Reviews by lespritz

lespritz's avatar
    lespritz

The Dreamer by Versace

Spelling this for the first time, I thought "Wow, that's nice!" It reminded me of Prada's much more expensive Infusion D'homme. Looking it up on here showed me they both have iris in them. Regardless, I've been a Dreamer for it since I first smelled it. I'll probably buy a bottle...

*edited after buying it:Yuck! Pretend you dumped your bottle of Prada Infusion in a jar of Play-Doh, and voila! The Night Terror is here.

26 October, 2011 (Last Edited: 28 April, 2012)

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Although extremely enjoyable, it CLEARLY is a reformulation of Pure Malt...like maybe they corrected where the other one failed? Either way, this is on my wish list for sure! Great longevity, and not as overbearing/offensive as A*Men. It's a great smell, but sad that it's a limited edition. :(

12 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 31st May, 2012)

Envy for Men by Gucci

I love the noticed it's in the class that Narciso Rodriguez is(it does have amber, patchouli and musk as well). However, the smell will remain on your skin forever BUT will not remotely carry, thus no one can smell it unless they put their nostrils to your skin...which they so seldomly do, lol. Smells classy, but is a waste of $ in the long run due to it's poor ability to carry.

06 February, 2011

Weekend for Men by Burberry

Extremely girly and has poor longevity. Good for any occasion that ISN'T a weekend. Whomever said mold is right. I smell soap, flowers, and clay.

07 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 27 February, 2011)

Champion by Davidoff

Smells like Nautica Blue, if it were made cheaper. Don't let the awesome bottle fool you...you're not smelling it!

01st December, 2010

Booster by Lacoste

I like the bottle and box better than the scent! It smells too much like "bathroom", what with the mint, and the alcohol it reminds me of Mouthwash and Toothpaste, two other P & G Products. Thankfully it fades quickly. The who product looked rare and cute, thus why I bought it. Could be good to spray the shoes out(Diesel Plus was my previous shoe-spray). :(

01st December, 2010

Rykiel Homme Grey by Sonia Rykiel

Opening is awful, rosewood too overbearing...drydown is nice, but fades to nothing. Better be cheap if I'm gonna buy it. Nice bottle though!

17 November, 2010

Séxual pour Homme by Michel Germain

It smells like CK's Escape, without the longevity! Is good if you get it for cheap!

22 October, 2010

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

I smell something vanilla-ish in it for some reason. Best longevity in cologne in a long time. This could be a shared, or even a woman's fragrance. The first one I've ever liked from Paco Rabanne. Cool looking bottle too.

18 October, 2010

Lacoste Challenge by Lacoste

Smells like a lemon mess! No longevity(but an alcohol ONLY smell will stick to your skin the entire time). Wouldn't take it as a gift...or give to a homeless person.

Guess by Marciano for Men by Guess

Thumbs up ONLY because I paid 25 dollars for a 100ml unused/unboxed tester bottle. It's not worth ANY more than that. As with the other past Guess offerings, longevity is poor. It reminds me of Lacoste Elegance and Baldessarini Ambré. Easily a forgettable fragrance.

Baldessarini Ambré by Baldessarini

Forgettable, poor longevity, reminds me of Lacoste Elegance and Guess by Marciano for Men.

Boss Bottled Night by Hugo Boss

Horrible! NO stars for this! Not only does it smell like cheap Playboy cologne, or some other sweaty high-schooler's spritz, it has no longevity, and rips off Nautica Blue! Gross, don't even spray it on in the store, or accept the free sample! Yecch!

30th September, 2010

He Wood by Dsquared2

Seems to smell more unique than many. I was saddened to learn after that this was marketed to those that don't like cologne. In order to smell it, you do have to either huff your hand like a weirdo, or flood yourself in it! Still, if you can get a good deal on it, it's worth it nonetheless. Could easily be a unisex scent.

29 August, 2010

Desire Blue by Dunhill

A non-headache inducing aquatic version of Dunhill Desire. Very clean, almost soapy smell. Longevity could be better. Would buy again.

29 August, 2010

Canali Style by Canali

Initially, I loved it, and thought it smelled like a leather furniture store. Now, I really seem to notice the pineapple note. Now I merely like it, but would purchase it again(I paid $19.99 for a 100ml of Italian-made cologne), even thought it smells like a pineapple slice on a couch.

28 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 07 October, 2010)

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

All right, so this could easily be marketed as a shared(or even Women's) Fragrance. It smells clean and soapy, but has NO longevity at all. Sure if you smell your skin, you can slightly notice it, but no one will ever smell a cloud of it, even if you bathe in it. It's a good smell, but not worth the $ due to the poor longevity.

27 July, 2010

Brit for Men by Burberry

It takes what you like about Burberry London, adds a bit of baby powder smell, and offers a big headache, almost nauseous feeling to those who smell it.

18 March, 2010

CK Free by Calvin Klein

It smells very generic, and reminds me of Dunhill Desire Blue. No longevity, and nothing new is done here. Nor gross, but not unique either.

16 March, 2010

Givenchy Play by Givenchy

I like it, but find the longevity lacking. Not worth the $. This could be a unisex scent for sure. They don't list vanilla as a note, but I smell it! I like this better than the Intense version and the sport or summer flankers.

14 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 March, 2013)

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Everyone says the closest match to this is Armani Code, but I think it smells more like D & G's original one in the navy box. I like it though,

14 March, 2010

Nautica Oceans by Nautica

The best thing Nautica(Coty) has ever made! This smells very fresh, and you wouldn't guess it to be cheap...until you get to the longevity...which is seemingly non-existant.

Dior Homme Sport (original) by Christian Dior

Who would buy this? It smells NOTHING like the other Dior Homme...just a water-mild citrus mess. Waste of $

Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior

It's unique, but still reminds me of a make-up counter in an 80's Dept. Store. I find the longevity poor though. Women my age(27) think it's arousing, but teenagers have called it an 'Old Man' cologne. I just wish it were cheaper!

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I love it...it's so unusual! However, I find for the price of it, the longevity isn't there(I've noticed that with a few Dior fragrances). Still, there's nothing like it I've smelled.

Only The Brave by Diesel

I bought it specifically for the bottle, so I deserve what I got, which was a mild-smelling, almost unisexual generic scent, worth 1/3 of the price.

22 February, 2010

Reaction for Men by Kenneth Cole

It is a very gender-bending fragrance. Women could easily wear this. I saw a 100ml bottle for $19.99 I pondered buying, knowing it'd be a good one to "fall into" in the summer, but other than that, it is basically just a mild apple-scented. cologne.

09 February, 2010

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

I bought the 50ml bottle for $19.99, and for that I have no complaints. The smell is a bit faint, but for the price, just double the squirts on! The size of the nifty hockey puck-like bottle makes it ideal to take along with you in a coat. An enjoyable aquatic.

31st August, 2009

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

I smell Burberry London faintly, but due to the coffee and patchouli notes, I find this smells like a milder Angel A*Men, which is okay, because I like that as well. However, the opening is only like Angel, and then it quickly fades out to nothing! Would be fine if you found it for a cheap price!

09 May, 2009

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

To me this smelled generic, had poor longevity, and smelled girly. I'd only accept it as a gift, and only to be polite! Next!

30th April, 2009