than that molecule exists in all 4 launches. To be honest I havent noted any effect and just smells like I have gone to some Indian temple. Utter rip-off and hype. This has to be one of the worst purchases of my life and a conspiracy theory in the making! Putting on ebay with no reserve staring at 1p after paying £70 for it. Sums it up

09 July, 2008

A*Men Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler

This is basically Amen, if you want a better coffee fragrance buy New Harlem by Bond No.9, Then you can layer Amen original with New Harlem, then you will have 3 fragrangces at least. PC can smell vile, AMen if not used within the shelf life is rancid a bit like Creed fragrance. But basically save your dosh. It potent on first application and then Amen! Name says it all!

09 July, 2008

Virgin Island Water by Creed

smells like Malibu and sutan lotion with a hint of an Indian corner shop

07 December, 2007

Himalaya by Creed

I have to say this is one of the best from Creed. I own so many fragrances, too many! But this one is the one I reach for if I want to impress! Never fails to either. Lovely clean and sweet undertones, typical of Creed. Costs a fortune here in England

07 December, 2007

Versace Man Eau Fraîche by Versace

Smells like Raid Fly Killer!

28 January, 2007

Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

This fragrance is one that is at its crescendo about an hour after application. Masculine and robust but I dont think the price really justifies this scent.

19 January, 2007

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This is by far the best fragrance I have bought! A classic superb smell, dark, luxurios and unique, but at a cost!

19 January, 2007

Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior

This smells so similar to Bond No.9's New Harlem. Chocolate, coffee and slightly green cedar. Its potent tho! wow you can smell it everywhere. However its not one of those fragrances liked by everyone. Its not my cup of Tea. YUK!

14 January, 2007

Orris Noir by Ormonde Jayne

This s power and the Arabian culture in a bottle. I just fell in love with it. I would say its more geared to a woman than a man, but hey this is the 2000's and if women can wear mans clothes than i dont see why we cant wear something gravitating to them. Again price is a killer!

Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne

apparently Wallpapers, best scent of 2006. Not as good as her signature fragrance in MHO but still very nice. Price of these fragrances is steep tho!

Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne

I was just smitten when I smelt this, dark, robust and the staying power is incredible. Reminds you of Arabian nights, powerful and earthy. A calssic fragrance, beauty is not ever Kevin, Dave or Gavin is wearing it! Its like fab coloured suit, not suitable for those that cant carry it off! Wow factor is a 10/10!

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

an absolute fantastic fragrance. I purchased it and put it on. I had so many peple ask what i was wearing. To the point that some of tham went out and purchased it. In the words of Victor Kiame, I like it so much I bought the company. I didnt but you get the drift! Beautiful, full of Eatern mystic, a headiness that invokes a liason in the night in Zanzibar. Class. This has a wow factor of 10/10

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

After reading about this new wave fragrance, and grave reviews I went out and purchased this. Do yourself a favour cut out the middleman get your £60 and throw it doen the gutter. Cant smell it, no one elses can and the bottle doesnt even come with a cap. RIP OFF!

01st January, 2007

Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules

01st January, 2007

Chopard pour Homme by Chopard

This is the new age of how all perfumes are smelling, Like Prada men, and Euphoria, slightly sweet, oriental and earthy. It is like a refelection of Western Countries an infusion and takeover of Asian influences. Where are all the cowboys gone?

09 December, 2006

Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart

When I first smelt this, I though wow, its unusual. You pay top dollar for any perfumery in England and you actually want to know that there exists an apprecible aura of unmistakability of clean, fresh and someone who has gone out to anoint and indulge in a good grooming! To that end it is is all things to all men! A piano concerto of indulgence and smell. Highly intoxicating to the olfactory senses! A wow with women! Certain to get noticed and not smelling like the rest of the pack!

07 November, 2006

Parfum Bespoke by Ozwald Boateng

A strange sickly sweet smell, for a guy who designs exclusively for men, its weird he produces a womens scent! I quried this and the response was well when a man comes into buy a suit we got to have something for the Sheilas'. I think that just about says it all!

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

I have smelt some fine fragrances. But this isnt one of them! The only kind thing I can say is nice atomiser. Utter tosh! Shame on you Prada!

YSL pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Woody aromatic, soapy, smell the vetiver in this. Very green. Nice fesh smell. One of the first fragrance I ever had. Goes off very quick so use it or buy smaller bottles. WOW factor 4

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

A beautiful scent. Simple clean lines and great longevity, its a real wow esp with the opposite sex! Wow factor 9

Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Alas hard to get hold of. A Minotaur clone but superb in its execution. Lovely fruity number. It smells clean and fresh with a touch of the exotic. Thats a hard act to achieve. Wow factor 9