Reviews by vdxxl

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

Too leathery-powdery for me. It should have had a hint of smoothness in it. I know it's good, its original- if you like Iris blossom and leather.
30th March, 2009

Higher by Christian Dior

Nice for a fresh cologne. It smells refined, it really suits urban fashion. Great for a night in town. Great for students. It is fresh, but not generic, it is natural smelling, which you cannot find in fresh fragrances( Ozone Mist, Sea Scents- all of these are synthetic). Go ahead if you hate aquatics, but love fresh-chypre cologne.
30th March, 2009

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

This is a crap cheapie. I perceive it as a dilluted Very Irresistible Fresh Attitude, plus tons of alcohol added. Bad, disasterous...like most of the Armani scents. I don't get cocoa beans at all in this, just cheap alcohol.

Boss Pure by Hugo Boss

Cheap water at a very high price. You could do it much better buy buying an Avon Blue Rush, which is much cheaper and longer lasting. Aren't you all sick of sporty-smelling cologne that promises shower freshness, water scent, ozone? Come on, you wear fragrance to smell like something much better than just clean. This fragrance is very retarded.

Pi Neo by Givenchy

A nice hi-tech fragrance. It really smells like "technology", it is very modern, it is apparently generic, but if you smell it with more attention you will really perceive it as being very reffined. For example, I hate patchouli which is overdosed in many men fragrances( like patchouli and bergamot are everywhere), but in this one you only get a hint. Givenchy does not disappoint me. But still, by far, my favourite line is Very Irresistible.

Midnight for Men by Avon

Too smooky, yet it has some character. It should be longer lasting though. It is similar to Kenzo Jungle, just that Jungle is louder and more intense.

Black Suede Touch by Avon

It is a bargain. Cheap, but expensive-smelling, spicy-oriental, yet airy, no foody notes, a little patchouli( thank god it is not much ) , natural ginger, vanilla. It smells like a freshly ironed shirt. I love it. It is very chic.

Hugo XY by Hugo Boss

Yet another patchouli spray. Nothing interesting, very cheap smelling and even expensive. For its name I expected a lot more. I think this smells even cheaper than Axe.

Boss in Motion Edition Green by Hugo Boss

I don't get all the notes in this, but to me it smells like green notes and jasmine, which is yet very sensual for men. Especially in the spring.

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Wow! A stunning scent that evokes color "blue". It is not the typical sportspray, ozone mist or generic aquatic. It is a nice wet woody, aromatic scent with a lot of depth. It is very good for a calm person and it is also great for a summer date.

Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss

A nice scent for the sporty ones that it can also be worn in a suit. It is a little too citrussy for me, but I still consider it good. Long lasting, sensual, just that I prefer other sprays. But still I must mention I appreciate this one. The green version is even better.

Touch for Men by Burberry

Very chic, sensual and sweet without smelling like candy or cookies. It is very comforting, full of natural sexiness, it can also be worn in the summer: if you like sweet, fresh-oriental scents even in the summer, this is great. You may forget about your odd, overdone and synthetic aquatics.

Emporio Armani White He by Giorgio Armani

The only Armani I like. It is a very nice and simple fragrance. Similar to Acqua di Gio, but spicier and more reffined. It is long-lasting, natural lemon smelling and also not very common. Perhaps one of the few citrus fragrances I like.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

For a clean scent, I would say this is good. At first it does not smell that good, but in time it is very natural without being watery or calone-like. It is naturally fresh, naturally green. Still, a more intense version of this one would be great for the summer.

Burberry for Men by Burberry

An easy-to-wear fresh formal scent. It is not for me, but still I can appreciate its quality. It suits mature men also. But anyway, I feel like I've smelled this scent before in other products.

He Wood by Dsquared2

Wow! This has been a very nice discovery for me last summer. It is a nice woody scent, which is not smoky or too earthy. It has some fresh notes, which are at the same time sweet, but you still cannot decide what they are. This fragrance has a " je ne sais quoi" I like very much. It is calming, a great alternative for fizzy drink-like summer fragrances or overdone aquatics. It is great also because it is not very popular.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

A very cheap hesperide. Synthetic, harsh citrus notes, some ideas of woods and tons of water. Something overdone, common, even worse than Axe/Lynx body sprays. Definitely, this is nothing but waste of money.

