Reviews

Reviews by Buffalo_Gals

Dark Rose by Czech & Speake

If you love Oud scents & love rose fragrances, Czech & Speake's Dark Rose is for you. Think Montale Aoud Roses Petals but a tad lighter & softer with a berry accord added ~ sort of a jammy note blended so beautifully with the soft oud & rose. This is a nice alternative to the montales if you find them too heavy & thick. Dark Rose stays a bit closer to the skin & is less oily than the Montales. I love both C&S dark Rose & the montale rose ouds. I find ouds to be an acquired taste. I hated Black Rose the first time i tried it, but then again I hated good red wine when I was younger too......but ouds have won a permanent place in my heart & now dark rose has a comfy corner as well.
I will never be without ouds in my wardrobe especially the rose oud blends.
5 stars in my book!!!
08th December, 2006

Frankincense & Myrrh by Czech & Speake

Frankincense? Myrrhe? Where??? This is a lavender fragrance with a tiny hint of frankincense. Maybe if it was called Lavender Incense or something to that effect I wouldn't have panned this...but I was expecting a good strong incense fragrance with two heavy resinous hitters like Frankincense & Myrrhe. If you like Lavender then give this one a try....or at least expect a lavender fragrance.
05th December, 2004

Bois et Fruits by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Of all the Bois scents in the non-export Serge line, this one comes closest to its Mother ~ feminite du Bois. Tons of Cedar with a fruity accord.

Fleurs de Citronnier by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I am usually not a floral gal but this one just sent me reeling. It is so feminine but not in a innocent way and not in a cloyingly sweet or chokingly strong white floral way. I can't believe I finally found a floral I like. I find the honeyed scents from Serge Lutens work best on my skin and this scent has honey in it.

Daim Blond by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I am in love....but I am partial to leather scents and Suede is the proper word....soft smooth...almost velvet like in texture....supple, sensual as only good suede can be. I love the tinge of apricot and the iris si so soft....a perfect mixture on my skin. My favorite of the export range!

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Another one of my fave Serge Lutens. I love the play between the smokey aspect and honey notes with the rose just peeking through. Drydown is superb. I find this scent elegant & refined and is reminiscent of Carons as it has a sultry dark accord.

Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

It was Chergui that made me a Serge Lutens fan.
It was and still is my holy grail of fragrances. I am transported on this fragrance and strated me off loving honey based fragrances. To me this scent exudes exoticism.....the most glorious mixture EVER!!!

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

You know how you've had a boyfriend (or girlfriend) who's sweat smells really bad.....acrid & harsh....they come back from working out or playing ball & you can't rush them into the shower fast enough......AND On the other side of the coin a significant others sweat that has that warm sweet
quality and smells soooo good that you don't want them to shower when they're sweating EVER because you just want to bottle that scent and take it with you whenever you're apart ~ WELL MKK reminds me of the men who have the good sweaty smell......The kind of scent on a man where you just want to bury your head in his armpit and breathe him in.
I don't ever want to be without this scent!!!!
25th November, 2004 (last edited: 23rd August, 2006)

Douce Amère by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Beautiful Anise based fragrance with a smattering of spices and a touch of vanilla. Absolutely Unisex!! A favorite on both myself and my hubby!

Arabie by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I adore this fantastic concoction that smells like a holiday fruitcake....only the tiniest bit need be applied.....strong stuff but invariably delicious, warm & soothing. Probably my favorite oriental fragrance ever!