Reviews by lespritz

lespritz's avatar
    lespritz

RSVP by Kenneth Cole

This is one of thew only colognes where I, a fragrance fiend wouldn't finish it! Smells like cheap, musky old man crap.

30th April, 2009

Dunhill Pursuit by Dunhill

It doesn't smell remotely soapy to me. I did buy it because I found it to be a good smell, and always usually having good luck with Dunhill Colognes(except Pure, which I bought blindly and regretted down the line), I bought it(2 yrs ago for only $17.77 at a Superstore), and baffled with that price, I had to do it. Needless to say, I flew through the bottle because it had piss-poor longevity. Had they made the smell cling they'd have had a winner for sure. Very unique and classy smell, thus the neutral rating.

26 April, 2009 (Last Edited: 08 May, 2013)

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

Incredible longevity, and I love the unusual smell! It's certainly like nothing I've ever smelled before. Hands down one of the best colognes to be marketed!

23 February, 2009

Diesel Green Masculine by Diesel

Smells great, but lacks longevity, and the awkward bottle(although cool looking) makes it not the easiest to take with you. Still, it's a shame it's been discontinued.

23 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 08 October, 2009)

Nautica Classic by Nautica

A great smelling cologne, with almost a soapy essence to it. It is cheap and mild, but cake on more! It could almost be a unisex fragrance.

Cool Water by Davidoff

A very clean, yet artificial smell. I really do enjoy the longevity out of this fragrance(many, many new colognes smell for ten seconds). I just find it a little cheap(but this might be 'cause it's been on the market for 21 years)

Cool Water Woman by Davidoff

Probably one of the only perfumes women should wear. Very sensual, prestige smelling, and good for all age groups of girls! I reccomend this!

CK In 2U Him by Calvin Klein

The first time I sprayed it, I thought it smelled like bathroom cleanser. The second time, I swore it smelled like Off! bug spray. Upon giving it to a friend, they said the same thing(Off)...so re marketing insect repellent can be done!

28 December, 2008

Joop! Homme by Joop!

It smells great, it is fairly inexpensive, and has incredible longevity. If only other Joop! colognes boasted these traits.

28 December, 2008

Davidoff Adventure by Davidoff

Smells like a slight variation on Dunhill Pursuit. It is a nice, crowd pleasing smell, but it has terrible longevity, like everything else out of the Davidoff(Coty) Design house, such as Echo and Silver Shadow. Such a shame!

07 November, 2008 (Last Edited: 28 December, 2008)

Good Life by Davidoff

I received a half-full bottle from a friend, and I love it...too bad there's not much longevity. what's weird is: on the site here, the bottle has a blue lid, and mine has a silver lid! The smell could be unizes though, and it isn't overbearing, or cheap-smelling either. I'd reccomend it to anyone wanting something nice, and not mainstream.

15 January, 2008

Unforgivable by Sean John

To me it smells like Puff Daddy, who samples everything else, simply re-worked Calvin Klein's Crave...and it's not too different...so me thinks this'll be discontinued sooner than later...

23 April, 2007

DKNY Red Delicious Men by Donna Karan

Just smells like apples, and cough medicine...the 'Be Delicious' scent is much better...(Donna Karan should make a green apple scent/theme/bottle for her next apple endeavor.)

04 November, 2006

Starwalker by Montblanc

Awful! Smells like ten fragrances I've smelled before..and they weren't nice!
    Save your money. You'd enjoy Dunhill X-centric more, and that's even cheaper!

Crave by Calvin Klein

It reminds me of frozen oranges, and with that bizarre bottle, it is certainly laughable to Calvin Klein's "sophisticated" image. It would still be good to pick one up, if it no longer exists....as a novelty item..

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

I like it. As a kid, I'd go into the now defunct Robinson's Dept. Store in the mall near my house and flood myself in it. I find for public use, it's too offensive and cheap. It's best for an around-the-house or bedtime spritz.

23 October, 2006 (Last Edited: 25 September, 2010)

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

It is a nice, classic citusy smell, but it does have a delayed aftermath that is almost retchid...as if the fruitflies have gotten to the grapefruit!

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This smells incredible, and it's so unique..it gets so many compliments..but it can get over-powering..did I mention I drown myself in it...however, due to the sugary nature of this cologne, I'm sure even more bees would escort you throuhout the day...

Hot Couture by Givenchy

I hate this smell! It's smells like Diesel plus for men, diluted with berries! My mom got this as a gift, and thank goodness I only had to smell that briefly...

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

All I can say is when I was younger and I'd come, I could taste red door in the air, and my mom left hrs before! Overbearing and cheap...

Tommy 10 by Tommy Hilfiger

Like the person above said, it does smell like the original Tommy, or I could say it smells similar...maybe the "10" was just a new bottle...either way, this is worth keeping in the past...if Tommy's trying to get "cool" again, this won't help. If you want a more prestige-smelling Tommy fragrance, go for True-Star.

Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier

It's the one of the only times I've given a sample vial of cologne away...to my mom! I found it to be waaay to strong(1 squirt lasted hrs) and it smelled like ladies perfumes(Red door and vanilla fields...mixed...only wear Le male by gaultier

Corduroy by Zirh

very warm and edible. Similar in notes to "dunhill man" in the brown box. IT is a little mild, but certainly worth having in your collection...

Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein

It's smell means that Calvin Klein was rushed to produce ANYTHING! If I was blind, and were told this cologne was a dollar, I'd buy it...no wonder it's pennies on EBAY. If you haven't smelled this, don't bother. It won't instill any positive emotion in your head...

Silver Shadow by Davidoff

One of the worst colognes I've ever bought. The first time I huffed this on a card in a department store, It reminded me of a trip to a dairy queen for some reason...then I obtain a 100ml bottle, and it is the most disappointing, mild, cheaply made(and stored, in a really boring, dollar store bottle! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Givenchy pi is so much cheaper, and will wow you with more vanilla.

True Star Men by Tommy Hilfiger

Smells just like a leather jacket to me too. Needs better longevity. They should release an Eau De Cologne version that's more powerful.

20th October, 2006 (Last Edited: 25 September, 2010)

Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein

Wonderful smell, and exceeds enjoyment that the previous Obsession tends to bring..without the headache and old-spice notes! Its smell sometimes reminds me of suntan lotion. I bought the 125ml for $18.99 so I can't complain at all.

20th October, 2006 (Last Edited: 16 March, 2010)

Paradise for Men by Alfred Sung

Yes, when I first bought this scent, it ws $68.00 for a 50ml in May '03...in Nov 2005, I bought the 100ml for $14.99 at a drug store...end result: smells nice briefly, and by briefly, I mean the second your finger is off that button, and not much longer!

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Wonderful smell, expensive considering how fast that smell is gone...so too mild...

Dunhill by Dunhill

Dunhill's BEST scent so far..not too mild..but always enjoyable! If you like corduroy, and robert cavalli black, you'll like this...