Reviews by vampixi

vampixi's avatar
    vampixi

Lola by Marc Jacobs

I thought I would hate this as I only bought it for the bottle- stunning as it is, much more impressive than the daisy one I think! It starts off quite synthetic bright fruity floral but that goes away within 45 mins maximum, happily for me as i loathe pink peppercorn. The drydown is long lasting and soft, subtle. You can definitely smell the rose geranium along with the basenotes which is nice, kind of like a turkish delight sort of smell. The creamy musk note is extremely redeeming and saves it from being a barbie scent.

17th August, 2009

Very Valentino by Valentino

erm, I cant smell it! For the 1st hour maybe you can get sharp white flowers,and some strange grass like smell- sheer woods, perhaps? Forget all the base notes; amber, sandalwood, vanilla, that make it sound like a real scent, they aren't there! Subtle in the extreme.

09th August, 2007

Rock 'n Rose by Valentino

Really young and fresh, almost like a diluted version of V absolu with a somewhat lilac-y feel to it. Doesn't last as well as his other scents but very pretty, not sweet and cloying but does have a harsher synthetic note in there.The rose and blackcurrant hit you straight away

09th July, 2007

V Absolu by Valentino

so sweet and powdery, smells absolutely delicious! the most prominent notes for me were the rose, amber and vanilla. Lasts ages and just gets stronger for the first few hours, dries down to more woody but still sweet rose notes

09th July, 2007

Glamourous by Ralph Lauren

no wonder its been discontinued it does very much smell of hairspray/ nail polish remover. After about 4 hours it warms up a bit and starts to smell of white flowers, musk and amber (very faintly) You can hardly tell its there really. Horrible? no, Glamorous? not really, Boring! yes.

28th June, 2007

Glow after Dark by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

It does come across synthetic, i agree. However i found it has a creaminess to it and can smell a bit like creme brulee! Very sweet and I did actually like it, definitely preferable to the other glow sequels. More spicy and interesting, although i did get asked if i was wearing paris hilton, which was very unsettling....!

14th February, 2007

Anglomania by Vivienne Westwood

I bought this last week after finding it on an online discount store, its not very easy to get it in the UK at all. To start with it seemed a bit citrus-y almost, reminded me of when I had a sample vial of moschino when I was 12 and crushed it onto the carpet, making the upstairs reek of dry scent for weeks. HOwever, it settles quickly into a powdery, rose- similar to narcisse, it thik.Strong notes of sandalwood start to come through before Finally dries down to that smoky, leathery concoction, with some amber warmth thrown in. Can't imagine getting bored of this one, really like.

09th February, 2007

The One by Dolce & Gabbana

I really wanted to like this but all i got was lemon, really before it disappeared completely. Might hve to try it again but it did irritate my skin too.

Dior Addict 2 by Christian Dior

What? I've been wearing this for the past week -another unsuccessful christmas present, (why do people buy you random fragrance when it's such a personal thing!?)It just smells of acetone on me, maybe a bit like Elnett hairspray after a while, but definitely not floral at all. I have to say, after I'd sprayed it on my friends to get rid of some of the stuff, they thought it was nice on them, and they thought it was a floral. I guess it's just me that's not an Addict 2. I don't think it changed at all after the dry down but still Try before you buy!

Kingdom by Alexander McQueen

Ok, so some people think it's dirty, but dirty can be good... There aren't enough positive reviews here and it is a good, complex perfume.
    I got really strong cinammon and obviously the undeniable cumin, drying down to ambery, leather and sandlewood combination. Very warm and comes across more floral than you'd expect. Although this is coming from someone who likes the smell of body odour.. ha

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

I agree this is totally intoxicating, and very dark. It has a strong sugar and liquorice scent when first applied but dries down to a woody, leathery scent on me anyway. It is very earthy after a few hours. I think it's highly vampire-ish and seductive

21st December, 2006

Heiress by Paris Hilton

Its definitely one you love to hate, just like the lady herself. Its addictive but sick at the same time, I kept finding myself smelling it and liked it, but wouldn't want others to think I wore it. Very sweet, slighty obnoxious, fun bottle, very girly. Smells like her music sounds. :)

19th December, 2006

Alien by Thierry Mugler

There's no point comparing it to Angel, it was never going to be like it after being called alien was it? I can't stand Angel anyway, I agree this is so much like Dior's poison. Really dry, long lasting, a bit acetone-y. Men seem to like it. It has warmth and a coldness at the same time- very intiguing....

05th December, 2006

Pure White Linen by Estée Lauder

I didn't imagine this could have so many ingredients in it... i think it smells really like comfort pure baby fabric softener! (not sure if you can get that outside the UK) Although one of my friends uses White Linen pure as a room spray and her house smells nice. I just prefer to smell dirty i guess...

19th October, 2006

Boss Intense by Hugo Boss

this is NOT sickly at all! admittantly it is quite heady and rich but dries down to a lovely spicy amber musk and i always get compliments from wearing this one. Dads always hate their daughters perfume anyway poolepirate...

Yria by Yves Rocher

my gran bought me this and i never wear it. to me it smells really dry, lemony and alcoholic- reminds of CIF cleaning fluid!

Chloé Narcisse by Chloé

sweet, powdery, warm and slightly spicy -makes me think of a 50s hollywood dressing room. I adore this and always come back to it

DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan

my fiance just got bought this for me for our anniversary and it is quite pathetic. I'm used to wearing Donna Karen black cashmere so you can imagine that i find this lacking depth. it smells like a watermelon roll-on lipgloss i had when I was 9! it does stay on a long time though if you like smelling like kids cosmetics. Can't beleive i have to wear this now!

27th September, 2006