Reviews by miguel

28 La Pausa by Chanel

At fist sniff it reminds me of Nu (YSL). And then after couple of minutes it - wait- did I forget to put on my perfume?
Two additional puffs on my wrist, each puff on one wrist, no rubbing them against each other of course, two puffs on the neck, again one on each side. The air around me smells opulent. My husband loves the fragrance and how it grows on my skin. After half an hour he leans over and asks me why I don't wear any perfume any more. Big thumb down I'm afraid. One of most expensive 30 minutes of my life...

27th April, 2017

Boy Chanel by Chanel

I've decided it'll be THE fragrance for me. Anticipation, secrecy, expectations, even anxiety. I was sure I'd be surprised.
And then I tried it.
Imagine turning Jicky into juvenile delinquent home, re-socializing it, making him listen to Britney, Justin and having him actually like it. That's Boy. And Boy, was I surprised....
18th September, 2016

No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

Is it me or is it watery version of Allure?
18th September, 2016

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

I used to wear it in huge amounts back in high school when it was first introduced to market. A 50 mL bottle would dissapear within a month. Than couple of years later my boyfriend started using it. To be honest I didn't like on him that much. It smelt so much sweeter on my skin. After we broke up I kind of forgotten about it (the perfume, not the guy). Than couple of days ago, I found it in a store. Did they change it?! Was I actually wearing the same scent? I smelt so much better in 90's. But then again maybe that cheeting bastart have scanged my perception of Roma. Newer the less it's very masculine scent, very distinct. And yes very sweet. Not like A*Men though. And not a "formal night in an opera" scent, but ideal for a business meeting.

It still brings up good High School memories;))
17th December, 2006

Antaeus by Chanel

I got myself my very first bottle of Anteus back in '94 when I was 18 - still in high school. Since I wore only black clothes in those days it was just the matter of time when would that clasic black "so veray Chanel" bottle catch my eyes (and nose). God, I still remeber the rush that went down my spine when I sensed the fragrance for the first time. Dark, mysterious, heavy, seductive, sexy, rich, bold and maybe in depth just a bit sweet. And though 18, I had a hell-of-an- attitude to wear it.
Even now in 2006 women love it, but I find meny men to be afraid of it. Both wearing it themselves or noticing it on another men. It actually takes a lot of a men to wear it like it's suposed to be worn. One of my all time top 3 frangrances. Wondering what would EDP feel like on my skin...
12th December, 2006