Reviews by lespritz

lespritz's avatar
    lespritz

Calvin Klein Man by Calvin Klein

Great smell that has constantly gotten me more compliments then you'd imagine...but that could be because I'm constantly applying tons of it, as it fades REALLY quick...at least on me. A few mins...then can't smell F**k all. "Used to it" or not, I wanna be able to smell what I'm buying! I can't always find an atomizer to bring with me, so I'd ideally like to not to have to spray fifty sprays to be able to smell it all day...which it would probably have to be. Sad, 'cause it does smell sexy!

20th June, 2014

Artisan by John Varvatos

Smells like Versace Dreamer and Burberry Weekend mixed together. Horrible longevity(barely any) :(. Almost smells like Play Doh. Not gross, but not purchasable(unless it's pennies).

26 May, 2014

He Wood Ocean Wet Wood by Dsquared2

Smells a little different, and and seems to last a long time. Not bad overall.

13 May, 2014

Uomo Essenza di Capri by Pal Zileri

Smells a tad like Lab by Pal Zileri. Not great, or gross either. Bad longevity & projection(on me anyways). Meh.

12 May, 2014

Joop! Splash by Joop!

I'm a cologne fiend...never usually hate, hate colognes...but this is nasty and bizarre. I gave it to someone who in turn used it as room deodorizer. Worst Joop! I guess a chick could wear this...if she wanted to! It's that gross. What was I to do? It was in the Wal-mart case, I had never smelled it, they don't let you open it...and the internet said it was gonna be discontinued(then upon buying it, a week later, a larger size for ten dollars cheaper appeared at a pharmacy to mock me, LOL). Glad I didn't get a larger size. Groan! Big waste of $ since I wanted it gone. I hope the flankers fixed this disaster(and hopefully canada gets more Joop fragrances). My faves from them so far the normal one, Nightflight, and Go and Jump aren't bad(though are very similar-smelling).

Gentlemen Only Intense by Givenchy

The initial smell is ok, but I'd say the longevity is WORSE than the other one. In minutes, I couldn't smell a damn thing, and the way I caked it on in the store, you really think you'd smell it. All the other crap scents I sprayed on that day retained their aroma on each of their respectively-sprayed hands, whereas this garbage had no sillage or projection whatsoever. I know with Givenchy Play(yes I know it's a different scent, but it is the same company) that the Intense version of it is even weaker than the original, so maybe there's something in the water at Givenchy. I would say the normal Gentleman Only is a better smell too. The reason this is neutral is because this product smells all right, but lacks both projection AND longevity. Don't pay the full msrp for this. Long for a sale, or it to become out of fashion(LOL) before you get it, as it would be a horrific waste of money.

Jaguar Classic Amber by Jaguar

Blindly bought this for $29.99 for a 100ml. Big enough risk(as I didn't need to buy more cologne, and my wallet was near empty...but this was the one and only bottle at a Marshall's store.) I had never seen it before, just a few random Jaguar scents throughout my life, so I took the mini-plunge! Very unique. Almost old man-smelling. Almost. Probably any age if worn lightly. It's very similar IMO to Narciso Rodriguez for Him(must be the patchouli and musk that they each have in common), which is great, because that scent is way more expensive than this. Mmm, I hope all Jaguar scents are this yummy! I can't stop huffing my arm! :D

Dior Homme Eau for Men by Christian Dior

This would have to be give-away for me to buy it. Never smelled the Dior Homme intense(but want to), Dior Homme Sport sucks(and in no way smells like the original) and of course Dior Homme is sexy. This one smells like it, if it were lemony, lighter, and cheaper(quality). You don't need to smell this if you're that curious.

02 April, 2014

Play In The City for Him by Givenchy

cheap, smelling trash, big-time poor excuse for the line.

In  no way should anyone buy this...or hell, even try it. It really is that vile. The Play line has gone into the ground...what with the summer, and sport ones(yuck) and the intense one(borderline yuck), and now this, which has no longevity, and that cheap alcohol smell that screams dollar-store more than anything alluring. No gettting used to it either...it will smell the "best" after the initial spray...and you won't like it then!

Pros: The cartoon dude on the bottle
    Cons: THE SMELL!

17 May, 2013

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

It doesn't smell bad, but it doesn't wow me either. It may be unique, or even forgettable...but I believe for the price of it(it doesn't tend to go on sale), there are far better fragrances to devote your cash too. I do know it's fairly mild, and didn't project really for me at all whenever I've tried it on at stores. I don't need to buy it, but if it was a gift, I might have it in my wardrobe, let's just say that.

11th May, 2013

Boss in Motion White Edition by Hugo Boss

For about a minute, this smells like Lalique White. I gawked up the notes on here, and they each have black pepper, amber, musk, cardamom, so that makes sense. Still, it's not a wow smell...and doesn't excite much. I got it as a gift, and just wear it around the house. If you smell this, ok, but if you don't, you're not gonna lose sleep over it.

08 April, 2013

Armani Code Ultimate by Giorgio Armani

Yuck! In no way should this be considered a worthy flanker/ultimate to the original code. I can't tell you why I don't like this particular one, just that I know one squirt was more than enough. No purchasin' here.