CerrutiSí by Cerruti

Great fresh-oriental fragrance. It smells like spring or summer sun. It begins with natural lemony notes, to develop into rich balsamic woody and just a little vanilla. Really good, not foody at all, but still delicious. Lasting power it is ok. One thing though: if you wear this, please stop smoking. It will fade or it won't smell that good. Indulge in this balsamic fragrance that lasts and it is really enjoyable.

Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne

Well, I don't see any link of this crap to the beautiful island of Bora Bora. Not at all. It really smells worse than your generic str8/mustang cologne. The bottle is really nice, but the juice screams loud : "CHEAP! VERY CHEAP! GENERIC! OLD MAN AFTER-SHAVE!". Not exotic at all. If you're looking for something exotic, try Escada, they're great: Sentiment( great smell, but not very lasting), Sunset Heat, Moon Sparkle.

Visit by Azzaro

Great fragrance and I finally "understand" it. Woody, a little fresh, a little sweet, some smoky notes( but just a little ). It is sensual, really masculine, very modern and natural. You get the notes mentioned in the list. It is affordable. The bottle is stunning. You can wear this fragrance if you are in your twenties or older. Forget the aquatics and stick to natural woody or woody spicy fragrances. Don't smell like a linen cleaner.

Pleasures for Men by Estée Lauder

Smells like cheap detergent or like an old man's very cheap body spray. Synthetic smelling, dated, a true waste of money: you could do far better with your money if you threw them in the ocean. I really avoid this putrid scent. If I can call it a scent. It should be called " Disgust", "Groce" or "Vomit".

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

This fragrance is great, sexy, I love it on girls: oriental without being to candied or fruity. A true masterpiece. There should be a male counterpart to this.

Happy for Men by Clinique

A special citrus scent. Not too pungent- like most of citrus scents, but with a warm twist, sweet- but not too sweet. It is really a mood changer. Here in Romania it is rarely used, but I love it, and even if most of you find it unusual, I can wear it only in autumn and winter, because in the summer it smells very strange on my skin: like a self-tanning lotion. You should also know that I usually prefer oriental colognes: Very Irresistible, Magnetism,Gucci Envy, but this one is one of the best fresh fragrances. It is really sexy also. My gilfriend loves this on me.
09th December, 2007

Vanderbilt for Men by Gloria Vanderbilt

Very nice, ultra long lasting: sweet, sensual and also energising. It is a truly good touch of class.It may also be the fragrance that lets you dream and make you fulfill your dreams.

Nemo by Cacharel

Cacharel, bring this back please. As it is similar to Allure, I really love it. It is so sexy, full of mistery,and offers you an allure of an intelectual man that is powerful, respected, and also very sexy!

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

It is a very sweet and nice fragrance, but it should be used very very discreet. In the summer it is very unappropriate and it may let u smell like perspiration. BUt for an evening out in the town, it is THE RIGHT ONE. Take it

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

Too generic, too simple and so, too expensive for its qualities. It is very fresh and then converts into something between basil and metal.
26th January, 2007

Glow by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

Very nice and subtle. It really represents J.Lo. I love this one on women. My girlfriend feels very good while wearing it and makes me smell her all day. Though the name is Glow, it is sheer and subtle, meaning that the girl that wears it can feel like a movie star anytime anywhere( like my girlfriend).
24th January, 2007

Blu Notte pour Homme by Bulgari

A better version of Blu, Fresh ginger with dark chocolate that symbolises man's strength, sexuality. It is very good for guys with a lot of muscles. Not for those blonde men with blue eyes and very light skin, as they need more delicate scents.
20th January, 2007

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Not my type, but I must recognize that for an aquatic this is more than excellent. Anyway even if this is aquatic, it works only for elegant,elegant to casual, or high fashion sportswear, as it is very reffined.
20th January, 2007