Reviews by chris2005

chris2005's avatar
    chris2005

Unbound for Men by Halston

Very much a AdG clone, but very well done. I actually prefer this to the original, as this fragrance has more sillage and has a slightly fruitier note. And the best part? Got a 3.4oz bottle for 10 bucks. Fosheezie!

18th October, 2006

Magnetism for Men by Escada

Love it, tried it today and can't get enough of it. A bit sweet, but, as someone else stated, very luxurious. I think of wine for some reason, and for me that's A-OK! Goes up to my top 10 list.

08th October, 2005

True Star Men by Tommy Hilfiger

A light cologne, (like so many out there.) But there's something about this one that hits me. The smell is really addicting to me for some reason. I can't quite place why, but I really like it. Thought about buying it, but figured that within months this will reek in schools and businesses everywhere, so I decided on something else. But I do recommend it.

Style In Play by Lacoste

Really fresh and fruity and not sickenly so as many other fragrances. I actually skipped over this one many times at the department store, and was pleasantly surprised to finally get a whiff of it. Recommended! (Though for the younger guys.)

Touch for Men by Burberry

Touch for Men is a sweet cologne, but not too much, just enough to set it apart. Can't really grasp what makes it sweet though, but I do like it. And it does get compliments, just don't overspray this one. Some colognes aren't meant for overspray, and this is definitely one of them. (They tend to be sweet colognes that do this.)

Red for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Too early 90s for me, which means musty and rather heavy. I could understand the following it has however, it does have it's signiature scent. Just don't expect to smell something spectacular when you pay 200 bucks for it.

Reaction for Men by Kenneth Cole

Really fruity and really nice. Definitely a summer cologne, and something you shouldn't wear too often, but I recommend it for those who like fruity fragrances. Women tend to like it as well.

Pi Fraiche by Givenchy

Original Pi was perfect, so I don't know why they bothered, but it seems everybody has to do a summer version of their popular cologne. Wasn't really interested in it, but it isn't a bad scent. I guess I'm too much of a Pi guy to really love it.

Try Pi first, then the Fraiche version next.

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Too spicy, too spice cake like. All this comes in the initial spray, but it mellows down to a more wearable scent. It's something you have to grow on, and something I don't recommend buying blind (as I did.) It's definitely not a masculine scent, but something more inbetween, which I found a bit disappointing.

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Really sweet and really vanilla like, which I tend to love in fragrances. But try it first, especially with all this controversy. But it may be a bit too popular for those looking for something different. Le Male isn't for those who want an everyday scent.

H.M. by Hanae Mori

I love this cologne, a bit like A Men, but with more class and less of the chocolate note. I haven't tried the EDP version yet, and I'm willing to give it a go, as the EDT seems to be missing something (but not enough to keep it away from my skin!) Give it a try!

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

I agree with the "flowerly" comment. It's too much and also too popular of a cologne for me to wear. I guess the fact that people tend to overspray this also makes me react negatively to it. Most people like it though, but I thank myself for trying it out before even thinking of buying it.

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

A good everyday cologne, fresh and young, but I think it may be a bit too common. I prefer the Wave version actually, as it says more SUMMER than the original, and I only wear light colognes during the hot season. But you can't go wrong with this one!

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Took a while to get used to it, but A Men really is something special! Just chocolate, chocolate, chocolate is all I smell, but it's taseful, if yet a bit playful. The younger guys get a kick out of this, but the older ones can appreciate it as well. I can understand if a few people hate it, but I guess they must have had a bad experience with someone who had 20 sprays too many. Keep it light guys!

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

My favorite light cologne, and also a hit with women. I definitely smell a lot of lemon in it, just something fresh about it that's really likeable. It'll appeal more to the younger guys however, so take my advice with caution if a bit older. And please don't overspray, it gives me headache when I do.

10th September, 2005 (Last Edited: 01st October, 2005)

212 Men by Carolina Herrera

I was disappointed, nothing really new or invigorating about the scent. It's actually pretty bland. It won't offend, so you can't go wrong, but I was wishing for something more sophisticated and metropolitan.

10th September, 2005

Black by Kenneth Cole

No originality in this cologne. Just bland, bland, bland. You can't hate it, it doesn't offend in any way, but it's amazing how non-descriptive this Black is. You can't go wrong with this, but I just wish it had more oomph to it.

04th September, 2005

Joop! Homme by Joop!

I have a mixed opinion about this cologne. It's really unique, very recognizable, but I think it's done the wrong way. It's too 'something,' maybe too strong or too weird. I don't know, I liked it the first time I smelled it, but it seems my opinion has changed (or my tastes.) Don't make a blind purchase of this cologne, smell it first. It's a love it or hate it relationship when it comes to Joop.

04th September, 2005

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

You can't go wrong with this. Some people commented on it's floral and watery scent, and I have to say that description is right on. Very light and pleasing, it doesn't hit you in the face like some other colognes. A pleasent scent for everyday use.

Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger

I wore this during my high school years and now everytime I smell it, boom!, the memories fly in. I wasn't really into cologne back then, but I always liked it. I still have the very bottle I wore for high school. The scent has aged a bit though, so it's a bit spicier than I recall. I guess the reason I don't really wear it now (besides the aging) is the memories of my school years that comes along with it. In other words: it's depressing.

But hey, I definitely recommend this scent. Instantly recognizable...

OP Juice by Ocean Pacific

I recieved this scent for Christmas and didn't think of it much, I sprayed it every so often for events and such. But everybody I knew liked it, one my cousins came into my room just to spray it on him. It's light, it's fresh and citrusy. Now that I'm running out, I'm beginning to appreciate just how cool it is!

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

Definitely a masculine scent and really suited for late dinners and the fall/winter season. Didn't think of it much when I first recieved my sample, but when I came back to it months later, I forgot how good it smelled! Not really for the citrus scent crowd and it settles nicely once the top notes wear out.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Cool Water isn't my favorite cologne, but it ranks up there. It really doesn't remind me of water (which I'm guessing it's trying to imply,) but it smells more like an outdoorsy scent. Everybody seems to have it, but I still recommend it. I wore it the whole time while on vacation, now everytime I smell it nothing but good memories flash back.

Curve Wave for Men by Liz Claiborne

Great stuff! Wasn't sure about it first and the top notes were a bit chaotic. But it settles down and you get a great summer fragrance. I don't actually like the original Curve, so this was a bit of surprise.

10th July, 2005

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Not exactly the best cologne I've ever tried, but it works well for everday use. Can't go wrong...

07th July, 2005