Reviews by chris-p

G Him by Gap

A very light clean citrussy scent reminiscent of clean clothes. Reminds me a little of a lighter Roots for Men. Not bad just lacking in originality. Very mainstream and inoffensive.

Just by Just White Shirts

This is a completely unobjectionable, straight scent. Your basic "clean" scent with a touch of citrus. JUST plain ordinary with no personality.

Angel Schlesser Homme by Angel Schlesser

I recently got this from a friend visiting Spain. I don't know why but I still haven't warmed to it. It's not that I hate it just that it never calls out to me. Very interesting fresh spicy scent though. Initially reminds me of Aqua Di Gio but with added spice and depth. Russlan is right to compare it to a fresher reworked version to Azzaro. Light enough to be worn at work yet strong enough for nightime use IMO.

Cortez by Fruits and Passion

The Fruits and Passions line are pretty popular here in Montreal. Cortez is a very nice understated woody scent. A great everyday fragrance that is very inexpensive for the quality of the scent. A friend of mine at work wears this and suits him to a T. Very masculine woody scent that is worth looking into!

Ulysses by Fruits and Passion

Ulysses, as the name suggests,is a marine scent that I find compelling especially in the first stages. Sort of like a mix between Kenzo and Eau D'Issey.The only problem is that it doesn't last very long at all. A pity as it is great

Mexx Man by Mexx

Although not in the ingredients, this has a very blue, musky scent to me at least. Nice but not worth getting in my opinion.

Séxual pour Homme by Michel Germain

A very interesting oriental type fragrance,which was inspired by romantic elixirs of old times. It is like a combination of a lot of other scents out there all into one. I find it similar to D&G Homme but with added incense notes. I think it is supposed to have pheromones in it also but am unsure. Quite light for a spicy scent and long lasting. It is great in the first hour or so but lacks depth in the drydown. Worth a try though!

No. 88 by Czech & Speake

Of all the fragrances I own, this is the one I have the most difficulty in pinning down, probably due to all the ingredients. But I could definitely say there is something alluring about it. To me it has a very clean edge, but not clean in the Gendarme or Cologne way. It has this soapy lemony accord that I like. It also has a very interesting rose note. There is something very "ancient" about it and I could easily picture myself wearing it to a ball in a medieval castle.If the vampire Lestat were to have a signature fragrance this would be it! It has a nice aura about it but isn't overpowering at all!

Mark Birley for Men by Mark Birley

Very intersting. UN cologne like. Has a sharp edge to it that I like.Also has a floral quality yet still remains masculine. The closest one I could compare it to would be Angel Schlesser which also has a sharp edge I find.

M by Banana Republic

I really do not like this one . The grapefruit note is too prominent. I don't like it when a specific note comes out too much in a fragrance. I prefer a combination of notes which makes it more complex. Great for summer though if you like this type.

Kumquat Alhambra / Kumquat by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

If you're looking for a real "pick me up" scent, one that will invigorate and wake you up this is it! A very fresh fruity burst right from the start to finish! Great for when you are in the citrussy fruity mood!

Homme Nature by Yves Rocher

A very underrated scent in my opinion. This one was referred to me by Rob and I always wear it when I want a sporty fragrance.Very long lasting. To me this scent has blue oceanic accords but not as much as Issey or Kenzo. Just the right amount.

Homme de Grès by Grès

A very lemony scent comparable to Armani Homme. What I like about it is that it retains its lemony smell throughout the whole drydown. If you like lemony scents and if you could find it give it a try!

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

Herrera was my signature scent for a long time so this scent will always hold a special place for me.
    It is a very classy scent and to me is perfectly balanced and could be worn anytime. The girls absolutely adore it also. I really like the tobacco note in it.

Gendarme V by Gendarme

I really like to wear this scent in the daytime when I can't make up my mind. It really has that "clothes fresh out of the dryer" scent that people notice. It is greener and longer lasting than the original but I still prefer the original as I find the V more feminine to me. I will sometimes use it to spray on my bedsheets to get a fresher smell( though yes I do wash them regularly). Promotes good sleep.

