Reviews by baubo

baubo's avatar
    baubo

Les Nombres d'Or - Oud by Mona di Orio

First impression? Addict by Dior. I will leave it to those with more attuned noses to appraise fully.

12 September, 2011

Crypt by The Goth Rosary

This review is based on the solid perfume.
    Dust-dry, a touch of cedar, maybe cypress. There is nothing damp or musty about this; a mainstream company could have easily called it 'Granite' or some such. Suprisingly good sillage and longevity developing to a touch of sweetness. Suitable for m/f, suitable for office wear.

01st January, 2009

Un Thé au Sahara by Stéphanie de Saint-Aignan

The mint tea opening of this is more a fleeting sweetness, like the heavily sugared tea favoured in the Middle East. The spice melange is neither sharp nor gourmand sweet but rather of spices used over many years permeating the fabric of a shop or dwelling. I love this fragrance, it may not elicit 'wow what are you wearing?' but it is exotic without shouting about it. I may be influenced by the associations of the name with the tale and song by Sting of the same name, but it is a haunting, evocative scent.

31st July, 2008

Vierges & Toreros by Etat Libre d'Orange

The glass sample I received by mail was shattered, so I salvaged as much as I by rubbing the soaking wet wrapper on my skin - not ideal. The consequence of this was a memory from 30 years ago; 'what the hell is it?'- Mystere de Rochas.
    I can't get beyond that.

16 April, 2008

Divin'enfant by Etat Libre d'Orange

I had a fragrance blotter of this on my bedside table, for days (or nights) I caught neroli with a subtle but distinct leather note. It charmed and intrigued to the extent I must try it on my skin.

08 April, 2008

Ginger by Gorilla Perfume

No, not ginger oil - I've tried that!
    The ginger note is warmer, more balanced with the juniper berry and rose.

30th December, 2006