Reviews

Reviews by memories

EC2 by Bex London

This is just gorgeous. The spices are dominant for a short whle .As they change there is still spice but it has something that makes me think of spicy pastries of the sweet sort.
01st July, 2012 (last edited: 05th July, 2012)

Pure Grace by Philosophy

Truly the most revolting fragrance I have ever had the displeasure of trying. If you wish to smell of a laundromat buy this.
13th December, 2011 (last edited: 23rd December, 2011)

Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain

I am afraid I agree 100% with Octavian. Throw out the fragrance and I'll have the bottle.
31st August, 2011

1000 by Jean Patou

I don't have Vibert's nose ( sadly) all I can say is this is a many-layered exquisite scent. I love " Joy" so thought I might not like it as much . It just bowled me over. My love of silk , cashmere and velvet seem to go with a love of rich scents. Vibert says it's qualities are similar to Mitsouko , luckily for me whereas the Guerlain gives me migraine no Patou perfume ever has .
02nd June, 2009

Eau de Sisley 1 by Sisley

Very over-priced for what is an average cologne.
08th May, 2009

Soir de Lune by Sisley

A headache in a bottle , too many things clashing at once . As if stronger is better , not always.
08th May, 2009

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon by Comme des Garçons

Fabulous incense and so much cheaper than Armani Privee's version.
18th April, 2009

Dans Tes Bras by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Ghastly , at first a sort of vanilla that starts getting a strong spicy smell. Then it smells like a bin on a hot day with something pleasant trying to break through. This is experimental perfumery that is fine if you were trying to re-create the smells of the Viking times for York museum.

Jasmin de Nuit by The Different Company

The jasmine was buried in patchouli after a few minutes . The price is really not justified.

Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This made me nauseous and gave me a migraine. It is rich and voluptuous but like a roomful of women all wearing haevy scent.

L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Very clever , it smells like an icy morning to me. It's light and fresh so great on hot days yet fun to smell on a cold day.

Une Rose by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

The most sensual rose perfume I have ever tried. It's strong and after a while a little like soil coming through like it's rained in your rose garden. A work of genius.

Bois d'Iris by The Different Company

Sadly I loved this for all of five minutes , Iris is not a smell I like but as this is root of Iris it's lovely . Then after five minutes on me it turned into pencil shavings . I might have bought a cheaper cedar heavy fragrance as that's the over-riding smell.

Yardley Gentleman by Yardley

I keep reading negative comments about English perfumes on here yet not other review sites. This is a classic cologne , if it lasts that's a good thing. I am not sure why Amouage fans would like it but as I am one maybe it's true .

Imperial Vetyver by Yardley

I love this ,it's refreshing . The quality is great for the price. It's a summer splash . The dawn of English perfumery ? I know Floris and Penhaligons are old houses and they are excellent.

English Rose by Yardley

Great reviews, this is as good as Penhaligons Elizabethan Rose . sadly it's hard to get now.

Lily of the Valley by Yardley

A good quality Lily of the Valley .It's a classic and stays pure .It might be chaep in price but not in quality.

Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal

Too raw , cold and mediocre . I like rose perfumes that smell like roses in the sun .
29th March, 2009

Matthew Williamson - The Collection: Incense by Matthew Williamson

I was surprised how close I found this to Armani Privee "Bois D'Encens".It's much lighter but cheaper so you can spritz with it all day . It has the ancient church smell that I love. I must look up the ingredients because I find paying Armani's price for a lot of cedar rather upsetting. I had expected it to be loaded with incense.

Broadway Nite by Bond No. 9

I love this , it does remind me of Chanel no 5 but with a twist. I am not expert enough yet to say much more.

Elisabethan Rose by Penhaligon's

A light fresh rose that is a delight in the warmer months. It doesn't stay on my skin long but is a classic beauty.

Gold Woman by Amouage

Gold it is , rose , Frankincense and myrrh are really a Heavanly combination. I feel that this must be the smell of angels. The rose is most prominent to my nose . I feel enveloped in pure silk velvet when wearing this beauty.