Reviews by dcfong

7 Sinful Scents: Excess by Gendarme

Initially, it smells overpoweringly of musk (but most musk smells overpowering to me). Once settled on the skin, the pepper and rum are quite obvious, and at this point, it does seem more masculine. As is dries down, sweet chocolate/vanilla can be smelled under the musk - an unpleasantly jarring combination. I do not smell jasmine at all. It becomes almost pleasant after an hour or so as the sweetness remains faintly and the sandlewood starts to emerge from under the musk.

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge by Bulgari

Black tea with lemon, from start to finish. I don't smell the pepper, fig, or walnut, and the musk is nicely subdued. It's both refreshing and comforting at the same time, perhaps due to how uncomplicated it smells on my skin. A good light summer scent on me.

Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I adore the CSP vanilla note and usually wear Vanille Abricot when I want to smell like dessert. Unfortunately, the coconut smells a bit like plastic on me, and the scent has no lasting power on me at all.

Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc by Bulgari

It starts off smelling strongly of pepper and musk. After about half an hour, the citrus and tea start to emerge but are again overpowered by the musk. Perhaps this would be a nice light scent for those who like musk, but it's not for me.