Reviews by lanvinelle

lanvinelle's avatar
    lanvinelle
    Germany Germany

Saffron Rose by Grossmith

This is a gorgeous soft and dry saffron rose.Most other saffron rose offerings tend to be too aggressive,but this is as smooth as a cashmere sweater. Luckily I do not get the aoud note.
    I can imagine it would make an excellent fragrance for a winter bride.

16th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 31st August, 2014)

Mat; Limited by Masakï Matsushïma

I can definitely smell green tea, a little rose and musk in this one.Not to forget the fruity top notes.

What do we get? A generic fruity floral fragrance which thankfully fades too quickly to be annoying.

10th July, 2014

Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Une Fleur de Cassie smells amazing to me. There are many controversial reviews on this one. To me it is not challenging in the least. It is a modern twist on the classic powdery fragrance and smells much more natural and softer than the aldehydic classics we love.
    In the beginning it smells like cardboard but when it dries down you can smell some spice and the delicate scent of mimosa flowers which adds some sweetness and cheer to the blend.Delightful!

Worthy of at least one sniff.

10th July, 2014

Musc Tonkin (Extrait de Parfum) by Parfum d'Empire

Musc Tonkin is some seriously good stuff. It smells like a vintage fragrance to my nose.It's not easy to find out which notes are blended in it,but the opening is a little spicy and I think it's a little clovey.
    There might be some indolic jasmine in there and lots of animalic musk.Not animalic and dirty,but warm and creamy and delightful. Most teenagers are quite frank and not exactly subtle about commenting their mother's perfume,so I was reassured this musk is wearable when my daughter said it smelled really good! And this was only a few minutes after the application.

I would absolutely wear this musk anytime,anywhere.

22nd April, 2014

Brazil Nut Eau de Toilette by Body Shop

The opening is coffee and vanilla and slightly synthetic.The drydown reminds me very much of the top notes of Prada Candy and is quite delicious. Not bad for a cheap thrill but I am disappointed as I do not get any nutty notes which I was looking for in this fragrance.

31st March, 2014

Une Zeste de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine

Un Zest de Rose is a beautiful natural smelling soft tea and rose perfume on me.I normally do not like tea notes in perfumes,but here it is mostly adherent to the top notes and softens quickly.There is also citrus here, of course,but it's not sharp nor strong.I am actually mourning the older version which was very citrussy and tart and hence more refreshing than the current,much softer version,but the new version might be easier to wear or love.

Un Zest de Rose is so light that it is hard to overapply it.It's a serene and quiet scent to me despite the citrus notes. I think it would be a "safe" purchase as a gift for a woman.

28th January, 2014

Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Pure unadulterated tuberose at its best!
    It is strong; parfum strength,but never too sweet or cloying.It has just the right amount of greenness and campherous notes to cut through the floral sweetness.

The longer I have it, the more versatile it seems to be.
    However I love to wear it most on really hot summer days when it melts into the skin or on really crisp,sunny winter days when it seems to sparkle in the sun.

A very sophisticated white floral in my opinion.

Ecume de Rose by Les Parfums de Rosine

Écume de Rose has been my favourite rose perfume for years.It is dry and salty but not harsh or masculine even though it can be worn equally well by men in my opionion.It smells like a rose at the seaside.
    What is amazing is that it manages to be very rosey yet very wearable also in formal conditions like work.I think the vetiver note in the drydown is responsible for that.I can't smell any sweetness by ambery notes in it.

I absolutely adore this rose and love to wear this to Baltic Sea resorts in autumn where it harmonizes perfectly with the scent of the air.

Songes by Annick Goutal

I love this so much that I have it both in Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette.
    Both are breathtakingly beautiful and in my opinion the best tropical scents.
    Both are very similar but there are still a few differences:
    The Eau de Parfum is my true love as the ylang note is a little less prominent and the frangipani note which I adore a little more present.The Eau de Parfum also has an almost edible,addictive vanilla note which made me fall in love with it.This note is more present in fresher bottles.I definitely recommend buying it in reputable stores as Songes seems to lose its freshness within a couple of years.

Due to the complexity and deepness of Songes it seems suitable as a winter tropical,but I still find it best on very hot days when it's mellowed out a little and envelopes me with a sensual,creamy cloud.

Sycomore (new) by Chanel

Sycomore is a perfume that smells good from start to finish to me.It's dark,but not heavy.Surprisingly it works really well in hot weather.There is a fresh top note,possibly citrus, but it's not piercing.
    Shortly after the top notes are gone,I get a creamy nutty warmness which is slightly sweet.I adore this phase.Later the nuttiness subsides and the drydown is woody and quiet and easy to wear.
    This is a perfume that works great year around and on all occasions.I love to wear it on difficult days at work because it smells professional to me and still comforting

Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I have many favourites from the Malle line and Une Fleur de Cassie is one of my top three perfumes.Life shouldn't be always serious,so I have a soft spot for gourmands,too.
    I needed to try this as soon as possible even though I had no idea who Dries van Noten was.
    However this is not a real gourmand fragrance. It is too woody to be "edible". I would describe it as a woody oriental with some sweetness and spice.The top notes are the only fleeting gourmand moments about it with a little touch of peanut,spice and vanilla.The heart and drydown are centering around woody notes with the late drydown becoming very woody and cedary.

Dries van Noten is a grown-up gourmand which is comforting but sophisticated and can be worn to any occasion for business or private.
    It's a unique fragrance and I can't say it smells like any other perfume I have smelled.

5 stars from me and of course, it's full bottle worthy !

Musc by Bruno Acampora

I love this musk! It's unique and not a "pure" musk.I can smell the mushroomy opening,the violet and possibly patch with the musk but none of the notes overpowers the overall "musk" effect.It smells clean and pretty and not so spicy on me.
    I think it would make a great signature scent for those who search one.

Muschio / Musk by Santa Maria Novella

Muschio on my skin is not as simple as one might think by the listed notes.
    At first I get a sweet musk with an underlying nuttiness and I am pretty sure I can smell some vanilla,too.It's very beautiful and comforting.
    After a while it smells earthy on me which I think must be the patch note.
    I do not like this second phase as much as the first,but the scent is not so loud in the second phase so I am not annoyed by it.

It's quite a unique,true musk scent which doesn't resemble those that are sold in drugstores. I definitely recommend sampling on skin first.

Mazzolari Lei by Mazzolari

This is some amazing stuff! It seems to be very different on individual skin types. On my skin it opens up with a huge pot of hot, sweet vanilla flavoured cocoa BUT there is a slight,dirty, earthy (patchouli) muskiness underneath which prevents it from being a mainstream gourmand.

When it dries down, I find the same flavours,but subdued and backed up by some woody notes so my nose doesn't tire of this scent at all.

It's quite a sexy beast and therefore not safe for work, at least not for mine.;-)

5 sparkling stars from me!

10th January, 2014

Phi - Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer

What a beautiful hommage to Afghanistan Andy Tauer has rendered with this perfume!

I have sampled many of his perfumes before, but this is the only Tauer creation that works on my skin so far.
    I do not even wear roses well,but this perfume is sweet and soft and the rose is not in the least sour unlike most other roses on my skin. The perfume has an addictive gourmand-ish drydown which keeps me sniffing my wrists all day long.

This is an unusual creation of Andy Tauer's and I even want to say that Une Rose de Kandahar is his venture into the "Loukhoum" category and in my opinion he succeeded to surpass all the other ones I know because it is actually very wearable.

Well done, Herr Tauer!

22nd December, 2013 (Last Edited: 12th January, 2014)