Gendarme by Gendarme

To me this is the perfect clean scent ever which also never fails to get compliments. Perfect for when you don't want to wear something too aromatic. Has a nice leather note also in the base.I would love to try the other stuff in their line also to complete the experience!

Eau d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal

A classic! This can be worn by both men and women and has remarkable staying power for a citrussy lemony scent. Extremely classy and elegant. I do not regret this purchase.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

A terrific scent! Great sexy combination of spices, lavender, tobacco with a slight fruity accord. Lasts a good long time also. A favorite of many which is why I don't wear it as much these days, however. One I am sure to get back into someday.

Deauville pour Homme by Michel Germain

This one is described as "fresh as the ocean air accuented with woods and spices". However it does absolutely nothing for me at all.A bottle of this was given to me by a friend who recently got into Armani (he only wears one fragrance at a time). Now I know why! The worst fragrance I own!

Byblos Uomo (original) by Byblos

Although I originally got this scent because I found there was something very distinctive about it, I find it has an odd cold , sour metallic note to it that turns me off. It is a citrussy scent that to me could be worn all year round because it has a lot of depth for a citrussy scent. Funny thing is I got tons of compliments while wearing it. People said it suited me well and was original smelling. However I just can't get past that odd note. Perhaps I should give it another try someday.

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme by Bulgari

This is supposed to be pretty much the same scent as the original Bvlgari but longer lasting. To me however it is different and not as good as the original, which I prefer by a mile. It has an odd bitter note that reminds me of celery for some reason. I'll pass.

Bernini Men by Bernini

This one is not bad at all though a little too similar to a lot of scents out there. I would think this scent would be perfect for someone who wants to start wearing fragrance but is undecided as to what he wants. Seems this fragrance has a little bit of everything in it.It has marine notes, green notes, grapefruit, musk, pepper, nutmeg, vetiver,patchouli, berries and a whole lot more!

Aubusson Homme by Aubusson

I find it difficult describing this scent as it doesn't really remind me of anything else out there. It's sort of fresh I guess but with woody undertones.In a way it is very classy. I always get compliments when wearing it but don't usually since I find it to be not that long lasting. Maybe three to four hours. Too bad.

Bulgari pour Homme by Bulgari

Bulgari Homme is perfect for office wear as it is a great scent and above all not overpowering.It is discreet yet present.I love the Darjeeling tea notes and its musky drydown.I can also see it as a romantic fragrance.

01st September, 2001 (Last Edited: 17 October, 2001)

Casran by Chopard

I really,really like it.Very fresh yet sweet.Although i like it very much,i don't seem to be experiencing the spicier notes,or the incense notes all that much.It just leaves me with sort of a sweet,"powdery" note at the drydown.Of course,i shall use it again tomorrow and see if my opinion changes, but all in all a very pleasant,one of a kind fragrance!Perhaps i am over-imaginative but it makes me think of what the fluffiest cloud in Heaven would smell like,but don't quote me on that! :-)

31st August, 2001

By Man by Dolce & Gabbana

As for By, let me just say that i find this scent to be absolutely fabulous!It figures as one of my top five.It is a perfect blend ofsweet/spicyut not too much of either.I find it to be the perfect blend for a nice fall or winter night.There's something very sexy about this scent,and i always get compliments when i wear it.I can't compare it to anything out there.Very masculine. Last winter a girlfriend of mine loved it so much that she lent me one of her scarves so that i could wear it and give it back filled with the scent.It is not overbearing,however,yet lasts a long time on me.

30th August, 2001

Vetiver by Guerlain

I finally got this one and i am really glad i did!It is evolving quite nicely on me!I love it and has now become one of my top 5! When i initially tried it last week i was not overly impressed but thanks to your numerous posts on this fabulous scent i gave it another chance and will never regret it!

27 August, 2001