Reviews

Reviews by Mikey Q

Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons

This one is hard to describe. I guess woodsy with bits of everything else mixed in is the best I can come up with. My wardrobe covers a wide variety of scents but I think this one will always be in my top ten. I have bought many blind, using BN reviews to guide me. I never would have bought this one blind off BN recommendations. I'll always be glad someone sent me a sample of this one. Once I sampled it I was hooked.
04th March, 2007

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Although I'm a big Creed fan, for me this one is an awful lot like the much-cheaper Old Spice. It's nice enough, and the dry down is very nice - but - it doesn't seem as classy as the other Creeds I wear regularly. The practical guy in me would buy Old Spice and then with the money I saved buy a different Creed. Cheers!
31st December, 2006

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme by Bulgari

Great office scent, low key but extremely classy. You'll catch people moving closer to investigate the pleasantry. Cheers.
23rd December, 2006

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Of the 70 colognes in my cabinet, this one is my #1 - My Holy Grail. Bought it untested off reviews here. An unbelievable scent. Lasts long compared to some of the other Creeds. Fresh, soft, and rich scent.
12th December, 2006

Ungaro III by Ungaro

Very nice opening. Very much like Individuel only shorter laster. Berries to start, fairly quick dry down to very classy, soft masculine floral.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

A top ten fragrance for me. Long lasting, classy, not intrusive but still a compliment magnet. Not overly popular in my area, which is a good thing. I bought without sampling off reviews and ingredients and was not disappointed. A little pricey..but worth it. A winner!

Greenergy by Givenchy

An outstanding Green fragrance. Very long lasting. Pretty quick drydown then settles in to a classy warm scent. In my top ten for sure. Seems to be a little hard to find.

Monsieur Balmain (original) by Pierre Balmain

All lemon - all of the time. A very nice scent and certainly classy. For all of us lemon lovers a must have.
09th December, 2006

Bay Rum by Geo F Trumper

An OUTSTANDING Bay Rum. Lasts forever. Classy, warm, rich. Like visiting the islands without leaving home. If you need a "Rum" in your collection look no further.
09th December, 2006

Unforgivable by Sean John

First of all, this is a VERY pleasant scent. Although it's a little pricey, it is long lasting and definitely classy. I do agree with the other comments with regard to Creed MI. This is a twin. My humble advice is that either one would be a solid addition to a cologne lover's wardrobe...but to own both would be redundant. Cheers!
06th December, 2006

1881 pour Homme by Cerruti

Very nice scent. Long lasting and primarily sweet. Fresh and somewhat lemony. Does have a bit of a sharpness to the drydown, but ultimately finishes to be a classy, warm fragrance.
05th December, 2006

Society Yachting Men by Society Parfums

This stuff is fantastic. Only negative is that you have to use A LOT of it. Very subtle marine scent. A must have.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Not sure why people say this is weak. This scent is very rich and long lasting. No significant fragrance shift during drydown. I would call it flowery or soapy smooth rather than spicy. Not cheap but a little goes a long way. Classy stuff!

Anucci Man by Anucci

Very sweet and pleasant initially. Dries down pretty quick to a long lasting, full bodied floral scent. Don't need to use much. If you like Watt Green you'll probably like this one more.