Reviews by h_len

h_len's avatar
    h_len
    Israel Israel

Odalisque by Nicolaï

I was sure it's catalogued as a leather perfume. It's all leather on me.

18 April, 2013

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

bbBD wrote here: "do the SAs hide it to avoid such embarrassment?"

Funny thing is yes, they do! Yesterday i had a hard time to find the tester among other boxes and testers of Etat in GUM, Moscow. I found it eventually in the third row behind other testers turned with it's side to shoppers!
    And i don't have anything new to say about it, everything has been said already. Yeah, it's a horrible scent, almost made me gag. I suppose, this was an idea behind it's creation. If so, it well deserves 5 stars.

06 May, 2009

Ines de la Fressange by Ines de la Fressange

Animalic and very sexy. Upon application it's almost unpleasant, but after several minutes becomes soooo sexy! I haven't detected any Mandarin or Blackcurrant notes. Thumbs way up!

11th June, 2008

Joop! Homme Summer Temptation by Joop!

Tried this one today, and I think it's a very interesting fragrance. Very unisex , too. In the beginning it's screams "fruits!", then smells a little banal for several minutes (like all the contemporary men scents), but after that comes it's best stage. I think it has rose in it, cause it smells very similar to... Lipstick Rose! only spicier and more tempered. The spices it got from the original Joop! for man, I think. Initially I didn't like Lipstick Rose, but I changed my mind, and Summer Temptation is as cheerful as Lipstick Rose. So, if you like original Joop! for man (i do) and Lipstick Rose (but would like it to be a little more "calmer" sometimes ), you will like this one.

09 June, 2008

Pure Poison by Christian Dior

I tried it today for the second time (the first time was smth like two years ago), and I still don't like it. The word that comes to mind when I smell it is "tired". It also resembles the smell of dirty clothes folded and stored in a closet for some time, - maybe, due to musk, I don't know. For me Hypnotic Poison and this one are very similar, and I don't like both of them. I do like all the other Poisons, although I wouldn't use any of them myself. The last one, Midnight Poison, is very interesting and well done, I think.

05 June, 2008

L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Extremely synthetic smelling. The top notes smell exactly like my new summer flip-flops - rubbery- plastic-y. Then it warms up and sweetens a bit. The middle notes rather pleasant, less synthetic, and the dry down is green, to my nose. It's interesting frag, but does me nothing emotionally, not "moving". I won't be able to wear not this one nor Lipstick Rose - another very synthetically smelling perfume of Malle. I'd say they are both for mannequins - why not? Plastic smell for plastic girl. I prefer something more naturally smelling.

Lipstick Rose by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Lipstick Rose smells exactly like Lancome lipstick I ones had. I liked the top note because of mere nostalgia, but hoped there was something more to it. But there was no development at all, it just remained Lancome lipstick till drydown. Ok, I appreciate humor, so I'll give it a neutral.

Fleur D'Interdit by Givenchy

Resembles L’Eau D’Issey or one of it's editions. This one is more flowery and less musky. I usually don't use very flowery frags, I like more extreme things, but Fleur D'Interdit *sounds* very wearable and pleasant to me. I'll probably find me a bottle :)

Givenchy III by Givenchy

I was sure I'd like this one a lot more just because of the fact it's a chypre, but I'm disappointed. My vintage mini smells rather thin. It's nice, but not complex enough. I prefer Chanel 19 and Nicki de Saint Phalle, they are actually among my favorite perfumes. Givenchy III is too "official", a little boring scent. I'll give it a neutral.

Bellodgia by Caron

Bellodgia EDT smells a lot like Après L'Ondée to me, but just a little sweeter and brighter. It's not strong, but has a good staying power, not like so many others that "disappear" on me, and I like its richness and warmth. It's new to me, so I'll say it has a good *potential* to be an everyday frag to me. Love it!

19 May, 2008

No. 19 by Chanel

One of the greatest frags of all times. Period.

12 April, 2008

Infusion d'Iris by Prada

To me it smells exactly like Dior Homme minus first "masculine" notes, that I like very much. So, to my opinion, Dior Homme is more interesting. I choose Dior.

02 April, 2008

Eau Ressourçante / Eau Tranquility by Clarins

Just tried this one, and I'd give it two thumbs up. It reminded me of Dior's Eau Svelte - great fresh scent, that's now unavailable here, in Israel.

11th June, 2007

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

it's the signature scent of my boyfriend. i didn't liked it from the first sniff, i felt something rather harsh in it, but now i like it for its uniqueness.
    i also recently discovered that anise scent soothes my stomach pain, making this fragrance very useful sometimes ;)

21st May, 2007

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain

Great unisex scent. I'm a woman, and this frag is exactly what I want from everyday scent: complex, warm, sweet but not "womanly" sweet, dark and even a little "dangerous", not common smell. I tried an Extreme version, and going to buy me a bottle. Viva Guerlain!

18 February, 2007

Hugo Pure Purple by Hugo Boss

the top note was very unusual and interesting, but lasted on me for only about a minute, and then it became one more sweet and boring modern fragrance...

08 January, 2007

DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan

it smells and looks like cranberry juice. what can be better than cranberry juice, sometimes? :)

29 December, 2006

cK one "Graffiti" by Calvin Klein

great bottles! but i'd like to get some new interesting scent inside...
    worthless...

14 December, 2006

L'Antimatière by LesNez

this one is just boring. the smell of nothing.

12 December, 2006

The Unicorn Spell by LesNez

I've got them today, all three samples, and I absolutely LOVE The Unicorn Spell. It's a very unusial scent, warm and cozy; I think the word "universal" suits it much better then "unisex". If somebody asked me for another suitable name for it, I'd call it "Mother Nature" or something...
    It doesn't smell like perfume at all, and it's quite a big compliment I can give a perfume. It's has something very sweet in it's heart, but so deep inside that you can hardly feel it.
    It also remindes me of Green Flannel that I like very much. :)

11th December, 2006

Mandarina Duck Man by Mandarina Duck

the bittersweet top notes are very beautiful and original, the base is horrible, really cheap-smelling... what a pity..

04 November, 2006

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I tried this today without knowing it's aimed at men, and I thought it was for women. "Ultra masculine" (as the others said)? IMO, it suits very confident "bossy" woman. (On the other hand, I generally think that all the "feminine - masculine" thing is artificial)...

26 October, 2006

Nina (new) by Nina Ricci

i tried Nina only once and gave it very little time, but it immediately reminded me of Poison... i like Poison very much (on others), but why try to copy it?

Essence Pure pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

i love Essence Pure pour Homme! i think it's truly unisex fragrance, and as such it's a lot more interesting then, say, CK1 or CK B. the scent is light and a little sweet, and i think it's very suitable for women who don't like heavy sweet scents.

Realities (original) by Liz Claiborne

i bought Realities cause it's warm, sweet, casual, calm - all the things i wanted for my everyday perfume. actually, i was preoccupied for a long time with finding my "perfect" scent, and when i found this one it served me longest. i don't wear it anymore, cause now i know: there isn't perfect fragrance for me (or there are a lot of them ;) ), but i sniff it from time to time, it's just "doing me good".. who knows, may be i'll give it another chance one day... btw, Versace's Metal Jeans scent is very similar and the two has almost the same ingredients, but M.J. less harmonic, it's like Realities is "rounded" and Metal J. has one or two "edges" (if i could draw them :))...

Boss Woman by Hugo Boss

one of rare sweets that are not smell boring to me. really unique: you won't find anything similar.

17 September, 2006

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

smells great on me (i'm a woman). just love it.

16 September, 2006