Reviews by Chinky

Dior Addict 2 by Christian Dior

A very nice sweet summer fragrance. Very light and fruity but then softens to a soft spice base.

Kenneth Cole Signature by Kenneth Cole

A nice fragrance, but personally I'm partial to European fragrance houses like Chanel, Gucci, and Thierry Mugler. The fragrance starts off with crisp citrus notes but drys and mellows to more a mossy woods scent. I think Kenneth Cole's fragrances are great casual scents, but for more formal affairs there are better fragrances.

Herrera Aqua by Carolina Herrera

A very soft, and elegant aromatic from Carolina Herrera! I got this for my father for his birthday, his first impression was that it smelled like vodka. However, after spraying and wearing around for a bit he was very pleased. He likes lighter scents like Burberry Touch and Marc Jacobs. After this I decided to try it for myself. My body chemistry tends to eat up lighter scents, but it's still very nice. The scent has a nice subtle, clean fresh aroma. Very soft and light. An excellent fragrance for hot weather.

DKNY Be Delicious Men by Donna Karan

The bottle and name are certainly the most eyecatching features of the fragrance. I liked the unsual scent of apple, but this wears down to reveal a mossy green scent. An excellent casual scent for daytime wear.

Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton

Very sweet smelling fragrance. It reminds me of candy and bubble gum. Great for the young crowd or a casual summer day.

B*Men by Thierry Mugler

Angel Men is definitely the tastier fragrance of Thierry Mugler's collection.

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

A classy scent, but to me it's nothing extremely special. A very nice run of the mill woody-oriental fragrance. I like the citrus top notes and the spicier base. The pepper is a nice touch as well, although I find alot of people tend to be allergic to the pepper. I think if this fragrance had some notes of coffee or chocolate, it would be close to perfect.

Marc Jacobs for Men by Marc Jacobs

A very different fragrance! It's very smooth and appeals to an understated elegance. A nice light fragrance that's great for the summer and hotter climates. The fig smells awesome and the spices with the fig combine to make an almost coconut smell. Is coconut one of the notes? I love the drydown. It stays soft and the tonka bean brings out a warm sexiness.

Brit for Men by Burberry

A little too powdery for my tastes. I like Burberry scents for their simplicity. They're very different from other European houses in that they don't go for that balls to the wall "Here I am" in your face spice. Very light and easy wearing.

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

An elegant and refined fragrance! This is for the man that doesn't want an overpowering scent, rather a more fresh and citrus scent. It has a very nice green and fresh top that wears through to a sweet woody scent. It's a nice departure from more woody oriental scents like Envy and heavier warmer scents like Angel Men.

Touch for Men by Burberry

A very unmistakeable fragrance. The violet note makes it a little to floral for my tastes though. However the white musk gives the fragrance a nice soft drydown and a very sophisticated elegance. I've never been a fan of white musk, but when combined with the other notes in Touch, it becomes a very sweet and soft scent.

PS by Paul Sebastian

This fragrance reminds me of my dad. I personally don't like it. It reminds me of axe body spray or some nasty brut/old spice combo. Still popular with the older crowd, but I think there are fragrances that are far superior in quality.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

An excellent fragrance that's perfect for spring and summer. Don't let the fact that it's light, fool you. It wears very well and softens to a very nice soft mossy wood base. This was one of my first fragrances, but due to its ever growing popularity, I doubt I'll wear it for a while. Not to mention that it had a tendency to give me a headache. PS, don't ravel with this fragrance on an airplane! I was unfortunate in that the bottle leaked from the cabin pressure. My backpack reaked of Issey Miyake for almost 9 months.

Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy

The name says it all Givenchy Gentlemen. To me, it's an older man's fragrance. I'm not at all a fan of leather scents. Needless to say I don't think that it's not a quality fragrance. Definitely not for me.

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

GAG GAG GAG. Everytime I smell Fahrenheit it takes my breath away, and definitely not in a good way. Smells too much like a mediciney gasoline.

Emporio Armani He by Giorgio Armani

I like Armani fragrances for their simplicity. Emporio has a soft and light woodsy base with a slightly herbal top. It becomes almost sweet and spicy towards the end. However, Armani fragrances do not last very long on me. Personally I prefer more oriental scents, but nonetheless a very elegent fragrance!

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I certainly prefer wearing Angel Men, but just for SG I thought I'd try Angel Women. Very nice and I like the warm foods that you smell at first, but I didn't care for the dry down. Apparently there are no floral notes but on me it dried down to a honey floral. Very sexy on women though!

Prada (new) by Prada

Beautiful fragrance! A nice blend of soft warm notes like vanilla and tonka and spicey woods like patchouli and sandalwood. The citrus is also a very nice touch. Easily, in my opinion this could be a unisex fragrance.

Magie Noire by Lancôme

A true oriental! Very nice blend of black currant, bulgarian rose, and I think sandalwood. A very sensual women's fragrance but on the right man, it's also an excellent scent.

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

Another of my favorite womens' fragrances. Along with Coco Mademoiselle I consider it to be sex in a bottle. Very warm and sensual, yet more edgy and unique than Coco Mademoiselle. I've worn this myself and it mixes well with certain men's fragrances.

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

By far the best women's fragrance that Chanel has ever made! It's extremely sexy, warm, and inviting. Definitely far more modern and youth oriented than the classic No. 5. I believe my friend described No. 5 as worldy. Code for old, I guess. In my opinion, it will surpass No. 5 in popularity.

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

My first fragrance was a Chanel fragrance. I still hold the view that CHanel is the leader in fragrances. In my opinion they are the best in terms of quality. Egoiste Platinum is bold, powerful, and masculine. It was my first fragrance, and I've been addicted to Chanel ever since. The fragrance starts off fresh and clean and then transitions to a spicy woody base. Definitely for a fashionable, sophisticated man.

Allure Homme by Chanel

Allure Homme is a wonderful fragrance. It is fresh and lively yet warm and sensual and almost sweet as the base notes develop and emerge after the fruity top notes. This fragrances can be casual or dressed up depending on the occasion. I find that it's composition also allows for it to be worn year round, day and night. Like all Chanel fragrances and even their makeup, this product lasts! Every man should own at least one Chanel fragrance.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

When I first encountered Thierry Mugler fragrances I was a bit turned off. It's a complex scent and at first it smells a bit heavy, but the notes soften with your chemistry. The coffee and patchouli make the fragrance sexy, yet the lavender and mint is soothing and the caramel and chocolate are comforting and warming. I get nothing but compliments anytime I wear this fragrance, and yes I've been told that it smells like sex. Not a bad thing if I say so myself ;) This is one of my "holy trinity" of fragrances.