Reviews by gloomy_liv

gloomy_liv's avatar
    gloomy_liv

Sweet Darling by Kylie Minogue

Though it has some notes in common with the original Darling (Passion fruit, Freesia, Australian sandalwood, vanilla), it's a whole lot sweeter than Darling - hence the name - because of the added Cotton Candy note. With the addition of Bergamot, Osmanthus, patchouli and benzoin, Sweet Darling is made into a gourmand with an oriental twist.
    A bit too synthetically sweet for me, but it's not a complete failure. I'm keeping my opinion neutral on this one :)

18th November, 2007

Fetish by Ayala Moriel

If you like your citrus, but not just your traditional lemons or oranges, than this is a nice addition to your fragrance collection. :)
    The lemongrass is very strong for the first 10 minutes or so, but it's really nice. After a while the jasmine & a sweeter citrus note (probably the Litsea Cubeba) surface, and the drydown of green tea with a hint of vanilla is gorgeous.
    My only 'negative' is that it only lasts about 2 and a half hours. Would love it to last longer - but, you can't have everything!! :)

21st May, 2007

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

Looking at the notes involved in this, I was interested in trying it out...but as soon as I sprayed it on my wrist...headache!! It's a very strong fragrance - too strong for me. I don't get a good mix of the florals in this - I seem to be getting a strong mix of chamomile and patchouli. Unfortunately, this is definitely not a scent that goes well on my skin...something more like what my mum would wear - she can wear chypres and they smell very nice on her!

03rd March, 2007

Forbidden Fruit by Desperate Housewives

At first, I was a bit wary of trying this fragrance - mainly because I'm not a fan of the TV show. But I had to try it (as I was going to be selling it!!) - to my surprise, I actually liked it! Reminded me of my grandmother's garden (wisteria and jasmine). A lot more mature than the Desperate Housewives image. It lasts up to 7 hours on my skin, and it stays nice the whole time (doesn't turn sour or horrible). A nice, fresh floriental!

26th January, 2007