Reviews by shellygilbert

shellygilbert's avatar
    shellygilbert

Burberry London by Burberry

WHY WHY WHY? What was wrong with the old Burberry? This one smells medicinal on me.

Kenneth Cole Signature by Kenneth Cole

I bought this for my husband to wear on our wedding day. It is such a nice fragrance. Nice and woodsy when it dries down. I like to snuggle up next to him and take in a deep breath...This fragrance will always remind me of our early years.

Escada by Escada

I got a sample of this at a local shop and instantly fell in love! This is the best smelling perfume! Its definetly a grown up perfume, not at all like the fruit punch-y fragrances that I'm used to from Escada. This will certainly be on my "buy a bottle" list.

Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson by Revlon

Doesn't everyone remember wearing this if you're of the right age? It was just so cool to have the pink juice with the lightning bolt in the bottle. I remember this being so darn sweet...Can't imagine myself ever wearing something like this again!

Reaction Women by Kenneth Cole

This fragrnace is very pretty, not at all what I expected out of the sporty looking bottle. The florals aren't too overpowering and this is just a nice fresh scent.

Sheer Veil by Vera Wang

This is once again, another disappointment from Vera Wang. Its not too different from the regular vera wang in that it has no staying power and that its uber floral. Again, a pretty bottle, but you pay way too much just for a decoration for your dressing table.

Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani

I bought this over the Christmas holiday for myself, I guess as a gift for making sure that everyone else had a gift! I love this version of Mania. I had been smelling it on a friend of mine and she would tell me that it was Mania and I could never believe her because I still had the original black top/frosted bottle Mania. I'm so glad that I finally had her show me the bottle. I'm loving this beautiful fragrance. It makes me feel so pretty.

Noa Fleur by Cacharel

I get lots of compliments on this one. Its pretty and soft. I loved the packaging, still have the pretty box that it came in.

True Star by Tommy Hilfiger

I bought this perfume on a whim...Really I just wanted the free gift that came with it. I only wore this twice after buying it. It was a little too "sporty" for me. Passed it along to my sister.

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

I love this fragrance for men. It is very clean and nice. Its the kind of fragrance that makes you want to get closer to a man just to get a bigger whiff of what he has on. Can be overdone and then it becomes cloying and sickly sweet.

Hot by Benetton

I prefer this one much more than its "cold" counterpart. Hot was very warm and comfortable. Very relaxing, its something that I'd wear around the house when I wanted to just chill and have some down time.

Cold by Benetton

I'm not sure what it is about this fragrance, but there's something in it that makes me want to grind my teeth when I smell it. I got this with my Amarige D'amour too...I'll have to cross reference the notes and see if they share any...That may be the secret ingredient that makes my mouth clench!

Attraction by Lancôme

I see that most people are saying that this perfume is sweet on them, but I don't get that at all. This is a very warm fragrance with lots of vanilla and amber. Love the patchouli in this one.

Very Sexy for Her by Victoria's Secret

Now THIS is what sexy smells like! I love this fragrance. Its warm and sensual, but it is also clean and fresh. Its a nice blend, not too much.

Dream Angels Halo by Victoria's Secret

Halo is the only fragrance of the Dream Angels Collection that I care for. I love the staying power of this scent. I can sray it on in the morning and it goes strong all day long. I love smelling it on my jackets and sweaters long after I've taken them off.

Rapture by Victoria's Secret

This is one of those perfumes that everyone was wearing at one time or another, kind of like BBW sun ripened raspberry. I really like the perfume, but I find that it is hard to apply because it is way to easy to put on too much.

Victoria (original) by Victoria's Secret

Victoria was in a class all its own, and now all of the Victoria lovers are left to pick up the few remaining bottles at really inflated prices and move on with our lives...This was a beautiful scent, and like the review before me, I've never found anything even remotely close.

Vera Wang by Vera Wang

This was a total disappointment for me. I read that it was THE fragrance for weddings, so I bought it, and it has NO staying power whatsoever. Its so overpriced that its silly. The bottle is pretty, so I guess there's one good thing about it.

Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger

I got this from a boyfriend for Christmas. I felt so bad...Just a week before Christmas we had been shopping and he wanted me to smell this one and I said "Oh, yuck! I really don't like that at all". The gift had been under the tree for over a month...He was so crastfallen as I opened the gift. I wore it, just to show him that I appreciated his efforts, but this perfume was too bright and floral for me.

360 Degrees Blue for Women by Perry Ellis

This perfume was really nice. Very warm and sparkly. Though it was nice, there was nothing really to make it stand out from all of the other perfumes that smell very similar to it. I bought a big bottle, but it soon made a new home at my sister's.

Portfolio for Women by Perry Ellis

One of my friends gave me a HUGE bottle of this for Christmas. I didn't like it at first because the bottle isn't all that pretty, and I'm a little snobbish that way, but I've worn this a few times and its really grown on me.

So de la Renta by Oscar de la Renta

This is a very nice scent that can be worn every day. I bought a bottle of this and loved every drop of it.

Oscar by Oscar de la Renta

My best friend wore this in high school. Smelling this brings up so many fun memories. Though I'd never wear this, I'm kind of glad that others do, just so that I can be transported back to those times.

Sunwater by Lancaster

I bought this after an all day sniffathon...I think that I was confusing this with another fragrance that I'd sampled because it didn't smell a thing like I thought when I got it home. Enen thought it wasn't what I thought I was buying I liked it anyway. It was crisp and clean smelling. The staying power was very nice on me. I used the lotion more than the perfume though. It was a way to get the clean fragrance without overpowering my nose.

Amarige D'Amour by Givenchy

This was a Mother's Day gift to me. I love most of Givenchy's perfumes, so they knew right where to get me! I wanted to fall in love with this thoughtful gift, but the perfume was a little too bright(?) for me. I didn't like the white tea smell.

Hot Couture White Collection by Givenchy

This perfume was nice, the berry fragrance was what I liked most. It was sparkly, though not too different from all the others of the time.

Hot Couture by Givenchy

I like this one much better than the White Collection

Organza Indécence by Givenchy

I have this perfume only because it came in a GWP, but I'm SO glad that I do. I love it. Its not to spicy or sweet, its just right. Wouldn't you know, I find one that I really like and they DC it?

Organza by Givenchy

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one. Its the only perfume thats gone straight from the magazine strip to my perfume collection in less than a day. It is my favorite perfume for winter nights out. Heck, its my facorite perfume for anytime period. Just picking up the bottle and taking a whiff makes me smile.

Ysatis by Givenchy

THis is very nice. I tried it when I rec'd it in a free GWP at Christmas. It is a little too masculine smelling for my taste, so I usually pair it with some floral lotion or body spray from BBW or VS.