Reviews by fredricktoo

Salvador by Salvador Dali

the bottle is truly a masterpiece, large pebbled glass with a very deep indent of the bottle to come. Frostings and raised signatures. The juice? Totally inoffensive and forgettable. Almost zero sillage and longevity that you can time on your second hand of your watch. I'm glad I have it. It satisfies my collectors urge.

02nd June, 2008

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

smooth and silky in the Tom Ford style this is a luxury fragrance that says close to the skin forever. Traces left at 24 hours. A beautiful blend of rich tobacco and highest quality vanilla compete on an equal basis. I like a fragrance that projects more to satisfy myself but if I came into intimate contact with this fragrance on another I would be joyous.
17th January, 2008

Vetiver Ambrato by Bois 1920

Vetiver and Ameber. That's it. Who'd a thunk?

Like some cop in NYC said to me nothing to see, hear, smell, taste or touch here, move along. Hey Buddy I said Move Along!
08th August, 2007

Sushi Imperiale by Bois 1920

there are no scents of raw fish in this

it smells like a terrific salad dressing though
08th August, 2007

New Haarlem by Bond No. 9

Haarlem is this how the Dutch spell it?
I just noticed the New York Times is printing color. In it daily editions. The "magazine" was printed by magazine printers Where? There's a lotta coffee in this sample and this reminds me of coffee on rooftops at sunrise or sunset. I fin d the scenct is livible. Not a bottle with my name on it. Well the NYT color on it's daily pages is such thin gruel. Honey the scent called New Haarlem is of such simmrins.
11th July, 2007

Monk by Michael Storer

o brother this is good
this is a male incense scent that should not be missed.
I'm getting really big waves of sillage and I feel like kneeling a bit.
Still sold at cologne prices when I wrote this but this is a really big Incense scent. This puts niche incense scents to shame.
10th June, 2007

Tea/Rose by CB I Hate Perfume

Christopher Brosius is God
would certainly be grafittied all over Brooklyn if he played Guitar as well as he crafts fragrnces. This is absolutely a tea rose outdoors.
I have no idea how he does this
09th June, 2007

UDV for Men (new) by Ulric de Varens

I also got a sample of this with an order. It's not bad Some decent sillage, I don't get the Cool Water association but it smells like something quite familiar. My first thought was a GIT rip off.
21st March, 2007

Fleur d'Oranger by L'Artisan Parfumeur

big whiff of Bergamot at the top of this wouldn't let me get any closer. there may be loads of Orange flowers but if you're not a fan of Bergamot this is not for you
18th February, 2007

Sa Majesté la Rose by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Its Majesty the Rose
Sa Majesté la Rose by Serge Lutens
the only way to appreciate this scent for me would be on a womans neck.
this is an exquisite creation.
product of a genius
19th January, 2007

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

if Luca Turin says that Dzing! smell like cardboard, I'd love to meet the maker of his cardboard and tour the plant.

I can only imagine what the other paper products will smell like if the cardboard smells this good.
12th December, 2006

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

my wife loves this. on herself or me. I have never seen her react to a fragrace like that.

I personaly have come to the conclusion that this stuff smells like roofing tar.
13th November, 2006