Reviews by Equus

Equus's avatar
    Equus

Corduroy by Zirh

Actually the notes of this scent open quite nicely. Very similar to Chanel Allure which is currently my favorite. Problem is the drydown of Corduroy turns to chewing tobacco. Oh well.....

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Right now one of my top five. As with Chanel Allure, it gives a great mix and balance of citrus and wood notes. Transition from opening citrus to wood/tonka Drydown works. Hard to be disappointed with this one. Simplicity of note structure works great. Very likeable, especially if you prefer oriental spice scents.

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

Actually this is a really good scent with a really nice balance and mix of notes. Problem is the scent runs away from my skin faster than the roadrunner dodges falling rocks.

FCUK Him by French Connection

I like the name, but I tried the fragrance and in my opinion it SCUKs

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

This has to be one of the strangest scents I own. It opens way too strong with the aformentioned Robitussin medicine scent, but transitions to a quite pleasant wood notes scent. What the heck? To me, this scent is more of a side show attraction than a cologne--i.e., its really weird at first, but as time goes on you start to get used to it, and may even like it. It is certainly deserving of a spot in my weird Christmas coffee mug collection. Maybe I will give my M7 to a relative for the holidays, but nah.... its too unusual to give away.

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Opinions of course are relative, but I just don't get it when it comes to the popularity of this scent. The opening reminds me of a doused campfire that has been burning pine tree braches for the past six hours. Drydown is the same. It certainly does have longevity, I give it that. Maybe someday I will like it more. Maybe I have just spent too much time camping.

Envy for Men by Gucci

Envy is soooo disappointing. Not because the notes and scent are bad-- but because they are so incredibly good. I like this scent much more than the Gucci Pour Homme campfire scent. But as stated in other reviews, this particular scent stays so close to the skin that you might as well spray it up your nostrils to achieve noticable effect (at least for me). What's the deal????? Gucci, please get with the molecular program and revamp this EDT. I want babes to pick up on the scent and notice me, not notice me and then pick up on the scent. Well, technically the later works ok, but kinda defeats the purpose of a good EDT.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Slightly too complicated in its note composition, D&G delivers none the less.
    A strong intricate citrus opening gradually transitions to a great wood drydown. A likely prefered scent for those who like Orientals. I disliked it at first, now its one of my top 5. Its longevity on my skin is impressive. As previously mentioned, good sillage.

Allure Homme by Chanel

Allure Homme creates a most impressive balance between Citrus and Wood notes, one that really works. Then, the Jamaican Pepper adds a nice subtle bite. Great opening, nice drydown, one of my top 5 favorites. Works well with my skin. This one is a winner. Bravo Chanel!!

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Thin and watery. A scent I could envision the cartoon character Aquaman wearing (while under water). Actually, its really not that bad of a scent. Its just incredibly boring.