Reviews by TDDanae

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

After Ayala's wonderful review, there is little to add other than it is ok with me. This is a fragrance that I would wear if it were given to me, but I would not go out and buy it. I love Kenzo Oriental and Amour has a quality or expensive smell to it, but it's just not so special I could fall in love with it and I do have so many loves. So I would say yes and no.

DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan

I gave a review on be delicious and this red delicious is just about identical. Maybe add a few cherries and watermelon, but it is just a typical fruity floral, nothing special. Very boring. There is nothing in it that is offensive, but nothing that would make me want to wear it. Just blah.

DKNY Be Delicious by Donna Karan

This to me is a typical boring fruity floral and I am one who likes an occasional fruity floral, but this one is just blah. Nothing different or special. Ripe green apples with more fruit and cucumber, florals, and the drydown woods are not even perceptible to me. It is not offensive in any way, just boring.

Paradise for Women by Alfred Sung

I was very pleasantly surprised by this. I am so glad I picked it up, but I am one who loves tropical scents and this one is very yummy tropical and has the most wonderful woody drydown. It smells more complicated than you might expect given the price, but it does change as the hours go by, it is not linear. I do love it. It is NOT your typical fruity floral, it is so much more.

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

I was inspired by many of the threads I have read lately and had to try this. In every other perfume I have, I prefer the EDP or perfume, but with this one I chose for the first time the EDT. I fell in love at first sniff and I usually do not like musk, but this is so special and sexy. I highly recommend it, but only if you can wear musk. This is very mild, but lasted all evening and was still there in the morning. Just love it!

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

I actually prefer this men's opium to the women's. It is not so strong or cinnamon, clove spicy. I also very much like the addition of the cedar. I am a woman and wear mostly women's fragrances, but this one seems unisex to me.

Black Cashmere by Donna Karan

I know a lot of people like this scent so I hope you will keep in mind that our noses are all a little different along with our skin chemistry. The ladies were doing a laying challenge and many were using Black Cashmere and so I had to go out and try it. To me, If one were to put cloves into a used ashtray and set them on fire, you'd get Black Cashmere.

Gloria by Cacharel

I Love Gloria, but I wish it were a lot stronger. It is considered a fresh Oriental and the notes are: Vanilla, Musk, Amaretto, Bittersweet Italian Almond Liquor, Ambergris, Bulgarian Rose, Hibiscus. It will be a keeper for sure.

Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears

I tried this because I found the bottle to be so beautiful and it wasn't bad for about half an hour and then it got very synthetic and cheap smelling.

Carlos Santana for Women by Carlos Santana

This sounds like a fruity floral, but it has Musk and Sandalwood in the base and is listed everywhere I have found as an oriental. It truly is a beautiful scent, somewhat on the lines of hypnotic poison. It does not smell like hypnotic poison, but it is a softly, musky, sandalwood oriental in somewhat the same class.

Curious by Britney Spears

I did not like this. This is one that had absolutely no redeeming qualities at all for me. It smelled like something I might find at the drug store but much, much, worse. Just chemicals and a few white flowers. I would not wear it for free, or if it were the last fragrance on earth.

Trouble by Boucheron

I love this one. A nice full bodied, wooded oriental. Smells very expensive. Somewhat on the lines Of Maggie Noire, but a little more modern and more wood notes. Love it.

Realm by Realm Fragrances

I do like the Realm for men. It's very vanilla, but I would not get it again even if I could. I do love it's smoothness and there nothing unpleasant about it.

Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor

I bought this for my husband when it first came out and was disappointed for it smelled too sweet and spicy. I do love sweet and spicy, but this one was way over the top for me. I tried to get rid of it, but he likes it.

Gucci pour Homme (original) by Gucci

This is extremely woody, a very manly smell and I do like it on my husband, but would not wear it myself. But what I would say most is that it is very macho and that can be good on a man, so I bought my husband a few botles because it was being discontinued.

Gucci No. 1 by Gucci

I love wood in my fragrances and did not think I could find one with too much wood for me, but this one smells to me of Gucci PH for about an hour and then mellows down, but the mellowing down did not present something I liked and I can't even describe it, something I have not smelled before.

Boucheron by Boucheron

This seems to be in somewhat the same class as Maggie Noire. It is listed as an oriental, but it has oakmoss and I would think it would be a chypre. So I would call it a chypre oriental. It definitely does have that chypre note. It seems to be a complicatied fragrance with a lot going on. I do like it myself, but my husband doesn't.

Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum by Paloma Picasso

I am not a Chypre person, but have been sampling Chypre's by the score. Paloma Picasso has been one of the best ones that I have tested. It is strong so a little spray will do it and it lasted all night and day. I would think a Chypre lover would flip over this one. I sampled the EDP.
    Top notes: Bergamot, neroli, lemon, ambrette. Middle notes: Jasmine, Bulgarian rose, ylang ylang, coriander, clove. Bottom notes: Vetiver, sandalwood oakmoss, moss, amber.

Chantilly by Dana

This is called an amber oriental. I would say it is also quite flowery. It has notes of fruits, lemon, bergamot, neroli, jasmine, rose, orange blossom, spices, ylang ylang, carnation, Indian Sandalwood, moss, vanilla, musk, amber, leather, tonka bean,& benzoin. Another one from Dana that is unbelievable for the price. This is simply wonderful.

Navy by Dana

This is surprisingly nice for the price. Hard to believe. It is called a floral oriental with citrus, flowers, cinnamon, coriander. It is not one of my favorites by Dana so I will give it a maybe.

Toujours Moi by Dana

This is an unbelievable perfume for the price. It was in a packet I picked up with a mixture of Dana's by the House of Coty. It is described as an oriental with notes of sandlewood, vetiver, musk, jasmine & orange blossom.
    I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Tabu by Dana

Tabu, House of Coty, Dana, known as a spicy oriental. Top notes: Bergamot oil, coriander, neroli, Orange, spice notes. Middle notes: Clove bud oil, clover, jasmine, narcissus, oriental rose, ylang ylang. Bottom notes: amber, benzoin, cedar, civet, moss, musk, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver. major notes/accord Patchouli, cloves, cinnamon, orange, orange blossom, civet. I am surprised to love this because I can buy it here in the U.S. for practically nothing. It lasts and lasts.

Pacific Paradise by Escada

So I am in my second childhood. I love this. It is my first real fruity floral and is lasts all night. Very tropical and the first fragrance I could even stand with a grapefruit beginning, but that changes into a very tropical fruity scent. I do love it.

05 January, 2007

Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella by Guerlain

I love so many Guerlain perfumes that I bought this as a blind buy and I was very disappointed. It was watery and had a very bitter licorice smell with a slight peach scent. Even though it was so weak and watery, It still had a way of turning my stomach in very bad ways. I was surprised that Guerlain would put it's name on this. Awful.

31st December, 2006

Shanghai by Marc Rosen

Shanghai by Shanghai is a most delicate oriental floral with fruity notes.
    Top Notes: bergamot, green apple, touches of cinnamon oil of Ceylon, Asian magnolia flower.
    Middle notes: Ancient Chinese Osmanthus flower with slight apricot notes, carnation, jasmine, patchouli
    Bottom notes: Vanilla bourbon, balsam wood, ambergris, Chinese wild plum. I and my husband truly love this fragrance. It is a very mild oriental and so could be worn anywhere, day or night. Love it!

22 December, 2006

Carlos Santana for Men by Carlos Santana

My husband came out of the bathroom with this on and it smelled to me of my Burberry Brit. I must have an odd nose, but I really do love it.

Coriandre by Jean Couturier

This is one of four chypres I have bought lately and this one is not as fun or changing as the others. It starts off smelling like coriander and stays smelling like coriander so to really love this, I would think, you'd really have to love coriander. It is not an unpleasant fragrance, but one I would not get again.

Carolina by Carolina Herrera

This has the one of most beautiful fruit smells, I have smelled. It really does smell like a fresh bowl of fruit in a very sophisticated way and it is done very well. It is very feminine. I just wish it would last longer on me. Others have said it lasts on them. Maybe if I use a lot of oil first.

Jolie Madame by Pierre Balmain

Jolie Madame is my first Chypre since I have started really getting into perfumes. It is taking me some time to get used to the fact that it changes so often on me and maybe that's the fun of it. I have sampled a lot of Chypres lately and have so far chosen four and this was one of the four. It is hard to describe because, like I said, it changes a lot. It starts off rather sharp, then mellows to something like a spring garden, greens and flowers, then it has a beautiful sort of satiny, flowery, leather.

FlowerbyKenzo Oriental by Kenzo

I like this a lot better than Flowers, it has more spunk, more kick. It's not real strong, but it has more of what I like in a perfume than just Flowers. It is more complicated, I think.

10th December, 2006