25 March, 2013

Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

I was fortunate enough to get a 50ml of this on Kijiji for a mere $10.00(and it's not expired or anything). Um, I'm glad I only paid that much(I paid the full $88.00 for my 100ml bottle of the "normal" Play...which I like better). I like how this smells like the other one, but veers off to a more cocoa-ish smell. In no way does this scent last longer on your skin than the original one...I'd say it fades quicker. If you had a choice of which Play to buy though, I'd say strive for the Original one first, and forget the flankers. Thumbs up, due to me liking the scent for the little amount of $ I paid. :)

16 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 30th April, 2014)

Givenchy Play Sport by Givenchy

A poor accompaniment to the Play Line. Has poor longevity(worse than the other two) and nothing likable about its smell.

03 January, 2013

Burberry Sport for Men by Burberry

Considering I know people paid enough $ for this, getting a 50ml for $19.99 proved to be a great deal. Thumbs up due to the bargainfor this...other than that, it does fade away into obscurity rather quickly...but the first initial whiff will keep you wanting to spray over and over.

02 January, 2013

Homme Exceptionnel by Montblanc

One spay, and I didn't wanna smell more. Smells like some cheap Axe or something. This gift can spray my shoes out! lol

12 December, 2012

Contradiction for Men by Calvin Klein

not a smell one should pay for...or accept as a gift! Yuck.

06 December, 2012

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

Bought a sample vial from a cologne store for a $1.00. It ACTUALLY smells worse than the designer imposter's cologne sold for $1.00 in vending machines in men's rooms! Yeah, the owner of the fragrance shop said it was one of the best fragrances Dior ever made. After getting a whiff of this antiquated cleaning product-like scent, I wondered if this was true. Turns out this cologne was "cool" over 45yrs ago. Unless you're an old man, or like Pledge-esque scents, avoid at all costs. The longevity sucks too...thankfully...

23 June, 2012

Potion by Dsquared2

It opens with a smell reminiscent of Root Beer...and then QUICKLY fades to NOTHING...thankfully. Friends told me I smell "like a girl," which I can see.

23 June, 2012

Avant Garde by Lanvin

I bought this blindly after hearing it was a gourmand. Yummy! Smells like an inexpensive copy of La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent, which is good(because I didn't want to spend way more on the YSL one). I bought a 50ml...I may or may not "stock up" again if the price is right.

04 June, 2012

Dunhill Pure by Dunhill

A very weird cologne that smells different every time(in a way). I'm halfway through my bottle and have only got 1 compliment. Certainly not my fave Dunhill.

Now that the bottle is done, still only 1 compliment out of the whole bottle. To sum it up, this scent is: boring, mild, unusual, forgettable, and at times, gross. Evade this Dunhill selection from your wardrobe! Glad this crap is gone! :)

28 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 08 May, 2013)

The One Sport by Dolce & Gabbana

No clue who'd pay for this crud. Boring and fades in seemingly seconds. Pass.

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

I have friends that keep howling that this is a good cologne...but I can't offer much of an opinion...as I don't seem to notice much of anything from it! On me, the sprays from the store literally faded momentarily. I wanna like it...but this would have to be next to free for me to consider wasting $ on a mild scent.

Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Eww, I got this as a gift and yuck. I don't care what the label says, someone blind would assume you're wearing ladies' perfume. When this crap ran out I said "Good riddance." Next one I get from them will probably be the original D&G.

Black Jeans by Versace

Maybe my bottle was bad or something, but this smelled like retchid household cleaner. Very feminine. Thank god they discontinued this. A friend even said "You gotta throw that one away." Indeed.

11th February, 2012

Bang by Marc Jacobs

I did notice how it's a little like Terre d'Hermes! Nice! That was way more $. I paid $23.00 for a gift set with a50ml bottle, so I think I did all right. It has piss-poor longevity, but I love how it smells so macho, and not remotely effeminate. Thumbs up...but you gotta bring the bottle on and apply throughout the day/night.

07 February, 2012

Black Diamond by Canali

I don't feel my nose is incorrect in thinking that the original Canali, Canali Summer Night and Canali Black Diamond smell pretty much the same. The bottles are seemingly the only difference. The only cologne offering that smells different by Canali is Canali Style. This one doesn't smell bad, but having owned the original Canali, and currently the Summer Night one, I don't notice too much variation, regardless of what the notes listed are.

16 December, 2011

Green Jeans by Versace

I bought a cute-looking maybe 5ml bottle(who knows) with a little matching tin of this. Some spilled in my pocket and leaked...and I didn't care. Inappropriate for my age group I think(29). Smells too old man-ish, a little cheap too.

29 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 04 December, 2012)

Pi Fraiche by Givenchy

After owning the Original Pi about 3 or 4 times now(and my 4 bottle is almost empty) I decided to "switch it up" a bit and get the Pi Fraiche as an alternate. Always remember seeing it alongside the original years ago. I got a 100ml for about $69.00 including tax, which I felt was good, as this scent is hard to find in my city. I'm pretty sure it's extremely limited production, or perhaps discontinued altogether. Either way, I happy with this refreshing change. I'm sure I'll purchase original Pi next time(as it's easier to come by, and a little heavier). However, this is a good summer alternative(sometimes people told me the original was too strong.) I'd say anyone who wants an original Pi alternative, to get this rare gem as opposed to the disastrous Pi Neo :S Since I originally posted this, my overall view: the very little difference that you do notice is in the opening notes, and the trade off you get from smelling those notes for a few seconds, you get an overall far weaker version of the original.

09 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 December, 2011)

cK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein

The only CK cologne in years that I've liked. Reminds me of Yves Saint Laurent Nuit L'Homme, Paco Rabanne's One Million, and even a little of Davidoff Adventure. I'd wear it.

09 November, 2011