Reviews by Jean-Baptiste Grenouille

Cool Buchu / Cool by Molton Brown

I recieved this as a gift and found it to be a very refreshing, clean and safe scent that I would recommend for summertime - it hasn't had much longevity during the winter months I've been wearing it...nor is it particularly suitable for winter.
    It's an energetic smell and should go down very well in the Summer.

05 January, 2007

Cool Water by Davidoff

This was my first fragrance and to be fair it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be on this site. It's simple and sharp and I'd recommend it to young guys if it weren't so overexposed. Overall, it's pleasant, refreshingly cool/sharp, very masculine, safe and very very boring.

18 December, 2006

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I tested this today and was initially shocked - It's VERY unique. I am definitely buying this, however. The smell reminded me of incense and chocolate - that may sound strange but it works extremely well and lasts forever. I was walking in cold weather for a few hours well after I applied the fragrance and every now and then I smelt the rich fragrance on me - a reminder that it was still there...it's an excellent choice for cold weather and it just lasts and lasts. It's a daring scent for sure, but if you haven't tried it I urge you to. No matter what you'll be very surprised.

18 December, 2006

Style In Play by Lacoste

I tried this today and despised it. I know people say this is for younger folk, but as an 18 year old, I thought it was foul. It smelt fruity - far too fruity...that's about it. Thankfully it disappeared rather quickly. Having said that I can understand why it would be suitable for the gym. It IS very fresh...I'll definately pass though

17 December, 2006

212 Men by Carolina Herrera

It's a nice scent - cool and fresh. Like someone said before, excellent longevity. Having said that I'd never wear it - I find it a bit too feminine

16 December, 2006