Reviews by cazaubon

The Longing by House of Matriarch

Opens with a heavy spaghetti sauce spice blast. Not gourmand at all in the way most people expect (sweet). I get almost no florals or sweetness as it dries down, just an herbal apothecary type smell. I doubt I would be able to wear this, it's going on the swap pile.
31st October, 2017

1996 : Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo

I absolutely loved this scent when it was first launched in 2013, but I am sorry to say it has been watered down and reformulated. The warm woody sweetness has been dialed way back and it's lost its sparkle. Caveat emptor.
27th September, 2017

Lavandes Trianon by Lancôme

This is very yummy. Smells like a lavender crème brûlée with a tiny hint of citrus. Not as high end as Vero Profumo Kiki but very enjoyable to wear.
08th December, 2016

L'Art et la Matière : Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain

I loved the original Bois d'Armenie released in 2006, but after smelling it at the boutique today in 2014, I feel it has been diluted and reformulated. It seems a lot less potently woody and incensey in its current incarnation. Be sure to smell the current batch before repurchasing.

Mon Precieux Nectar by Guerlain

Delicious almond orange blossom fragrance with plenty of sweetness. Similar to the 68 eau de parfum in the rectangular bottle, but a bit more powdery than that one. Totally addictive and feminine.

Parfum du 68 by Guerlain

This is a beautiful fragrance, reminds me a lot of Mon Précieux Nectar with the orange blossom and heliotrope notes they have in common. It is a bit more floral than Mon Précieux Nectar but they are definitely cousins. Gorgeous feminine scent.

Angel Garden Of Stars - Violet Angel by Thierry Mugler

I really liked this one - it is similar to Serge Lutens Bois de Violette without all the wood and without the nasty helional note that gives me that rotten melon smell from the regular Angel.
24th March, 2005